Dunfermline Athletic -vs- Dundee United (Do we really have to edition)

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s a wee gentlemen’s agreement somewhere, stay and see us right this year and you can go in the summer. I’d heard he’s signed a PCA with the Jam Tarts but could be rubbish. 

Aye it will be. 

He'll be at away in the summer, it might well be to Hearts but they'll need to stump up a fee. It won't be anymore than we rejected in January, it was just more about the timing. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A final note. Well done to Section North West last night. Vocal, raucous at goals and kept pyros away from playing field. When doing well, they become focal point of the club and you could see that from the players' reaction at the end.

I know there's a very small minority ruining it for everyone, and giving both the section and the club a bad name, but last night shows it's easy enough to support our club with passion and noise and pyros without being a total dickhead. 

Well played. 💪👍

Tremendous performance and result. I was never not going to go last night but wasn't exactly fired up for it but with the Pars you just never know. There's always a game like that waiting to surprise us and I think that's why we put up with getting horsed off Morton and the like....

So many good performances but the defence played really well, didn't give them a sniff for an hour which allowed us to build a healthy lead. For me the clear MOM was Jakubiak. He was outstanding up front. Not the tallest but he was so good at taking difficult balls in, turning and running at them. Brilliant to see. 

Hopefully the squad gets a big lift from that and really kicks on now.

I certainly didn’t expect that result last night. Despite having a season ticket this is only the second win that I have witnessed (I can’t make every game due to my shifts).

I am now down south at a old works reunion and searching for the Arab fae Kirriemuir that is also supposed to be attending.

Well done Pars for setting my weekend off with a bang. 

I would also add, that until The Pars were 2-0 up, I felt that Utd were one of the poorest teams I had seen this season. 

Edited by Dunfermline Don

4 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye good work Inspector Poiroit

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

We have initiated a one year clause, so he is here next season. Kinda blows that to pieces, Columbo. 

TV Forum for that sort of chat...

2 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

I know there's a very small minority ruining it for everyone, and giving both the section and the club a bad name,

It's the same with any club I'm guessing - we have a support who are 99.5% sound. The Cowshed faithful police this well, though. Dickhead shouts from the roasters are invariably met with a barrage of abuse from anyone in earshot.

Superb result for Pars last night, fair play.

2 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Totally right. He never once played as well as that for us. Always tried to be fair but against the Terrors 😂 he was immense. I thought Michael Stewart was churlish no to give him MOTM just because the said pundit early on said he thought that Jakubiak essentially flattered to deceive. It’s clearly not in his nature to be humble. Shame. 

Have to disagree , he played exactly like that once Bowyer decided to play Two up front , so when paired with his mate robinson he was excellent for us specially the last 6 or 7 games 

Can’t get upset by that, we deserved everything we got.

When I saw the team selection (Docherty, Sibbald and Tillson all starting and no wide players) I thought it was inevitable that we’d get beat.

Our ‘defending’ for Dunfermilne’s third was hilarious.

17 minutes ago, Girth said:

Any highlights up yet!?

Thank you. 

You can probably get the whole game on bbc iplayer now , big Alex was brilliant exact opposite of Holt who is now showing the 💩 form he used to have while at dens 

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Can’t get upset by that, we deserved everything we got.

When I saw the team selection (Docherty, Sibbald and Tillson all starting and no wide players) I thought it was inevitable that we’d get beat.

Our ‘defending’ for Dunfermilne’s third was hilarious.

Middleton, Cudjoe and Fotheringham have all caused us issues this season, very nice of Goodwin to start none of them. 

Is Cudjoe shite against everyone else? 

Dunfermline really love us this year: 12 points and a win in the cup gifted to us  and then taking points off DU for good measure. Cheers lads.

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Middleton, Cudjoe and Fotheringham have all caused us issues this season, very nice of Goodwin to start none of them. 

Is Cudjoe shite against everyone else? 

Aye, strange stuff.

The one that I really don’t understand was them not starting Grimshaw.  Every time he played against us he nullified Edwards and could be a typically top end championship player that gets those around him playing better.  Seeing him on the bench when the teams came out made me think it might just be our night.

1 hour ago, Brmiddleton4 said:

It’s kinda funny how much worse united are than dundee at the minute. Would anyone from the united team even get into the dundee one

Maybe Sibald if Syall or Boateng for badly injured , can’t think of anyone else , gave Declan Gallagher a wee thought , but then again nah portales , shaunessy and Donnelly are way better 

2 hours ago, bagpuss said:

Dunfermline really love us this year: 12 points and a win in the cup gifted to us  and then taking points off DU for good measure. Cheers lads.

As we keep banging on in here, we don't even hate you.

3 hours ago, Brmiddleton4 said:

It’s kinda funny how much worse united are than dundee at the minute. Would anyone from the united team even get into the dundee one

It would be a struggle for almost all United players to get into the Dundee team.  On the other hand several of our subs against Aberdeen would walk into the United team.  That’s not even me trying to wind up the United fans.  I’m being completely genuine in my assessment.