Morton Vs Pars - 23/03/2024

How I believe we should line up today, with the strict instruction that balls go wide and are not just lumped at Muirhead for the 4th or 5th game in a row! Both Bearne and Garrity made a positive impact on the game last week and deserve the chance to start, and Blues moves back inside to give us a bit more energy in there. More importantly, he isn't Tyler French.

Do I expect to see this lineup? No, probably not.

lineup.png.57b7ac3d41fd2e37882c2a8e1bb15d4a.png

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Great memories of the day we won the league in 2010/11. Roasting hot day in the WDE.

Looking similar this afternoon too. 

We were at Cappielow for a league opener potentially? Or certainly a game near the start of the season where it was a scorcher aswell. 

It's an aesthetically pleasing stadium when the sun is shining. 

5 minutes ago, #Gary said:

O'Connor drops to the bench... Broadfoot stays in. Shambles.

At least we've got gorgeous George back up top! 

Broadfoot has been good in his appearances of late. O'Connor has had a few moments without being poor.

Oakley back is tremendous, but he will be lacking match fitness. Get a good 60 minutes out of him and it could make all the difference

Broadfoot gifted Hearts their winner then had an absolute stinker at Firhill.

Our best CB pairing is clearly O'Connor and Baird, proven over two seasons.

Don't have a problem with Broadfoot generally but when the other 2 are fit and available he simply shouldn't be playing.

Oakley back and 11 players in their best positions. Ton win now expected.

Mcgrattan and Broadfoot the only two who possibly wouldn’t be in my team today but both are capable of performing as required. Looking forward to this.  

4 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Broadfoot gifted Hearts their winner then had an absolute stinker at Firhill.

Our best CB pairing is clearly O'Connor and Baird, proven over two seasons.

Don't have a problem with Broadfoot generally but when the other 2 are fit and available he simply shouldn't be playing.

Broadfoot didn’t gift hearts their goal. And he certainly didn’t have a stinker at Firhill. Seems like by including both of those falsities that you do in fact have a problem with him. 

I’d have O’Connor in too but Broadfoot’s distribution is far superior so at least Oakley should have more to work with with him in the side. 

Wary of getting carried away about how much we'll improve with Oakley back when he's probably not fully fit and more to the point he's just one player, but more confident than I would have been without him.

Results in upcoming weeks can obviously change things with how much form can swing in this league and especially with how streaky we are, but this game won't be far off defining if the rest of our season is spent looking at 4th or 9th.

Even if Oakley isn't up to speed, having someone better to aim at will hopefully be enough to bring others up a level.

Jai on the bench so we have something to change it to is also welcome.

I get that it's a rule not often punished, but the Morton goalkeeper had a hold of the ball for 20 seconds there. 

Absolutely dreadful challenge from Crawford there.