City vs the Wasps

Its a bit early to start a thread for an Alloa game but  why not? We are going well and the squad seems very happy to be playing for Andy. Think an away  win is the most likely result even with our absentees. Looking forward to a return to scoring form for Ally.

Son and Nephew of former City managers Shaun and Tam, Taylor Steven seems to be regularly scoring so I would fancy him nicking a goal. 

Hopefully there won't be any wee scrotes coming from Alloa looking for trouble and embarrasing the rest of you fine folk. If they are, well Lochend is just up the road and it's not known for it's shrinking violets so f*ck off up there if you want a rumble and leave the rest of us alone to enjoy the football. 

BTW- 1000 years ago I went to a Scottish Cup tie at the Recs when Alloa played Cowdenbeath (Wasps lost. Sorry). I went because it was, unusual for the time, played on a Sunday. Does anyone remember why it was on a Sunday? 

I seen we've banned a lot of the younger fans from the Recs, not sure how that works with away games.

Edinburgh away been a bit of a bogey fixture for us. Hopefully with the way we've been playing recently we'll do enough to come back with 3 points. 

Will be interesting to see who replaces Wales up top if he is away with Scotland. I think Roy's the better choice if we're wanting to play the same type of football but Sammon is good for a goal and can never fault his efforts.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

First news to me and I do the tickets.

Read in our thread they'd tried to ban genuine home and away supporters too. There certainly wasn't anywhere near as many young fans against Kelty as there had been. Seen some getting searched before entry too. I could be wrong with the official banning though

14 minutes ago, Rory said:

Read in our thread they'd tried to ban genuine home and away supporters too. There certainly wasn't anywhere near as many young fans against Kelty as there had been. Seen some getting searched before entry too. I could be wrong with the official banning though

It was a cold day against Kelty - I expect there'll be a full complement by the time we're involved in the playoffs.

Searches probably focused because we narrowly avoided causing damage at Montrose and that makes everyone nervous. Smoke bombs if they land on the burning bits melt the park like in the aftermath of Stirling Albion game.

Is Wales away today? Read somewhere that it's the two games after this he will miss. We have good options anyway in Sammon and Roy. Friend of mine who supports Killie always says Sammo was at his best for them with a creative influence like Eremenko just behind him, rather than when they were launching high balls towards him. Think we've seen that in his cameos the last few weeks, he fits in well with this system. But Roy is also very capable of doing a job and he has been unlucky not to have played more, plus he has continued to offer a threat coming off the bench late in games. Two really good options. 

Don't know what situation is with PJ but any kind of extended absence for him would be my biggest concern. Do worry that not getting cover there could be the one thing that comes back to haunt us.

Big game anyway against a team who we have often struggled against. Mon the Wasps. 

28 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

Well we are 16/1 to win today - as long as we play well in preparation for League 2 that’s all I can ask for really - also trying out the new Citizens Lounge today for a pre match drinky 

1 goal in 5 games (?) Up against it 

Good to see PJ is back fit and Wales is available. 

Last game at the Recs, Edinburgh looked a lot better than their league position would suggest. Deane was pretty good first half but faded a bit as game went on.

Would like to see us keep another clean sheet and help improve our goal difference, just in case it ends up coming down to that at end of the season.

Comfortable in the end though city often looked dangerous and ourdefence seemed easy to run through formost of the match. Several good stops by PJ. 

A good result but a strange performance and day out. It felt like watching a pre season game at Lornshill. I was quite impressed with the number 8 for Edinburgh, Sambou. I would take him at the recs next season.

Strange one. Started well and were opening City up with some more great football, got the early goal and looked capable of adding to it and getting it finished early. Conceded from City's first attack though and thereafter fell out it. Lot of credit to City for that, worked so hard and got in our faces and didn't let us play. They deserved the half time lead which I didn't think I'd have been saying 15 mins in and at that point it was looking like yet another frustrating day against City. 

We came out looking more fired up and the early penalty settled the nerves - would like to see it again though! Lovely header then from Taggs then to go 3-2 up and this time we did press home the advantage. Could have had more than 5 in the end. We'll need to play better the next few weeks but can't complain with the result and the effort. Well done lads! 

Once again plenty to admire about that young City team. Ran out of gas - and leadership from someone like Fontaine - but there are some good players there. Hope the club can regroup in League Two (and find a proper ground as a long term home). 

Edited by Waspie

It was always a case of the 3 points being there for the taking but have to give credit to Edinburgh for making it tough for long spells. Thankfully never have to go back to Meadowbank now.

We scored pretty much right away and were good early doors but seemed to get complacent. Thankfully our attitude was much better second half and quality showed in the end. A win at Kelty on Tuesday night would put us in a brilliant position as the league gets into the business end of the season.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

A first visit to this venue - for an Edinburgh City game anyway - and it was a bit surreal.

It was as though we thought "Job done" when we scored 5 minutes in, as we seemed to switch off and were so sloppy, outfought for most of the first half. Edinburgh deserved the half time lead, and could they have had a penalty in the first half as well? I had a terrible view of the incident admittedly, but it looked like we'd got away with one.

Thankfully we got the finger out in the second half but I still thought 5-2 was a bit flattering.

Edited by Sixtyten

didn't make the game today , but take that result any day ,watched the half time result and thought here we go again , good response

and another 3 points , 7 out of 8 wins , big game on tuesday and we can make some breathing space for the playoffs with a win 

well done Andy G and the players some run they are on .

4 hours ago, jacobsladder said:

Bye bye league One it was nice knowing you - hiya League 2 

Oh I just realised that City are relegated. And strangely, Liam Fontaine has announced his retirement today, I thought he had left the club at Christmas?

It's a pity that City have stopped communicating with the paying members over the last few months. I'm sticking in a few quid a month but wonder why I bother. 

6 hours ago, jacobsladder said:

Bye bye league One it was nice knowing you - hiya League 2 

Might get some competent referees in League 2.

Ah, wait a minute... 

Good job on the highlights, like the added graphics for goal scorers.

The little bit of play from Taggs, Kurtis, Scougs and Steven for the fourth goal was excellent.