🔴🟡Thistle vs Morton🔵⚪️ 16th March 2024

13 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

This is a 4-2-3-1 with O'Connor right back, Power and French sitting, Gillespie in the middle of the 3. This seems insane.

Surely not. I just assumed it was the same formation as Monday.

Is there at least some fluidity to player positions?

Always a chance we'll concede a spawny, shitey goal outta nowhere, but we're constantly on the front foot.

Fitzpatrick needs a rest, dunno how to accomodate it but hes either feeling the effects of getting chopped down every week running at folk, out of confidence, or both.

Neilson a bit uncomfortable in midfield hence the *possibly* soft booking, conversely McBeth is strolling it in defence.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

26 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Surely not. I just assumed it was the same formation as Monday.

Is there at least some fluidity to player positions?

No, and it's gone as badly as you'd think.

I've seen managers get the brainwave to move full backs into holding midfield before and it usually goes terribly, but at least you can often see the thought process in those full backs being good passers of the ball so might be able to spray it around from midfield. I think French genuinely has the worst distribution of any professional footballer I've ever seen including goalkeepers, and he's predictably been even more abysmal than usual.

The goal though is entirely on Power. Absolutely brainless to try to bring it down and take a touch with the ball dropping in that area of the park with Graham a yard away from it him, he was always more likely to lose it than keep it and there's nothing anyone else can do about it once Graham's away from Power. It had been coming though, we've looked lost since kick-off.

The feeling without Oakley has been that we're beaten as soon as we're behind, and we've had even less attacking threat here than we've had in any of the last four games with Gillespie also having no idea what he's doing in an advanced role and no width. With Broadfoot on a booking get him off for Garrity and reshuffle everyone else into their real positions.

And that one came from us having no outball because our most advanced player from the previous clearance was Gillespie.

Subs should have been on at half-time if not after 10 minutes, far too late now.

Routine three points against Greenock.

We have no competent keeper, we're toiling badly, they have recently been on a 16 game unbeaten run - and yet we're somehow still above them. 

Oh, and Big Brian Graham scores again. Chuckle.

chuckle.gif

Exactly what we deserved today. 

Gillespie, Power, Crawford and Blues on the park and Tyler fucking French was playing centre mid...

Broadfoot useless at one end. Muirhead (Robbie) useless at the other.

Garrity and Bearne were our best players. That sums it up.