Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

Just read their statement.  I think Rangers missed an opportunity to update us all on how many of their fans they have identified and banned as a result of the pyros last time they were at Dens.  After all, professionalism appears to important to Rangers.

Just now, The Master said:

There's never any guarantee that all MD33 fixtures will be played at the same time anyway.

No, but depending on results at the weekend, Hibs and Motherwell fans could potentially argue that Dundee have an advantage of knowing what result they require against us in order to ensure a top 6 place.

Alternatively, I would imagine if Dundee have already secured top 6, Celtic fans could argue they have nothing to play for when they meet us.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Just read their statement.  I think Rangers missed an opportunity to update us all on how many of their fans they have identified and banned as a result of the pyros last time they were at Dens.  After all, professionalism appears to important to Rangers.

Nahhhh

I used to think the Rangers board were absolutely scummy b*****ds that played up to the moronic and bigoted section of their support.

With each statement, they move much closer to confirming that they are in actual fact just part of the at least moronic section.

The entitlement is off the charts. The sad thing is. The SPFL might cow to them.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing some more "cheers, wee man is gutted" , "are dundee fc gonae refund me for my flights and hotel?" type crying posts. 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

No, but depending on results at the weekend, Hibs and Motherwell fans could potentially argue that Dundee have an advantage of knowing what result they require against us in order to ensure a top 6 place.

Alternatively, I would imagine if Dundee have already secured top 6, Celtic fans could argue they have nothing to play for when they meet us.

Everyone knows the stipulations with the games left. No one is getting taken by surprise here. You can't gain an advantage by playing a game in hand. Do Rangers have an advantage over Celtic right now because they have a game in hand? 

Edited by Pens_Dark

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

That's a bit crass. Surely Dundee if guaranteed Top 6 will have all to play for as they'll be looking for points to chase down St Mirren for 5th which could mean european football. 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Hibs or Motherwell fans.

Plenty to play for Dundee, 5th will get them Europe. 

They just can't grasp the fact that a burn runs down under dens road and when it pishes Doon it's floods ...I honestly don't think Dundee could do much apart from digging up dens road and rerouting the burn ☔🤣

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

Everyone knows the stipulations with the games left. No one is getting taken by surprise here. You can't gain an advantage by playing a game in hand. Do Rangers have an advantage over Celtic right now because they have a game in hand? 

No, but I think it could definitely impact on how Dundee play the match.

For example, say next Wednesday Dundee go into the game knowing that a point is enough to ensure top 6. The score is 1-1 with 10 minutes to go. With respect to Dundee, you'd imagine their tactics would be to shut up shop and look to protect the point they need rather than push for a winner.

If the game got played tonight, they wouldn't have that knowledge in order to influence their decision and would probably be more inclined to go forward when possible and risk getting caught out by Rangers because let's face it, it's harder for us to score against a packed defence than one that is coming out.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

This happens with a game being moved to Sunday (or Saturday lunchtime) for TV too.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

They're 4 points off Europe with a game in hand. 🤣

That's a fair point, for some reason I read St Mirren as being on 48 points rather than 43.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I think recent events have put an entirely different spin on those pyros though - maybe they were being used genuinely to signal for help by people stuck in the quagmire in the middle of the pitch, being slowly dragged under to their doom? 

image.gif