Open Goal Podcast

• 1 month later...

These lads had a show at the Hydro last night. Looked like a pretty big crowd but apparently it wasn't the best.

Screenshot_20240525_084652_Reddit.thumb.jpg.214a57b668725ef04e9e8e75690416bb.jpg

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

These lads had a show at the Hydro last night. Looked like a pretty big crowd but apparently it wasn't the best.

Screenshot_20240525_084652_Reddit.thumb.jpg.214a57b668725ef04e9e8e75690416bb.jpg

And people payed to actually listen to that shite.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I went last night. I had barely listened to Open goal previously, so my own fault for going.

Didn't know it the banter levels would be more suited to 14 year olds. Load of shite about pubs, dicks, ginger pubes, fat folk, more pubes.  Inane crap. It was Beavis and Butthead type stuff. Place was full of neds puking and pishing anywhere It was genuinely awful.

It was meant to be a Scotland send off but they kept going on about the Arse cheeks. Strachan was the the best  guest and funnier than the lobotomised presenters on the stage. Last 10 minutes was more what I thought the night would've been like, which was Scotland going to the Euros. Total con billing it as a big send off for Scotland.

Saw loads of folk leaving early. I can safely say i will never listen to or attend anything to do with Open goal again.

Do you mind me asking how much the  tickets were - from most expensive to cheapest?

If the proceeds (after subtracting venue overheads) are all going to charity then fair fcuks.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

I went last night. I had barely listened to Open goal previously, so my own fault for going.

Didn't know it the banter levels would be more suited to 14 year olds. Load of shite about pubs, dicks, ginger pubes, fat folk, more pubes.  Inane crap. It was Beavis and Butthead type stuff. Place was full of neds puking and pishing anywhere It was genuinely awful.

It was meant to be a Scotland send off but they kept going on about the Arse cheeks. Strachan was the the best  guest and funnier than the lobotomised presenters on the stage. Last 10 minutes was more what I thought the night would've been like, which was Scotland going to the Euros. Total con billing it as a big send off for Scotland.

Saw loads of folk leaving early. I can safely say i will never listen to or attend anything to do with Open goal again.

Aye, I went too - buying into the build up to the Euro’s stuff. 

The worst thing I’ve ever seen. 

Snodgrass absolutely painful, the VAR check stuff and attempting to do a hot wings challenge on stage truly atrocious. 

Strachan reached okay levels, but it wasn’t salvageable from that first half. 

Just now, Molotov said:

Do you mind me asking how much the  tickets were - from most expensive to cheapest?

If the proceeds (after subtracting venue overheads) are all going to charity then fair fcuks.

Not sure mate. My wife got them as a gift.  I would feel a lot better about it, if it's partly going to charity.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I’m not sure about the range of prices, but looking back I paid £33 (without the added fees) for on the floor tickets so assuming the most expensive not much more than that…

So aye, money well spent 😂

I very much doubt anything is going to charity. 

Edited by No_Problemo

37 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I can safely say i will never listen to or attend anything to do with Open goal again.

32 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The worst thing I’ve ever seen. 

Sorry to have to break it to you, but this means that you despise the working classes.

Also, you’ll probably have to start watching wrestling. 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Sorry to have to break it to you, but this means that you despise the working classes.

Also, you’ll probably have to start watching wrestling. 

Can't believe he hasn't expressed his dismay with a Simpsons gif 

3 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

I was too busy reading Camus and oiling my big intellectual beard while waiting for the wrestling to come on, so I never went.  Sounds like I missed a heck of a good time, though.

I'm saving my money for In Our Time Live, with Melvyn Bragg. Should be a cracking night.