Zero clue about how reliable this is, nor anything about the player, but the article calls him a striker.

Posted (edited)

Interesting if true. I tested the accounts predictions for the most recent January transfer window. In terms of percentages definitely over 50% of the predictions happened, probably over 60% and maybe as much as 70%.

That tells me this guy is getting good information, probably higher than his success rate and is getting into the right areas even if all the deals weren't all completed.  I'd say Scotland have probably made some kind of enquiry/contact. 

Edited by 2426255

7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I know Dykes is complete pony but even he's better than a Lincoln City, 5' 7", Welsh reject.

Nine goals and three assists in fifteen suggests he will most likely be playing in the championship next season… 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I would guess this is purely about making enquiries for the future, or maybe even for an under 21 call-up, rather than as a potential member of the Euros squad.

Aye this. Not sure what the official cut off date/age is for the under 21 campaign but I suspect its for that. No issues with a regular league one starter for that level.

His strike partner (Ben House) in my opinion is one to watch. He has been tipped for a move in the summer with a few bigger clubs sniffing about.  He has played for Scotland at youth level, now is 24. Proper hard working type strong forward that links midfield. Worrying amount of injuries for a young lad though.

QPR are absolutely skint btw, they'll not be upgrading anyone.

Dykes signed a decent new contract about a year ago (to much supporter acclaim interestingly enough)

I can't see anyone wanting to stump up the cash for him either.

Be very surprised to see Dykes anywhere but QPR next year all things considered 

Edited by MarkoRaj

Interesting to note that, for all the talk of our strikers being out of form, Ché Adams has a better goals per 90 mins scoring rate in the Championship, at 0.60, than the league’s top scorer, Blackburn’s Sammie Szmodics (0.59). If Adams hadn’t been unsettled, constantly linked with a move away from Southampton, and in and out of the team for much of the season, it’s reasonable to assume that he would have had a reasonably prolific campaign.

Championship top scorers

On 10/04/2024 at 10:55, Skyline Drifter said:

He had one of his better games with even most of his detractors in the QPR support conceding so going by online posts. He created their goal. Whilst they are frustrated by his lack of goals, general opinion is that they play better when he's the starter from their three centre forward options, none of whom are regular scorers.

Had a wee look at the comments after the game today. Id say that is definitely not the general opinion.

The general opinion of qpr fans from my research is they think he's absolutely useless.

Not checked these facts but its quite startling reading.

"Lyndon Dykes has scored 1 goal in his last 53 away games for #QPR (vs WBA in April 2023)."

"Since the start of last season QPR's #9 Lyndon Dykes has scored as many goals away from Loftus Road for QPR as Seny Dieng (1).

Dieng is not only a goalkeeper, he also left QPR last summer 🤦‍♂️"

Think we need to face the facts that he's just not a very good player.

23 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Think we need to face the facts that he's just not a very good player.

He was never brilliant but he was a lot better than he is now. It seems like he is shot - putting him on the pitch in Germany would humiliate him. If his form picks up next season then he should still be considered, but it looks like that will be for a League  1 or 2 club unfortunately.

32 minutes ago, immcinto said:

He was never brilliant but he was a lot better than he is now. It seems like he is shot - putting him on the pitch in Germany would humiliate him. If his form picks up next season then he should still be considered, but it looks like that will be for a League  1 or 2 club unfortunately.

Yeah he's went backward for whatever reason, perhaps just not cut out for that level 😏

When he first came into the squad he was full of confidence and despite his limitations he was making the most of himself.

Posted (edited)

Lyndon Dykes is fine. Does a good job for the team and played an important part in qualification. It's too narrow a viewpoint to just measure his contribution by goals scored.

It's the same as measuring a midfielder by the number of passes they make or defenders by the number of tackles. It's too reductive.

Edited by 2426255

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Lyndon Dykes is fine. Does a good job for the team and played an important part in qualification. It's too narrow a viewpoint to just measure his contribution by goals scored. 

He is a very average and limited player who joined the national team at the right time. He's had some good moments but we should not be relying on him at the euros. It's got to be adams starting based on form 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

He is a very average and limited player who joined the national team at the right time. He's had some good moments but we should not be relying on him at the euros. It's got to be adams starting based on form 

Not sure the decision on who starts against Germany will be decided by club goal-scoring 'form'. That'll be your mistake, it'll be other factors.

Isn't Che Adams 'oot eh form' for Scotland anyway? He hasn't scored for Scotland in our last 16 matches (since Armenia in 2022). That's quite a drought, coming up for 2 years. 😂 These kind of arguments are the bottom of the barrel. 

Edited by 2426255

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Not sure the decision on who starts against Germany will be decided by club goal-scoring 'form'. That'll be your mistake, it'll be other factors.

Isn't Che Adams 'oot eh form' for Scotland anyway? He hasn't scored for Scotland in our last 16 matches (since Armenia in 2022). That's quite a drought, coming up for 2 years. 😂 These kind of arguments are the bottom of the barrel. 

I actually buy your underlying point. Why cheapen it with a silly little emoji and a personal dig? The stoic mask is quite slippy, it seems

Edited by Gordopolis

5 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I actually buy your underlying point. Why cheapen it with a silly little emoji and a personal dig? The stoic mask is quite slippy, it seems

Both the emoji and the comment following it were partly included to make it clear that it's not an argument I'm presenting seriously and partly a dig. I could rewrite it to something less aggressive like this if you prefer:

I don't believe in this line of thinking myself, but if I did then I'd argue Che Adams is 'out of form' for Scotland. He hasn't scored for Scotland in our last sixteen matches (since Armenia in 2022). That's coming up for two years without a goal.

6 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I do also, there's a balance to be drawn which is up to the manager to decide (and us to debate). But to think club form is not at all relevant is blinkered and blatantly incorrect. Also quite boring.

How else would new players be brought into the team/squad which he has done. Why is Shankland getting a chance? Club form.

9 hours ago, 2426255 said:

It's the same as measuring a midfielder by the number of passes they make or defenders by the number of tackles. It's too reductive.

It is too reductive. That's why Che Adams is still considered good enough. His other contributions still add to the team. 

Dykes is providing nothing these days, and hasn't done for more than a year at a relatively low level. There is something wrong. Hopefully the NI friendly helped Clarke to make the tough call that is required. 

Apparently Ross Stewart will be back in time for the playoffs although that is maybe wishful thinking

45 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

How else would new players be brought into the team/squad which he has done. 

It depends what the manager's looking for in a player. Dykes wasn't brought to Scotland to be a prolific goal scorer. To judge him by that metric is unfair.  Shankland's goal scoring at club level played a part in him being called up, but injuries to other players (Stewart, Nisbet, Brown) also played a part as well as other improvements in his game. 

Once you're established, you're established. The loyalty system. Players who're established team members only fall out if someone significantly better becomes available (O'Donnell), they've done something wrong (Fraser), they retire (Marshall) or if they stop performing. The latter is the argument against Dykes. In my view if you want him out of the team you need to back it up with something other than goals scored as it's not his primary role in the team.   

I can't remember a core team member being dropped because he's 'out of form' at club level, probably the opposite. Clarke tends to support them during their difficult spells.