Dykes is in form now he's got his goal. Adams didn't score so his confidence will have suffered, he's out of form one might say. Let's see how Shankland does tomorrow, but as it stands Dykes is showing he wants it more, is the man in form and deserve to start against Germany.

2 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Dykes just scored v Preston (on sky)  However it was following a horrendous error by terrible ex Aberdeen and Killie goalie, Freddie Woodman.  In fact both goalies are ex-Killie - Bachman in goals for QPR

Begovic in goals for QPR, Bachman played for Watford, played just the once for Ross County the rest is history...😂😂

5 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Dykes just scored v Preston (on sky)  However it was following a horrendous error by terrible ex Aberdeen and Killie goalie, Freddie Woodman.  In fact both goalies are ex-Killie - Bachman in goals for QPR

Did he move from Watford during the game?

Begovic be disappointed to lose his place. 

On 20/04/2024 at 19:57, 2426255 said:

Dykes is in form now he's got his goal. Adams didn't score so his confidence will have suffered, he's out of form one might say. Let's see how Shankland does tomorrow, but as it stands Dykes is showing he wants it more, is the man in form and deserve to start against Germany.

This patter is dire. Maybe if you keep at it tho people will come round to it and give you the praise and attention you seek 

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

This patter is dire. Maybe if you keep at it tho people will come round to it and give you the praise and attention you seek 

The guy is an attention seeker whore.

Probably has no job by the amount of time he spends on here making his wee spreadsheets 😂

5 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I didn't think Shankland had a great game from the bits that I saw.

Was looking at Lewis Morgans stats earlier - (20 goals in 44 appearances in the MLS for New York) and it got me thinking of Johnny Russell who I think was doing some mental numbers over there in the run up to last Euros but of course didn't get a look in.

Hoping one of the stats guys can help, has Steve Clarke ever called up a player from the MLS? I think Russell and Morgans last caps were maybe just before we appointed Clarke and Gaulds last call up was when he was in Portugal (again pre-Clarke)

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Was looking at Lewis Morgans stats earlier - (20 goals in 44 appearances in the MLS for New York) and it got me thinking of Johnny Russell who I think was doing some mental numbers over there in the run up to last Euros but of course didn't get a look in.

Hoping one of the stats guys can help, has Steve Clarke ever called up a player from the MLS? I think Russell and Morgans last caps were maybe just before we appointed Clarke and Gaulds last call up was when he was in Portugal (again pre-Clarke)

Russell and Morgan were in Steve Clarke's first squad. Russell was playing in the MLS, Lewis Morgan was at Sunderland (maybe on loan from Celtic).

AFAIK Johnny Russell is the only player to have been called up by Clarke whilst playing in the MLS.

Edited by 2426255

52 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Russell scored 16 goals in MLS in the 2021 season, but all of them were from July onwards. Prior to the Euros squad being announced he hadn't scored a goal in 8 months (albeit much of this was the close season and I think he may have been injured right at the start of the season).

Edited by craigkillie

11 hours ago, eez-eh said:

If him being dropped for one game meant he was out of the picture, scoring twice in a row must mean he’s on fucking fire.

Spot on, the boy's on fire. He was out of form, but on the turn of a coin he's now the man in form.

giphy.gif

1. Goals. Confidence. Man in form. 
  2. Fox in the box. Needs to start against Germany. Let's get this clamor started. 
  3. Get him capped, call him up, tie the boy down - let's see what he can do in the friendlies. Big Daddy Dykes. Goals, Goals, Goals, hungry for goals. 🔥⚽

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Spot on, the boy's on fire. He was out of form, but on the turn of a coin he's now the man in form.

giphy.gif

1. Goals. Confidence. Man in form. 
  2. Fox in the box. Needs to start against Germany. Let's get this clamor started. 
  3. Get him capped, call him up, tie the boy down - let's see what he can do in the friendlies. Big Daddy Dykes. Goals, Goals, Goals, hungry for goals. 🔥⚽

This patter is still atrocious

In fairness to Dykes - sometimes the manager in charge makes all the difference. I watched them under Gareth Ainsworth and it was the worst football I've ever seen in my life.

Amazing what confidence can do when backed by some half decent approach play