Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

5 minutes ago, mcjimbob_dfc said:

I’d present this is an inconvenient truth to the idea that Dundee have not invested anything on their pitch to prepare for this coming season… but there’s very little rationality around the entire subject so I doubt it matters.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/work-underway-on-new-pitch/

Plus I assume Tom English (even when challenged by a rare moment of sanity by Michael Stewart), the Motherwell manager and - with a rough guess that the daily statement from Ibrox is slavering that the rules that have been broken relate to a lack of maintenance 🤷‍♂️ - The Rangers, believe this definitely didn’t happen.

The rules don’t provide a minimum investment amount though. They just give the minimum standard the pitch and ground have to meet. Saying ‘but we invested a token amount’ to not meet the standard still means you haven’t met the standard. 

23 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Has there ever been a historical occasion where Dens Park has been so pivotal in a team losing a league title before?

Help me out #dees.

Celtic could have won the league in 82/83 had Dundee not lost their home match on the final day. I forget the rest of the details  

3 hours ago, bennett said:

What's the longest match thread on PnB,  this surely must be a contender by the time the game gets played. 

Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion last season was postponed so many times the match thread reached 49 pages which was certainly a league two record .....

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

I mean it might happen i guess

dundee6.jpg

Given your obsession with all matters Dundee FC I would have thought you’d realise that there has been amended plans for the stadium submitted since this image was created.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The game going ahead 3 miles away on a local park is more relevant IMO.GK0iKWYWEAAop7k.thumb.jpeg.229a31001997b3bfe9d699fa736d0bba.jpeg

Is it possible that the Riverside pitches, being nearest the river, have a more sandy based composition (and thereby drain easier) than a pitch on a hill 2-3 miles away?  I’m no expert on the matter, hence the reason I am asking yourself.

1 minute ago, WattersIsGod said:

Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion last season was postponed so many times the match thread reached 49 pages which was certainly a league two record .....

Best username on this thread imo.

1 hour ago, Mr Heliums said:

Absolutely admire the brass neck of a club that was sold for a pound to someone already banned as a company director, failed to submit its accounts and sold only 250 season tickets before spiralling into liquidation, criticising another club as 'unprofessional'.

That was a totally different club mate.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Given your obsession with all matters Dundee FC I would have thought you’d realise that there has been amended plans for the stadium submitted since this image was created.

Is it possible that the Riverside pitches, being nearest the river, have a more sandy based composition (and thereby drain easier) than a pitch on a hill 2-3 miles away?  I’m no expert on the matter, hence the reason I am asking yourself.

I’m just guessing here, but the referee deciding whether Riverside is playable may be working under less stringent conditions than a Premiership referee.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I think his obsession is just with being an utter gimp. 

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

Mandate plastic pitches 

Sorted, no complaints to be had

Livingston v Aberdeen postponed twice within a few weeks a couple of seasons ago.

17 minutes ago, Orbix said:

The rules don’t provide a minimum investment amount though. They just give the minimum standard the pitch and ground have to meet. Saying ‘but we invested a token amount’ to not meet the standard still means you haven’t met the standard. 

Fair enough. Do you know what the investment was? Does anyone have any details? Was a contractor charged with bringing it up to an “certain standard”? Is a full pitch being relaid a ”token gesture”? 

All I see is a repetition that nothing was spent, nothing at all. Which is clearly not true when the whole pitch was relaid at the very least as soon as last season ended. 

Who would know this, if not the “journalists” who, live on air, declared that not a penny has obviously been spent?

There’s a drainage problem, that’s clear and it’s been accepted by the club is needs addressed. It could be under the pitch, under the stand, on Dens Road… it doesn’t matter. There’s literally nothing the club can do mid-season when this became apparent. The club have said they will have it sorted which will presumably require the pitch to be entirely ripped up again.

Edited by mcjimbob_dfc

Surely it's time somebody launched legal action against the SPFL for admitting member clubs to the top flight whose standards of facilities fall short of SPFL requirements. Dundee's Texan owners have loads of money. I'm sure they could afford to do it.

Maybe if Dundee hadn’t flown so many South Americans over and ruined the environment when they won the lea……no sorry when they won the cu……sorry made the top 6 then this wouldn’t have happened.

Edited by Sortmeout

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well that's not really all that much of a surprise, considering water from the Tannadice pitch does not drain on to Dens Road.

All this pish about sewers, drains, burns etc that has become “fact”since somebody speculatively mentioned it in the build up to your match on Saturday… 🥱 

If it was true do you not think it might have been a problem before now? 

If it was true do you not think somebody from your club might have mentioned it by now given they’re now onto (checks notes) climate change as an excuse? Extremely localised climate change that doesn’t affect any other ground in Scotland obviously. I think they might have gone for the blocked drains first if that were in any way true. 

So far this season Dundee and their fans have blamed referees (are we still demanding the sacking of the guy who called off the Aberdeen game?), their groundstaff, the drains, the council, house building 20 yrs ago, climate change and f**k knows what else for games being called off. And yet I’ve never seen any Dundee fan on here mention chronic underinvestment in their facilities as a factor. 

Just now, Junior_Arab said:

All this pish about sewers, drains, burns etc that has become “fact”since somebody speculatively mentioned it in the build up to your match on Saturday… 🥱 

If it was true do you not think it might have been a problem before now? 

If it was true do you not think somebody from your club might have mentioned it by now given they’re now onto (checks notes) climate change as an excuse? Extremely localised climate change that doesn’t affect any other ground in Scotland obviously. I think they might have gone for the blocked drains first if that were in any way true. 

So far this season Dundee and their fans have blamed referees (are we still demanding the sacking of the guy who called off the Aberdeen game?), their groundstaff, the drains, the council, house building 20 yrs ago, climate change and f**k knows what else for games being called off. And yet I’ve never seen any Dundee fan on here mention chronic underinvestment in their facilities as a factor. 

What bit about the fact Tannadice isn't next to Dens Road are you disputing precisely?

1 minute ago, Junior_Arab said:

So far this season Dundee and their fans have blamed referees (are we still demanding the sacking of the guy who called off the Aberdeen game?)

David Munro?

Absofuckinglutely.

54 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Matchday #33 never finishes simultaneously.

Completely true - but they've usually had the decency to complete Matchday #32 first..