Next Step(s)  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, HibsFan said:

For the defeatists out there, if Sweden can do it - why can't we?

Much as I want rid of it the difference is they're not installing it at all. We have a bunch of clowns that have forked out big (by our standards) money to put it in and their egos won't allow to them to take a financial hit as well as admit they were wrong. Prevention is always better than cure. 

Which aspects do you think are fixed costs which wouldn't be reversible savings? A massive chunk of the money is mostly paying for the extra officials, the cameras (which you'd surely happily keep anyway), the rental of office space in a business park on the outskirts of Glasgow. The only sunk cost is surely the video screens and the branding.

37 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Which aspects do you think are fixed costs which wouldn't be reversible savings? A massive chunk of the money is mostly paying for the extra officials, the cameras (which you'd surely happily keep anyway), the rental of office space in a business park on the outskirts of Glasgow. The only sunk cost is surely the video screens and the branding.

Would they have a contract for the offside “technology?”

Either way it needs binned.

I do not want to get rid of VAR. I would rather not go back to our fate being decided by cowardly officials giving incorrect decisions against us with impunity. The mere fact that Celtic and Rangers would love to bin it should tell you everything you need to know. Keep it but make it better and improve the standard of our shite officials.

3 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I do not want to get rid of VAR. I would rather not go back to our fate being decided by cowardly officials giving incorrect decisions against us with impunity. The mere fact that Celtic and Rangers would love to bin it should tell you everything you need to know. Keep it but make it better and improve the standard of our shite officials.

They genuinely think they're hard done by with decisions against them anyway, so no, that doesn't tell you anything. 20 decisions could go their way and when one goes against them, they think the officials are biased towards the diddy teams.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

They genuinely think they're hard done by with decisions against them anyway, so no, that doesn't tell you anything. 20 decisions could go their way and when one goes against them, they think the officials are biased towards the diddy teams.

They have had incidents overturned or turned in the other teams favour due to VAR that they would never have normally suffered. They hate it because it stops them getting as many things in their favour. Brendan Rodgers in particular hates that his team do not get as many favours as they used to. I much prefer what happens now compared to: 

Four players sent off at Ibrox mostly for f**k all

Andy Webster told he must have elbowed himself in the eye, not John Hartson

Dougie MacDonald sending off Webster and McCann at Rugby Park and Hartley in the 2006 cup final

Andy Davis awarding Kyriakos a penalty for diving

Barry Ferguson playing basketball

Ian Brines sending off Fyssas for a dive by Maloney in a New Year’s Day game vs Celtic

Allan McGregor kung-fu kicking Callum Elliot in the stomach

Kenny Miller effectively ending Kevin McHattie’s career at a decent level with a knee high challenge at the touchline

No thanks, I prefer when incompetence and bias are exposed and the officials made to look incompetent for their cowardice.

I particularly enjoyed the nationwide ridicule when Dermot Gallagher reviewed the incident where the Motherwell player kicked Boyce in the chest and he booked him for diving. The two studio guests and him on SKY pissing themselves laughing at the referee. The more exposure these p***ks get the better

Edited by Kyle Reese

What is wrong with just using it for line decisions (in/out, over/not over) and giving each dugout 3 challenges like tennis? You have to cite a specific player/incident to review and not just 'check that goal against us for crimes'. 

Fines for spurious challenges if necessary.

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

They have had incidents overturned or turned in the other teams favour due to VAR that they would never have normally suffered. They hate it because it stops them getting as many things in their favour. Brendan Rodgers in particular hates that his team do not get as many favours as they used to. I much prefer what happens now compared to: 

Four players sent off at Ibrox mostly for f**k all

Andy Webster told he must have elbowed himself in the eye, not John Hartson

Dougie MacDonald sending off Webster and McCann at Rugby Park and Hartley in the 2006 cup final

Andy Davis awarding Kyriakos a penalty for diving

Barry Ferguson playing basketball

Ian Brines sending off Fyssas for a dive by Maloney in a New Year’s Day game vs Celtic

Allan McGregor kung-fu kicking Callum Elliot in the stomach

Kenny Miller effectively ending Kevin McHattie’s career at a decent level with a knee high challenge at the touchline

No thanks, I prefer when incompetence and bias are exposed and the officials made to look incompetent for their cowardice.

I particularly enjoyed the nationwide ridicule when Dermot Gallagher reviewed the incident where the Motherwell player kicked Boyce in the chest and he booked him for diving. The two studio guests and him on SKY pissing themselves laughing at the referee. The more exposure these p***ks get the better

The old firm have felt hard done by for years.

A lad I used to work with still speaks about the odd incorrect decision from the 90s during their 9 in a row era.

If you want to look at it from the 'refs are biased' points of view, VAR gives them another chance to give them the decision they want.

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

The old firm have felt hard done by for years.

A lad I used to work with still speaks about the odd incorrect decision from the 90s during their 9 in a row era.

If you want to look at it from the 'refs are biased' points of view, VAR gives them another chance to give them the decision they want.

In my experience this has not been the case. We have had penalties against them that we would not have been awarded before, and the things I mentioned in my long post would have been overturned.

Honestly don’t know if people forget how bad it was previously, but maybe that varies from club supporter to club supporter. We have had the absolute knickers taken off us over the years at HMFC, and I prefer the way things are now.

I absolutely want to see the idiots running the show fired out a cannon in to mid-Atlantic, but I want the improved accuracy in verdicts to stay.

Just now, Kyle Reese said:

In my experience this has not been the case. We have had penalties against them that we would not have been awarded before, and the things I mentioned in my long post would have been overturned.

Honestly don’t know if people forget how bad it was previously, but maybe that varies from club supporter to club supporter. We have had the absolute knickers taken off us over the years at HMFC, and I prefer the way things are now.

I absolutely want to see the idiots running the show fired out a cannon in to mid-Atlantic, but I want the improved accuracy in verdicts to stay.

Not to be a dick, but do you attend games?

I've not spoken to one regular attendee who'd like to keep it. 

7 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Not to be a dick, but do you attend games?

I've not spoken to one regular attendee who'd like to keep it. 

I started going to all home games and most away as a seven year old in 1986.

I have been a season book holder (unbroken) since 1996.

I still go to the away games that I can, and I never miss a cup game.

I do get the whole thing about celebrating a goal, and then waiting on VAR to overrule it, but I can live with that. Far better to just improve the refereeing standard, and to eliminate so many utterly ridiculous decisions like the ones I mentioned in my long post. That frustration was unbearable.

Edited by Kyle Reese

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

That’s just some of the big incidents off the top of my head too. All the offside goals or undeserved penalties over the years. Nope much prefer this way.

How many penalties have Sevco had this season?