Open Goal Podcast

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

If it’s found that the entire VFTT cast are into wrestling, they should be immediately taken off the air IMO. 

Is this sort of thing covered by the Freedom of Information act? I think we have a right to know.

25 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

Only Comment i can remember from fowler about open goal was when he said about Kyle "Never meet your heroes" or something like that. dont think he approves.

He would want their subscribers thou

That was in response to him ripping into us on Twitter as the final show of series 1 aired. He (presumably after being advised by the Open Goal hierarchy) quickly deleted the tweet.

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Can you tell us if everyone on the Terrace likes wrestling or not? 

Of course not. I think it's only two of us out of 15. I shall refrain from naming them. It's their burden to carry.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Can you tell us if everyone on the Terrace likes wrestling or not? 

100% that's Wrestling fan 😀 Prob likes Simpsons memes too

tel.jpg

Edited by Arab_R_us

6 minutes ago, CraigFowler said:

That was in response to him ripping into us on Twitter as the final show of series 1 aired. He (presumably after being advised by the Open Goal hierarchy) quickly deleted the tweet.

I thought i remembered that. I have a feeling both shows tread a very careful line with each other, whats said in private well I can only imagine 😀 lets just say very different people.

I can see a remake of West Side Story coming. 

Instead of Sharks v Jets it's Open Goal v The Terrace. 

Sold out Hydro multiple nights as Ferrie and Fowler reprise the roles of Riff and Bernardo. 

Or maybe not. 

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

Woke

•  
  •  
When this term became popularized, initially the meaning of this term was when an individual become more aware of the social injustice. Or basically, any current affairs related like biased, discrimination, or double-standards.

However, as time passed by, people started using this term recklessly, assigning this term to themselves or someone they know to boost their confidence and reassure them that they have the moral high grounds and are fighting for the better world. And sometimes even using it as a way to protect themselves from other people's opinion, by considering the 'outsider' as non-woke. While people that are in line with their belief as woke. Meaning that those 'outsiders' have been brainwash by the society and couldn't see the truth. Thus, filtering everything that the 'outsider' gives regardless whether it is rationale or not.

And as of now, the original meaning is slowly fading and instead, is used more often to term someone as hypocritical and think they are the 'enlightened' despite the fact that they are extremely close-minded and are unable to accept other people's criticism or different perspective. Especially considering the existence of echo chamber(media) that helped them to find other like-minded individuals, thus, further solidifying their 'progressive' opinion.

and might say something like

"And thus, it follows logically that anyone who uses "woke" in an attempt to slander, is a fucking idiot/probable Tory, and that they, and their favoured choice of podcast should be ignored by right thinking society. "

Bringing American culture wars into a Scottish football forum.

You do you champ!

8 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

I can see a remake of West Side Story coming. 

Instead of Sharks v Jets it's Open Goal v The Terrace. 

Sold out Hydro multiple nights as Ferrie and Fowler reprise the roles of Riff and Bernardo. 

Or maybe not. 

Musicals? spoken like a true Terrace/P&B Fan 😀

What about a charity boxing night ?  I know who my money would be on.

1 minute ago, Arab_R_us said:

Sorry, you've ceased to be entertaining . Now away and jump into your white van, throw your copy of The S*n into the back seats and skeddaddle. 

5 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

McGuigan is like a Praying Mantis. He smacks Slane out in a round or 2 easy.

I never graduated university but like wrestling, The Simpsons (including memes) and have facial hair.

I like AVFTT on TV although have never listened to the podcast. I have never seen or heard any of Open Goal.

Does my lack of university qualifications leave me in some sort of no man's land here?

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I never graduated university but like wrestling, The Simpsons (including memes) and have facial hair.

I like AVFTT on TV although have never listened to the podcast. I have never seen or heard any of Open Goal.

Does my lack of university qualifications leave me in some sort of no man's land here?

51 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You need to get there to be there mate. That's more than most people manage.

I therefore declare you an honorary degree holder.

2 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

Woke

•  
And as of now, the original meaning is slowly fading and instead, is used more often to term someone as hypocritical and think they are the 'enlightened' despite the fact that they are extremely close-minded and are unable to accept other people's criticism or different perspective. Especially considering the existence of echo chamber(media) that helped them to find other like-minded individuals, thus, further solidifying their 'progressive' opinion.

While I disagree with this entirely (not being accepting of racism or homophobia is hardly being "closed minded" I would say), the truly most bizarre aspect of this argument is the idea that the "media" is some sort of progressive woke echo-chamber which comprises only The Guardian and its ilk. This is the same media which includes The Mail, The Express, the Telegraph, The Sun, GB News, The Spectator etc.., none of which I have ever thought of as woke.   

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

100% that's Wrestling fan 😀 Prob likes Simpsons memes too

tel.jpg

You’d best not look at Telfer’s Instagram story’s on a Friday evening if you are not a fan of Simpsons memes 

In terms of the adult population, two out of fifteen is far too high a number for me - unfortunately, it can only lead me to reconsidering my Patreon membership. 

On the other hand, would I rather listen to a grown adult talk about wrestling or Kevin Kyle talk about anything… 

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Is this sort of thing covered by the Freedom of Information act? I think we have a right to know.

2 hours ago, CraigFowler said:

Of course not. I think it's only two of us out of 15. I shall refrain from naming them. It's their burden to carry.

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I listen to both OpenGoal and The Terrace and enjoy doing so. You know what you're getting from each podcast as well and it's just a part of my week.

I don't listen to either. I've  cancelled you out.