Ayr Utd v the "diddy" cup winners - Fri 29th March

11 hours ago, Rio 2 said:

Oh the irony!

Scott Brown brands an opposition team reckless

8 red cards in 761 matches. Doesn't really emphasise your point does it.

Thanks for the points btw, you've probably single handedly kept us up. Think of that when we're pumping you again next season.

Who'd have thought that having Airdrie back in the Championship would be so enjoyable.

10 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Thanks for the points btw, you've probably single handedly kept us up. Think of that when we're pumping you again next season.

Who'd have thought that having Airdrie back in the Championship would be so enjoyable.

By my count I don’t think we’ve lost to this lot since 2017. Of course they spent a large amount of that time floundering about in the seaside leagues which is embarrassing enough really. 

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

By my count I don’t think we’ve lost to this lot since 2017. Of course they spent a large amount of that time floundering about in the seaside leagues which is embarrassing enough really. 

It's probably because we've done well against them but I'd happily have Airdrie in this league rather than some chickenshit outfit like Cove or even Queens Park. Definately makes it more interesting.

A 12 point bonus is always good for us too.

2 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

Number of reds is irrelevant, his style of play was.

We don't tend to play well against hammer throwers, like Ayr and Morton.

41 minutes ago, Rio 2 said:

Aye ok 😂. Our entire problem this season has been a lack of dig and aggression. I'd love it if we inherited a bit of Browns style on the pitch. Comparing us to Morton and calling us hammer throwers when you've just avoided a red for a blatant leg breaker is just mental.

And let's stop pretending that Airdrie play good football, any time I've seen you this season you've been pish and that's coming from someone who's seen their fair share of pish this season.

Edited by Scott-ish

40 minutes ago, Rio 2 said:

Maybe if your manager didn’t have a policy of signing midgets you’d stand a better chance against us. 

1 minute ago, Scott-ish said:

Aye ok 😂. Our entire problem this season has been a lack of dig and aggression. I'd love it if we inherited a bit of Browns style on the pitch. Comparing us to Morton and calling us hammer throwers when you've just avoided a red for a blatant leg breaker is just mental.

And let's stop pretending that Airdrie play good football, any time I've seen you this season you've been pish and that's coming from someone who's seen their fair share of pish this season.

They went very direct on Friday night. They can’t play the “right way” without McCabe and even then that just consists of playing long diagonal balls to the corner flags. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

They went very direct on Friday night. They can’t play the “right way” without McCabe and even then that just consists of playing long diagonal balls to the corner flags. 

They talk about playing the 'right way' like they're prime Barca.

The difference between our clubs is that they think this has been a great season while we're desperate for it to end because we've been horse shit. Yet they're only 1 point ahead and might as well not turn up against us.

19 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

They talk about playing the 'right way' like they're prime Barca.

The difference between our clubs is that they think this has been a great season while we're desperate for it to end because we've been horse shit. Yet they're only 1 point ahead and might as well not turn up against us.

Of course we've had a very good season so far:- Arguably the smallest budget in the league, years languishing in league one and so far last 16 of the League and Scottish Cups, skirting in and close to the play offs, winning the challenge cup. I would agree with you that by your standards Ayr should be doing better, by our standards yes disappointed by some of the results and performances but in our past and current position we have made a good fist of it this season. 

FWIW think your new stand will look quite tidy when it's complete. Is the plan to have the whole of the seated and standing section for home fans only...what will happen if you are facing a big traveling support (supposing you get promoted?) - will they not have access beyond the corner of the existing away end terracing? 

6 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

Of course we've had a very good season so far:- Arguably the smallest budget in the league, years languishing in league one and so far last 16 of the League and Scottish Cups, skirting in and close to the play offs, winning the challenge cup. I would agree with you that by your standards Ayr should be doing better, by our standards yes disappointed by some of the results and performances but in our past and current position we have made a good fist of it this season. 

FWIW think your new stand will look quite tidy when it's complete. Is the plan to have the whole of the seated and standing section for home fans only...what will happen if you are facing a big traveling support (supposing you get promoted?) - will they not have access beyond the corner of the existing away end terracing? 

Must have been designed by Barr. The stand is facing the pitch.

10 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

Ideally the new stand will be home support only but the segregation fence on the terrace is still there. I think they’ll be able to flex the new stand depending on the away support although personally I’d prefer it to be home fans only. Plenty of space behind the goals and in the corner of the main stand for away fans. 

Edited by ecocme

17 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

I would agree with you that by your standards Ayr should be doing better, by our standards yes disappointed by some of the results and performances but in our past and current position we have made a good fist of it this season. 

Even finishing 2nd last season, the football we played was absolutely honking. We were a last minute goal away from finishing 5th and had a cheat code striker in Big Dipo. By our standards 8th place is absolutely acceptable this year.

Maybe next year we'll kick on but we'll see.

I'm terms of the stand I think it'll be home fans only but maybe they'll be flexible with it, don't think that'll be needed though. There's room up in the main stand and behind the goals.

1 hour ago, Rio 2 said:

At one week ago we'd committed 7 more fouls than Airdrie and both teams had identical card count, stats courtesy of this very sites twitter account. Hope that helps the next time you decide to talk utter pish on the internet. 

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

At one week ago we'd committed 7 more fouls than Airdrie and both teams had identical card count, stats courtesy of this very sites twitter account. Hope that helps the next time you decide to talk utter pish on the internet. 

Venom by name and nature.

The subject of the post was Scott Brown, do try and pay attention!

1 minute ago, Rio 2 said:

Venom by name and nature.

The subject of the post was Scott Brown, do try and pay attention!

I imagine he might have been talking about the “hammer throwers” part of your post. 

What was that about paying attention… 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I imagine he might have been talking about the “hammer throwers” part of your post. 

What was that about paying attention… 

I feel he's trying to deflect attention away from the fact he's talking keech by pretending he didn't say it.

Had to laugh at the pundits on Friday night desperate for someone to say Brown biffed out and started throwing stuff about at HT but it turns out he was calm and positive. Get it round them.