Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He blamed the pitch.

Yasssssssssss!

He's gone full Pedro.

1. It's the pitch.

2 They man-marked us.

3. It was a moral victory.

And I could go on.

20240418_065934.jpg

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He blamed the pitch.

Yasssssssssss!

I can't believe that Dundee had the gall, nay, temerity, to man mark Rangers players.

The b*****ds. Who do they think they are?

I suppose the writing was on the wall for Rangers with Clement’s pre match interview when he seemed pre-occupied with Dundee. He said that Dundee could play with freedom as they had a free hit at Rangers, and when he said that Dundee had painted the pitch green.

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

“We scored three goals against Celtic a week ago, and scored two goals on Sunday.” That’s ok then.

No Clement, you scored one penalty on Sunday and County scored your other goal for you.

9 hours ago, Molotov said:

Present for Clement:

IMG_2564.png.86ea17345334e75cd131a1620dda811f.png

It's a lovely gesture, but:

A. You've misunderstood what kind of pens they expect to be awarded, and

B. Even with the the Rangers, whilst they can be very, very late, in order to count they do still do have to be awarded before the final whistle is blown.

Philippe Clement insists Rangers "still have our fate in our hands"

Except that’s not true. Even if Rangers win all their games, if Celtic do likewise, bar one, they’ll be level on points. 

Rangers can’t control Celtic’s goal difference. 

Aye, some bizarre comments from Clement. I can only think (or rather hope) that he is trying to avoid being critical of the players so to avoid being seen as throwing them under the bus. I really hope he doesn’t believe we got the response we needed nor thinks that performance was controlled or dominant.

In trying to protect his players he’s just got us fans wondering whether he can see what is wrong with the side.

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, some bizarre comments from Clement. I can only think (or rather hope) that he is trying to avoid being critical of the players so to avoid being seen as throwing them under the bus. I really hope he doesn’t believe we got the response we needed nor thinks that performance was controlled or dominant.

In trying to protect his players he’s just got us fans wondering whether he can see what is wrong with the side.

Or he’s just like every other Diddy OF manager that projects composure when things are going well and petulantly crumples like a crisp packet when they fail to beat Diddy teams when it really matters. 

I think anyone with a functioning brain could understand Clement's post-match.

The players are on a bad run at a vital time, he sees no benefit in going after them as he needs a quick jump in moral. Get out there and say how well they played, give them a wee boost and project a bit of calm.

There's not a fucking prayer he believes what he said, and only the most credulous of observers could possibly think he does. Many Rangers fans will.

28 minutes ago, The Master said:

Ross County second in command Stevie Ferguson top left of the first pic.

Dear SFA, I wrote a statement you but you still ain't calling
I left my cell, my Twitter, and my insta at the bottom
I sent two statements back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or something
Sometimes I scribble my statements too sloppy when I jot 'em
but anyways; f**k it, what's been up? Man how's your Crawford Allan?

12 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think anyone with a functioning brain could understand Clement's post-match.

The players are on a bad run at a vital time, he sees no benefit in going after them as he needs a quick jump in moral. Get out there and say how well they played, give them a wee boost and project a bit of calm.

There's not a fucking prayer he believes what he said, and only the most credulous of observers could possibly think he does. Many Rangers fans will.

Pretty much what I believe, however I think there can be more of a balance. Instead of just giving the players a boost, he can also explain what he feels can be done better and give an idea as to how he might address it.