Scotland Vs Northern Ireland

Over the 2 games we created chances, actually the chances against the Dutch were more clear cut so that has to be a positive.Β 

The change to the back 4 tonight didn't massively help especially when we are using the full backs to get forward.Β 

Talking of which pretty much everything down the right side was wasted due to a poor performance from Patterson.Β 

Subs were better than what they replaces in particular Shankland although he didn't score and Armstrong who started to cut through the defence.Β 

Β 

I think we'll sort this shit out in time for the Euros.

That said, that was a genuinely embarrassing and insipid performance from players who should simply do much better. That was a familiar XI that's had success over much better teams than those cloggers and whether it's down to their instructions on the night or unwillingness to risk themselves ahead of the climax of their club seasons/the Euros themselves I don't know.

Patterson has had a fucking shitemare from the moment he sold that goal (a few seconds before it really) and looks a serious downgrade on Hickey who we will need. Shankland continues to show he's only good in small ponds and is simply too immobile and unintelligent as a player to play at this level.

Shitshow of a game and I'm glad I didn't pay for a ticket to witness it.

Where to start?

Tierney and Ferguson get a 6/10 for me, the rest are lucky if they deserve a 4/10. Terrible across the board.

Passing was woeful - how many times did we have a man in space and then either take too long to deliver the pass or play it behind the man rather than a yard in front?

I don't see what Christie offers as an attacking player these days. By all means play him, but in the deeper role that he now plays for Bournemouth.Β 

Dykes offered nothing and Shankland didn't look like he's the guy who'll get you a goal when you're desperate. We'd probably be better off playing McTominay or Ferguson as a false nine given we don't look like scoring from any of our centre forwards.

Liam McLeod on the BBC commentary I'm sure said that Steven Pressley is on the coaching staff at Brentford and told him Hickey might not make the Euros? We'd better hope Pressley is as wrong as he usually is.

What was the point of having 4 keepers in the squad for Gunn to play 180 minutes? Was it just so they could have 2 games of fives going at the same time?

Are we now in a position where all our last games v all the other Home Nations are losses (NI tonight, England last year and Wales a few years back)? What a minter.

5 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

No it's not.

Β 

It's not worse than Liectenstein or the Faroes, to take two examples

Β 

It absolutely is.

As terrible as ΓΎhe performances were against those 2, we never actually got beat.

12 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

He's nowhere near international class ffs.

Β 

11 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Which striker in the squad is ?Β 

Β 

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Exactly

Β 

8 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

So who’s a better on form Scottish striker than Shankland atm , who in your opinion should be in the team ?

Β 

5 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

@C4mmy31.. Take your timeΒ 

@C4mmy31 Β you’re full of hot air and pish mateΒ 

3 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Ferguson and Shanks give them some bother.Β 

When were they last on the park when we were actually winning? The monstrously bauld fraud usually chucks them under the bus when we're losing.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Must admit, I quite like Dykes as an out ball against the bigger nations.

Tonight was never going to be his night. A target man that's not insanely mobile against 3 CH's is always a hiding to nothing and we barely changed it from that all night.

That's on Clarke regardless of the quality or lack thereof of our strikers.

Nah, his time is done for me tbh. He's a league one level striker who we utilised and got the best out of during a purple patch.Β 

Let's not kick the arse out of it by continuing to watch him stink the place up, a player who looks that bad against McNair, Ballard and Toal shouldn't then be played against whatever combination Germany have.Β 

He's Josh Magennis.Β 

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

That's irrelevent, he's still nowhere near good enough as an international.

You’re bumping your gums for the sake of it , making rash statements you can’t justify or back up .

Youre a slavering idiotΒ 

I think the change to the 4-2-3-1 hindered us more than helped us

Mcginn and Christie can and have played there previously but both are predominantly central players nowadays. Can be a struggle to adapt to moving position mid game.Β 

Hope Robertson’s injury isn’t too bad, praying Hickeys back soon and most of all hoping that the Larkhall and Lanark loyals buses break down on the way home tonightΒ 

Just now, Elixir said:

When were they last on the park when we were actually winning? The monstrously bauld fraud usually chucks them under the bus when we're losing.

How is Clarke a fraud when we qualified for the Euros at a canter from a difficult group?!Β 

Jonathan Sutherland asking the Hearts manager if Hearts' best player, captain and main goalscorer should start for Scotland is up there with the shittest, most inane questions I've ever had the pleasure of watching.