Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Guess I'm going to have to watch a champions league quarter final instead. What a shame.

Yeah, but which one will be better than this?

15 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Enjoying the Rangers' tears. However I recall the pitch at Dens was in a terrible state last season so this is clearly not a new issue. Why did Dundee not attempt to fix the underlying problem in the summer break?

I think the Council would have had something to say about a football club ripping up a busy street, rerouting a burn, and tampering with sewerage and drainage. 

I'm just a bit disappointed we didn't switch codes and become the first full-time professional water polo team in the SPFL Premiership.

1 minute ago, deadasdillinger said:

These diddies need fines or points deductions. Complete nonsense. The weather isn't to blame - there have been no similar issues at Tannadice.

Well that's not really all that much of a surprise, considering water from the Tannadice pitch does not drain on to Dens Road.

3 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

These diddies need fines or points deductions. Complete nonsense. The weather isn't to blame - there have been no similar issues at Tannadice.

Theres a street in Edinburgh (sure theres more than one) with a hidden burn running under one side of the street - and the tenements all have subsidence.

The other side, 20 yards across the road? None.

Its not always as simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well that's not really all that much of a surprise, considering water from the Tannadice pitch does not drain on to Dens Road.

The dafties can't seem to grasp that fact 

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

thats a nice big squad you have eh ? wouldnt have came cheap

Just now, Arab_R_us said:

thats a nice big squad you have eh ? wouldnt have came cheap

Is this seriously an attempt by a Dundee Utd fan to have a go about clubs throwing unsustainable amounts of money at their playing budget? 😆

25 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Enjoying the Rangers' tears. However I recall the pitch at Dens was in a terrible state last season so this is clearly not a new issue. Why did Dundee not attempt to fix the underlying problem in the summer break?

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/work-underway-on-new-pitch/

Looks more playable in the pre-season pic that it is now.