Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

Lee Miller with a "things that didn't happen" story.

Dundee - BBC Sport

"I was at the first game of the season, Dundee against Motherwell up there," Miller told BBC's Scottish Football Podcast.

"I walked through the turnstiles and was told to keep my ticket because it was potentially going to be called off.

"And for the first game of the season, for a top-flight club, that's not acceptable. The Dundee pitch hasn't been good for years."

The pitch was perfectly fine the first game of the season.

I've not gone back to watch it again, but was that not the game there was a torrential downpour and the players were splashing about in puddles? Not that there was much wrong with the surface but, like Hampden with a similar downpour against Georgia, the drainage system wasn't able to cope.

On 22/04/2024 at 13:18, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Dundee - BBC Sport

Ha ha your kidding right ? The corner at the shankly was flooded , everytime the ball passed the half way line , the Robertson were on the pitch sweeping the excess water away , it was obvious from day one we were gonna have loads of trouble wee the pitch this season , 

Dundee - BBC Sport

Can remember similar happening for me, was told by the guy at the turnstile to keep a hold of my ticket. The pitch was far from 'fine' that day, the groundsmen spent the majority of the game on the corner of the park sweeping water off of it.

If you want to watch Bair's goal from that day it shows the opposite of what you say.

Dundee - BBC Sport

I was told the same.  The game was stopped at a corner to squeegee the water away.  Watch Motherwell’s goal, splish splash then feed the Bair.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, K.T said:

I really hope Dundee offer to let them use Dens for a month as it would be peak trolling

Funny idea, but no idea I would want those Neanderthal R Soles anywhere near Dens unless absolutely necessary...