15 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'm not at the game, but does Boruc actually make saves?  Every time he plays, we seem to concede hunners.

Without exaggeration it would have been double figures without him today.

Just now, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Thought it took Airdrie 20 mins to get to grips with Arbroath trying to boot the full team into the stands and once Reilly went off Arbroath offered nothing.

PS Ricky Little is finished at this level and should’ve been sent off twice.

Fair comment.

Never seen anyone in this league tormenting Megwa like Reilly was, hope he's ok, but I was glad to see the back of him and Airdrie dominated from that point on. Actually thought Lyall was pish for the first 20 mins until turning into prime Messi for the rest of the game, and definitely MOM!

Unfortunately, it's all over for Arbroath for me and bang goes one of my favourite away days.

1 minute ago, Diamonds02 said:

No issue with the time wasting tbh. Think we’re forgetting the time Rae takes to take a goal kick when we’re winning. However, little and McKenna should’ve been off for me.

McKenna lost the plot for the challenge in front of the Arbroath fans, could easily been a red.

Agree about the first 20 minutes after that Arbroath just had nothing, I've never seen a team so rattled by a high press. Some superb football from Airdrie at times and some ridiculous cross field balls at times.

Also telling that both of their goals came from our mistakes (albeit the first was a slick pass after the initial mistake). No idea how good the new keeper is although he didn't look confident. Couple of unreal saves from Boruc denying us a bracketed score on the teleprinter 😂

Big respect to the young Arbroath fans who kept going for the full 90. A lot of people slag ultras culture but th y were a credit today.

10 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Big respect to the young Arbroath fans who kept going for the full 90. A lot of people slag ultras culture but th y were a credit today.

You must sit far left. Pretty sure that was Airdrie kids banging the drum. Arbroath fans were mainly old grumpy blokes likes us. Particularly the chap that was close to heart failure because Airdrie infiltrated their pie queue. Hope he’s ok.

Edited by Mingus2000

1 minute ago, Mingus2000 said:

You must sit far left. Pretty sure that was Airdrie kids banging the drum. Arbroath fans were mainly old grumpy blokes likes us. Particularly the chap that was close to heart failure because Airdrie infiltrated their pie queue. Hope he’s ok.

Hahaha was it? I'm awaaaay up at the other side. 

14 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Hahaha was it? I'm awaaaay up at the other side. 

I’m pretty sure it was a bunch of wee guys there with the mascots who were related to Gavin Gallagher. Think they were even singing “no Gavin, no party” at one point before he came on.

6 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I’m pretty sure it was a bunch of wee guys there with the mascots who were related to Gavin Gallagher. Think they were even singing “no Gavin, no party” at one point before he came on.

Ah, so it was Oh Gavin Gallagher wedged into seven nations army. Nice.

After that sticky period and Dows quick run in for the opener, we finally got the midfield and forwards going , especially Lyall and McStravick. 

Good to see five different scorers and although Boric was dodgy at Watsons goal he saved a bit of a hiding later on. 

Arbroath did show a bit of a fight early on but once Airdrie got the fourth they  looked like a side soon facing relegation. 

I like McKenna as a player but his foul on Frizzel was worthy of a straight red card. Little and O'Brien now seem just beyond their great partnership.

Hard to judge our new keeper but our defence was excellent for the most part. It certainly did help when Reilly went off and Mega had that side to himself from then on. 

Onwards to the cup final.