Are the Media Against Your Team?

I'm writing my dissertation on whether Scottish football media should be allowed to be biased or not and would appreciate it if you could take five minutes to fill out this survey. 

I'm trying to get as wide a range of fans from different clubs and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject, cheers.

CLICK HERE to take the survey.

https://qualtricsxmxpcb8gqsr.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0izk2lDIKF8JYJ8 

30 minutes ago, Darren Adams said:

I'm writing my dissertation on whether Scottish football media should be allowed to be biased or not and would appreciate it if you could take five minutes to fill out this survey. 

I'm trying to get as wide a range of fans from different clubs and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject, cheers.

CLICK HERE to take the survey.

https://qualtricsxmxpcb8gqsr.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0izk2lDIKF8JYJ8 

Whether Scottish football media should be allowed to be biased?

Our local media love to put the boot in when the opportunity presents itself and there are a few DABs and St Johnstone fans in prominent positions at DCT and if you read our own club forums, they'd have you believe they are out to get us but the answer is no. They might give a slight wee dig now and then but nothing out of the ordinary from shite local papers tbh. This survey feels very OF orientated as they can be the only two fanbases that are genuinely paranoid enough to think the media is genuinely against them. 

Therefore I'll pass on the survey.

Anyone who thinks the papers have an "agenda" beyond selling papers (when it comes to sport) is an idiot. Same goes with podcasts, radio, tv, whatever.

All they want is your attention or money. If you're getting all worked up about bias, you're missing the point.

Anyway, it's fitba. Everyone's fucking biased.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our local media love to put the boot in when the opportunity presents itself and there are a few DABs and St Johnstone fans in prominent positions at DCT and if you read our own club forums, they'd have you believe they are out to get us but the answer is no. They might give a slight wee dig now and then but nothing out of the ordinary from shite local papers tbh. This survey feels very OF orientated as they can be the only two fanbases that are genuinely paranoid enough to think the media is genuinely against them. 

The survey does come from the OF side of things as they're the two clubs that seem pedal that narrative the most. Regardless, thanks for your reply. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Tully and Courier are no too bad, but its clear the Beano had always had a raging hatred for Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

No. Journalists should not be bias nor push an agenda.

Tell that to Pat Bonner

4 hours ago, Darren Adams said:

The survey does come from the OF side of things as they're the two clubs that seem pedal that narrative the most. Regardless, thanks for your reply. 

So your own survey is biased in favour of Celtic and Rangers.

It's peddle, by the way.

Not really nowadays. However in the 90s Fergus McCann (rightly) moved the media out what were the press boxes high above in the old stand right over the pitch. His reasoning was why do they get they get the best seats in the house when they don't pay a penny. From that point onwards they were a bit pissed off at a time Murray was dishing out the succulent lamb and lifts in his private jet. 

Edited by gannonball

Detailed statistical analysis of the media presentation of my team’s results by the sinister central belt cabal makes interesting reading. There is an undeniable bias in favour of reporting our losses in the league, with the MSM recording an incredible 200% more loss reports than win reports. Sickening.

Scottish media are obviously extremely biased against Livingston since they have only reported about them winning in the league 3 times (10% of games played) this season.