Next Step(s)  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's because you're clearly an absolute nut who's obsessed by the Old Firm.

The rest of us are watching games and not constantly thinking about decisions against us in games v Rangers in the 90s, I'm afraid. Whereas you seem to look at the worst possible decisions from 30 years ago and compare everything against that as if it was happening constantly in every game.

Imagine a massive must win match at home. Fans are right behind the team and your player, who's suffered serious issues personally that have you rooting for him, scores from 25 yards to put you ahead. Then you have a 5 minute delay, with the goal ruled out, and nobody has a clue why until you go home and see this.

I'm not even exaggerating about the 5 minutes.

imagine this against Hearts?

Oh wait, there is a shite decision against Hearts. Lucky you've got VAR though to prevent it happening v the OF

Not to mention the VAR awarded penalty FOR Hearts v Celtic at Tynecastle that was never a penalty, the award of a penalty FOR Hearts v Hibs at Tynecastle where Kevin Clancy awarded it in real time only for VAR to say take another look and him still stick by his decision. 

But yeah all the decisions go against Hearts. 

@Kyle Reese you say you're in your 40's, grow up and let go of the paranoia. It's not good for you

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's because you're clearly an absolute nut who's obsessed by the Old Firm.

The rest of us are watching games and not constantly thinking about decisions against us in games v Rangers in the 90s, I'm afraid. Whereas you seem to look at the worst possible decisions from 30 years ago and compare everything against that as if it was happening constantly in every game.

Imagine a massive must win match at home. Fans are right behind the team and your player, who's suffered serious issues personally that have you rooting for him, scores from 25 yards to put you ahead. Then you have a 5 minute delay, with the goal ruled out, and nobody has a clue why until you go home and see this.

I'm not even exaggerating about the 5 minutes.

imagine this against Hearts?

Oh wait, there is a shite decision against Hearts. Lucky you've got VAR though to prevent it happening v the OF

Hahaha. I am a nut job for not being happy about the shit decisions that affected my team pre VAR but those whining about decisions post VAR are quite sensible. Okay mate. 😄

5 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Not to mention the VAR awarded penalty FOR Hearts v Celtic at Tynecastle that was never a penalty, the award of a penalty FOR Hearts v Hibs at Tynecastle where Kevin Clancy awarded it in real time only for VAR to say take another look and him still stick by his decision. 

But yeah all the decisions go against Hearts. 

@Kyle Reese you say you're in your 40's, grow up and let go of the paranoia. It's not good for you

It’s paranoid to not like things like the Kyriakos dive, but it’s balanced and normal to have a campaign to get rid of VAR because you feel cheated by it? The mental gymnastics involved in that is fantastic. :lol: 

Listening to Doncaster being asked about VAR on Sportsound right now. He has said that accuracy of decision making is up to nearly 100%. So does that mean that the people who want rid of it, on the grounds of feeling cheated by it, are paranoid?

For me, I would always want to err on the side of accuracy. Let’s get better at using it, and it would then mean people would no longer go through this hypochondriac “it’s ruining my enjoyment of the game” whining.

23 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Listening to Doncaster being asked about VAR on Sportsound right now. He has said that accuracy of decision making is up to nearly 100%. So does that mean that the people who want rid of it, on the grounds of feeling cheated by it, are paranoid?

It means he's a slavering c**t mate.

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

For me, I would always want to err on the side of accuracy. Let’s get better at using it, and it would then mean people would no longer go through this hypochondriac “it’s ruining my enjoyment of the game” whining.

I don’t know anyone who wants rid of it because they ‘feel cheated.’
They want rid of it cos it’s fucking shite and has ruined the match going experience and ability to ability to properly celebrate goals. 

21 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

Many of us attend the football for the moments you remember and talk about for years to come. Celebrating a last minute winner for example. So for us VAR very much is the problem as there is now always that doubt about whether the goal will stand.

11 minutes ago, dezz said:

I don’t know anyone who wants rid of it because they ‘feel cheated.’
They want rid of it cos it’s fucking shite and has ruined the match going experience and ability to ability to properly celebrate goals. 

I don't attend Premiership games but from watching games with VAR on TV (both here and elsewhere) it still seems like fans can properly celebrate goals. Aberdeen fans didn't seem to have a problem celebrating their last minute equaliser in the cup semi. 

22 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Well there you have it. I have laid out my reasons and backed them up with recorded incidents. I have stated reasons why I hold the position I do. 

I take it from the post that I am replying to, that you did not get cheated as often as my team pre-VAR? That in itself just strengthens my resolve tbh.

My position is that I would like to see the technology properly implemented to ensure more correct decisions than what we had to endure before its introduction. Also, pertinently, I want to see referees chosen on merit, and not because they scuttled through Strathclyde associations. 

My club has not been cheated as much (we have still been cheated) as before VAR was introduced. For that reason I want to see it improved. It is human error that is causing the issues, not the technology. Let’s see us sort out the real problem.

You sound like a 5 year-old when you start thinking every bad decision made is the result of cheating, which is probably why nobody else is engaging.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

I don't attend Premiership games but from watching games with VAR on TV (both here and elsewhere) it still seems like fans can properly celebrate goals. Aberdeen fans didn't seem to have a problem celebrating their last minute equaliser in the cup semi. 

Some people might still celebrate goals, but it is absolutely the case that a decent people don't do so with the same gusto when they're worried about a foul in the build up. I could list several this season which I have held back a bit because I've been worried about a foul or offside - our equaliser at Celtic Park perhaps being the biggest. The goal above didn't have any potential incidents in the build up which made it less of a worry.

I can understand that people sitting at home with no vested interested in a game might see it differently, but they should never be the priority.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

I've not celebrated a goal from a set play in over a year.

On 03/05/2024 at 18:10, Kyle Reese said:

Fair few red dots on this post of mine. Can the folk who did so actually explain what it is about the content of the post that prompted it? If it is just purely disagreement, then quote it and say why.

I red dotted this just because it seems to annoy you.  If you look at whose has red dotted your post and read this thread then it doesn't need a genius to work it out.

Anyone who had the misfortune to watch the first 20 minutes of today’s Rangers v Kilmarnock game, and still doesn’t want rid of the VAR system, will never be convinced. Absolutely toe curling stuff from the VAR officials wherever they were.

On 04/05/2024 at 16:07, Ginaro said:

I don't attend Premiership games

And this is exactly the issue - I'm afraid you have to live with it and spend a season (and your season ticket money) being ground down by it to get it. It's not something that comes over on TV.

Last minute goals in a classic game like that Semi-final are about as unrepresentative an example as you can get. As something more down to earth - I was at a run of the mill end of season game against Livi yesterday and it took just under 5 minutes to decide on a penalty kick (and it was probably 7 minutes from the "handball" until the goal was scored overall)  - to the point that folk were booing even though it was in our favour. It was weird that there was then a really muted cheer when it was finally given - and I had pretty much lost interest by that point.

The problem with VAR is not necessarily the big headline stuff - it's the sheer fucking monotony of constant interruptions/pauses and the uncertainty of what's actually going on when you're in the ground.

Lastly - I don't think VAR has done anything *at all* to change the balance of decisions that teams get - stuff still goes for and against you in exactly the same way as it did in the past - but the path to get there is so much worse.