Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

12 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Will be off until next midweek, the whole of Scotland will moan like f**k and them two claim conspiracies.

Obviously I wasn't out there planting a boot on the pitch last Saturday but essentially it looked absolutely fine... you'd hope whatever temporary fixes Dundee have work again. If you could net on it, I reckon it'll get played Wednesday as planned.

Personally I wouldn't mind it being delayed a week if needs must but you imagine Motherwell (and Hibs obviously) would go tits about sporting integrity given forcing Dundee to play behind closed doors on Thursday, say, would suit us perfectly.

9 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Obviously I wasn't out there planting a boot on the pitch last Saturday but essentially it looked absolutely fine... you'd hope whatever temporary fixes Dundee have work again. If you could net on it, I reckon it'll get played Wednesday as planned.

Personally I wouldn't mind it being delayed a week if needs must but you imagine Motherwell (and Hibs obviously) would go tits about sporting integrity given forcing Dundee to play behind closed doors on Thursday, say, would suit us perfectly.

They’ve got a European game next week

It’s pishing Doon again just now , forecast to be on all day , gemme will be aff , sky and clement will go mental , hilarious stuff ahead , which will let go to bed early as I’m to sunny Spain for golf at 4am , 

If this gets pushed back to Thursday at Airdrie then we are going to end up in the same situation we were in in 2008.  I believe we had to play a Scottish cup quarter final on the Thursday and were due to play, ironically, Airdrie on the Saturday.  We requested it be moved to the Sunday but Airdrie refused I think because they’d sold hospitality etc.

We played our kids against Airdrie and then got fined for deliberately playing an under strength team (as if the 7-0 thumping wasn’t enough).  Can absolutely guarantee that would happen if we basically chuck the match against Rangers but only an idiot would play any of our first team when the game on Saturday is what’s really going to matter.

Edited by stu2910

57 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

It’s pishing Doon again just now , forecast to be on all day , gemme will be aff , sky and clement will go mental , hilarious stuff ahead , which will let go to bed early as I’m to sunny Spain for golf at 4am , 

And I've just landed in sunny Naples. 

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Can Dundee please announce the team as being 100% weans, igniting Celtic Twitter into a pure, unadulterated HEADSGONE, before calliing the match off 20 minutes prior to kick off, inflicting the same condition on the sticky buns?

That would be just smashing, cheers.

I'm 100% on board with this.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Can Dundee please announce the team as being 100% weans, igniting Celtic Twitter into a pure, unadulterated HEADSGONE, before calliing the match off 20 minutes prior to kick off, inflicting the same condition on the sticky buns?

That would be just smashing, cheers.

Close, but I think we need the match to start, only to be abandoned after 50 mins with Rangers somehow failing to beat the kids.  Heads gone for both sides as they try to work out whose been cheated more.

Forecast rain hasn't really materialised today, I guess it just depends how bad it is tomorrow afternoon after the covers come off (assuming they are down just now)?

I would love to hear Clement crying his eyes out if they drop points on an absolute glue pot of a pitch with Fabio Silva diving in the sand every thirty seconds.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

Forecast rain hasn't really materialised today, I guess it just depends how bad it is tomorrow afternoon after the covers come off (assuming they are down just now)?

I would love to hear Clement crying his eyes out if they drop points on an absolute glue pot of a pitch with Fabio Silva diving in the sand every thirty seconds.

The problem there is that a dry period is forecast then the forecast is for it to start to rain around 4pm tomorrow and through the night, just as the covers come off..... 

It'll go ahead no problem. The rain was powderpuff today and we did get a half decent couple of dry days.

See we are getting full commentary on 5live which will far exceed all the "Dindee" and "big, big game for the team from Ibrix" talk we'll endure on radio Scotland.

Sooner this game is over and done with, the better. 

No coverage about how well Dundee have done this season as a team and all about how this is an outrage because it affects the momentum of Rangers and everything they are doing. It's a circus that has gone beyond the point of embarrassing. 

The media and Rangers spent days after the postponement talking about how this does not paint Scottish football in a good light but, ironically, have done nothing but fucking whine and moan about it ever since.

All because poor old Rangers have suffered. Total minter.