8 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Anyone know of this happening before? The only thing I can think of was Viduka spitting on an opposition player. Scullion is going to get a ban no doubt about that, just wonder how long of a ban he will receive. How long a ban did Viduka get?

El Hadji Diouf had two- and three-game bans for spitting. He was also fined £5,000 for spitting after charges were brought against him by police.

26 minutes ago, David W said:

Meanwhile, in Turkey, they have learned from Scullion's mistake;

Those players could have avoided being attacked by a rampant mob of hooligans if they just didn't celebrate a late win on the pitch as a team...

3 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

I would say the majority of Clyde fans including myself weren’t too bothered about the Forfar celebration because the game is the game, although I was at that game and there was no abuse given to the Forfar player at the time, so I understand how Clyde fans where frustrated over the player celebrating in front of us, when his own fans where very near us. I disagree when u say Scullion caused the issue because the Bonnnyrigg fan started everything. They were giving him abuse for no reason, it was them that caused spitgate.

3 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

I think Peterhead and Spartans might have something to say about that. 578E11F0-3974-436B-9B7A-3300B293F989.thumb.png.6025c30d543ab98d5774cb87f756c437.png125D181E-DFEE-4ED8-A24F-B2FA185C2A59.thumb.png.eea3f172b125e5826dc1daddbe625e1d.png

For the record, the “Forfar fans” causing the bother referred to in the club statements were not present at the Clyde game or yesterday and have hopefully decided to stay away. The group in question were new faces, not supporters and clearly only there for one purpose.

Clyde fans didn’t abuse Forfar players before Andy Munro celebrated in front of them? Eh, no that’s certainly not true.

3 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

For the record, the “Forfar fans” causing the bother referred to in the club statements were not present at the Clyde game or yesterday and have hopefully decided to stay away. The group in question were new faces, not supporters and clearly only there for one purpose.

Clyde fans didn’t abuse Forfar players before Andy Munro celebrated in front of them? Eh, no that’s certainly not true.

Aw just admit there are a few bams in your perfect little support and save the energy spent on mental gymnastics

11 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

I think Peterhead and Spartans might have something to say about that. 578E11F0-3974-436B-9B7A-3300B293F989.thumb.png.6025c30d543ab98d5774cb87f756c437.png125D181E-DFEE-4ED8-A24F-B2FA185C2A59.thumb.png.eea3f172b125e5826dc1daddbe625e1d.png

Swift action was taken, the "young pretenders" have been rapidly fucked off. They only appeared at/after the Hibs SC game, caused aggro and have been told not to come back.

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

Swift action was taken, the "young pretenders" have been rapidly fucked off. They only appeared at/after the Hibs SC game, caused aggro and have been told not to come back.

Both those posts from the club are 25 days apart regarding two separate games. 

I wouldn’t describe any action there as swift.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Clyde is my second team. The reason I support them is when I lived in Glasgow quite a number of years ago  I adopted them and used to watch them quite a bit. Why because there was no way I would support Rangers or Celtic ever, Partick was not for me and QP while a bit romantic was rather silly at Hampden. So it had to be Clyde particularly given their great but fallen history. 

The reason for the intro is I only watch Clyde very occasionally now (although a few times this season) as I live down south and  very rarely away although I  always keenly look out for their results and absolutely want them to prosper. 

Given the debate over the unfortunate altercation at the end as a very occasional this is my impression  of the support on Saturday was as follows.

150 or so perhaps in the away end. Strong bias to grey hair but a fair few under 40 and some children. So pretty decent number but it was a critical game.

This critical game starts as badly as could conceivably happen. Dreadful cock up 1-0 down. Defeat certainly means play offs and probable LL. I was behind the goal and with only one exception there was a passive resignation. No bad language, stoic acceptance. Given the importance of the game and the shocking nature of the first goal  I might have expected more anger. It was pretty restrained with almost disappointed resignation. 

Second half totally different - support up for it big time after the goal and passionate but it was pretty old school(which I like) - decent banter and certainly no agro from the fans just delight at a decent performance. A little bit of goading but that comes with the territory and is part of the game so long as not as not offensive which it wasn’t. 

I have no idea if Clyde are the most hated team in the league or not but in my view the support given what they have been through over a long time is remarkably loyal, pretty stoic and good humoured. That’s one  of the reasons I am keen to go along when I can and give a cheer.

10 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

For the record, the “Forfar fans” causing the bother referred to in the club statements were not present at the Clyde game or yesterday and have hopefully decided to stay away.

Jesus man, no one cares.

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Both those posts from the club are 25 days apart regarding two separate games. 

I wouldn’t describe any action there as swift.

The 2 games were 14 days apart, immediately following the Hibs game and were the 1st 2 home games after that.

2 home games since, no repeat. 

Try harder.

11 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

I'd say at least one of your clubs support does 

You're just getting the piss ripped out you. They only posted the Forfar stuff as a retaliation to the Forfar fan coming here and trying to stick his oar in.

Normally though, someone involved with Clyde would never dream of retaliating.

5 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

You're just getting the piss ripped out you. They only posted the Forfar stuff as a retaliation to the Forfar fan coming here and trying to stick his oar in.

Normally though, someone involved with Clyde would never dream of retaliating.

I don't blame Scullion for reacting. I'd rather he had walloped the lad, mind.

Too many bams think they can act how they want and because they are separated by some sort of barrier they are protected.

I'm.sure both the fan and the player regret the disgusting incident, and highly unlikely it will happen again.

2/3 game ban for Scullion and ban fan for rest of the season (3 games anyway).

Lets move on ffs.

Edited by macclyde+

46 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

They’ve not been back for 2 games so we can rid ourselves of any responsibility. Ok then. 

What responsibilities do you want? They've been identified and cctv was passed to police Scotland. 

31 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Swift enough. Also not over 20 days, so swifter than your rudimentary maths.

The maths going by the two posts your club put out.

Swift would be after the first occasion the “non-fans who’d never been at a Forfar game before or since” caused trouble.