St Johnstone vs Dundee - The Tayside Derby - 30/03/24

Very much done with this team and manager.

Mitovs mistake a poor one but Dundee randomly deciding to stop playing for the next 54 minutes gives us a chance. Instead we spend that entire time playing the exact same way and having absolutely no quality in creating chances. Fluke a goal from a total stramash, then spend the momentum gained there watching increasingly tired players stumble their away around the park. Then, as always, this leads to a lack of pressing and a conceded goal.

1-1 in a massive game with 30 minuted left, and you're playing an absolutely fucked Tony Gallagher, who's bravery on the ball peaks at passing down the line, on the left wing with Graham Carey sat on the bench.

Suddenly it's all guns blazing when it's too late.

A shitebag squad, managed by a shitebag manager, again. I'm now hoping for relegation to escape this misery in the belief that, even if it takes 5 years, we'll eventually see a St Johnstone side that's enjoyable to watch again.

Hard to say anything about Dundee considering they won that without putting much effort in at all.

Yeah, that win is down to Mitov more  than anything else. We didn't turn up and were completely there for the taking so it was an appreciated helping hand.

Why on earth did that St Johnstone “goal” go to full VAR check, never mind an on-field review? It was as clear a foul as you’ll see. 

Well done to the referee for sticking to his guns. But it’s worrying that Greg Aitken thought the goal should be given. 

Just now, The Master said:

Why on earth did that St Johnstone “goal” go to full VAR check, never mind an on-field review? It was as clear a foul as you’ll see. 

Well done to the referee for sticking to his guns. But it’s worrying that Greg Aitken thought the goal should be given. 

Because they had only had one long wait to check something in the match, and all games must have at least two 5 minute delays of watching the ref poke his ear.

I think the most depressing thing about that was saints were nowhere near the worst they've been this season. 

Probably deserved something from the game but the lack of cutting edge is painful. Every side coming to Mcdiarmid knows that they can let us have the ball and we're never going to do anything. 

Dundee are competent and I mean that as a compliment. It's half the battle in this league. 

12 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

I think the most depressing thing about that was saints were nowhere near the worst they've been this season. 

Probably deserved something from the game but the lack of cutting edge is painful. Every side coming to Mcdiarmid knows that they can let us have the ball and we're never going to do anything. 

Dundee are competent and I mean that as a compliment. It's half the battle in this league. 

We've had a habit of getting wins when it matters.

There wasn't much difference between the two teams today but we always have that little bit of quality in attack that Saints lack.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

The bit in the middle was decent but started slowly and shat the bed a bit in the period between the equaliser and Dundee going ahead.

Absolutely rotten at the end. So obvious to everybody in the stadium what’d happened - it’s the sort of incident you see every couple of games - and yet still I got my hopes up once they sent the ref to the monitor.  

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

There wasn't much difference between the two teams today

It only looks that way because you scored early and decided to play it safe, and as such ruined your own tempo, until we equalised. 

You've got 2 midfielders who score regularly, we had 3 on the park today who have about 3 goals between them all season. When you play 5-3-2 it makes a huge difference.

Shout out to the farmer with the fake Burberry shirt and equally fake teeth (assumed to be RG) for his second half dribbling meltdown in front of the glorious travelling Derry.  The grown man with the megaphone goading our young team that have an average age of 12 throughout, sign me up for all of it. If it’s available on a monthly basis, il subscribe. 

Thank you very much. 

St Johnstone looked much better than Aberdeen but they're just so dull and irrelevant which of course goes a long, long way.

Stinking from us for the majority of the second half but when you've got Lyall Cameron strutting about with a cigar the result is never really in doubt. 

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Very much done with this team and manager.

Mitovs mistake a poor one but Dundee randomly deciding to stop playing for the next 54 minutes gives us a chance. Instead we spend that entire time playing the exact same way and having absolutely no quality in creating chances. Fluke a goal from a total stramash, then spend the momentum gained there watching increasingly tired players stumble their away around the park. Then, as always, this leads to a lack of pressing and a conceded goal.

1-1 in a massive game with 30 minuted left, and you're playing an absolutely fucked Tony Gallagher, who's bravery on the ball peaks at passing down the line, on the left wing with Graham Carey sat on the bench.

Suddenly it's all guns blazing when it's too late.

A shitebag squad, managed by a shitebag manager, again. I'm now hoping for relegation to escape this misery in the belief that, even if it takes 5 years, we'll eventually see a St Johnstone side that's enjoyable to watch again.

Hard to say anything about Dundee considering they won that without putting much effort in at all.

CFrX09.gif.54c6de39cfbe2b5755d335c33b457da2.gif

On 18/03/2024 at 21:11, RandomGuy. said:

Win this and we go 5pts behind the Harlem Globetrotters.

Genuinely astounding to realise that, yet it's a fact.

Surely not as astounded as Scottish football fans everywhere would have been if that actually happened?  

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Surely not as astounded as Scottish football fans everywhere would have been if that actually happened?  

I’m sure he came away with the same patter in the last game and came away red faced…

Edited by Pens_Dark