Brother Beaton v Celtic: Apr 7th - 12:00

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

You're all over the place here. At best it was barely a foul so I have no idea why it would have merited a card. 

Anyway we were gifted two goals today really and then did our usual sleep walk from 70 minutes onwards to concede a late goal. A draw was all we deserved tbh.

I thought it was a yellow, the fact it got close stopped the ref giving it.  Calm down.  It was 100% foul mate, even clearer than the Boyle one we never got against celtc

10 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Fair enough, I seem to have more faith in your team than you do.

For that be a fair assessment we had to win that game today and even then it’s a bit of a stretch, much like your opinion on Rangers penalty today. If that’s given against you I guarantee you are mental

It’s not about having faith in my team it’s that I don’t have is faith in VAR based on some of the mental decisions I’ve seen in these games this season. 

Edited by Jinky67

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Excellent James Forrest impersonation there.

IMG-2525.jpg

Ffs Bennett . That’s funny. Stop it or I’ll like/respect you. And then I need to like/respect 1 of them and then I’ll feel dirty. Not cool Bennett.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

For that be a fair assessment we had to win that game today and even then it’s a bit of a stretch. It’s not about having faith in my team it’s that I don’t have is faith in VAR based on some of the mental decisions I’ve seen in these games this season. 

Wait, you actually think your team has been hard done by from var? deary me.  Especially in old firm games.  var was just fine today,it won you the first derby too.

I don't think you understand what I actually said tbh.

2 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Ffs Bennett . That’s funny. Stop it or I’ll like/respect you. And then I need to like/respect 1 of them and then I’ll feel dirty. Not cool Bennett.

Bennys sound for one of them.

I don't think Silva's one is a penalty, but it is exactly the sort of incident where you could essentially justify playing on, awarding a penalty, or issuing a booking for simulation without any of those on-field decisions being considered a clear and obvious error. The bar for intervention in Scotland seems too low for me, just as a personal preference, and has been since VAR was introduced. 

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Wait, you actually think your team has been hard done by from var? deary me.  Especially in old firm games.  var was just fine today,it won you the first derby too.

I don't think you understand what I actually said tbh.

Today, absolutely however it’s not just me that thinks that. The majority of people posting on this thread when it happened seemed to think it was pretty laughable too.

18 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Brawl on the train there. Bears on bears. A loyal rumble, so to speak.

Apparently the peepul were playing today.

Its my own fault for travelling through Glasgow today.

Cocaine bears? Somebody should make a movie. Or give them some eccies so that they could hug it out.

32 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

That may objectively be the case, but so is the "old firm" status highlighted.

Business wise one club can't exist, as they do, without the other bumcheek.

The way the board choose to run the club has nowt to do with me, I’m afraid. One half of the “old firm” died in 2012 and everyone knows it. 

2 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

The way the board choose to run the club has nowt to do with me, I’m afraid. One half of the “old firm” died in 2012 and everyone knows it. 

Not talking about you mate. The "Old Firm" is objectively alive and well, from the clubs point of view.

They need each other and Celtic would not let them die, or vice versa. It would be commercial suicide for either party.

Rangers are very much alive whither you or I like it, or not.

15 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I thought it was a yellow, the fact it got close stopped the ref giving it.  Calm down.  It was 100% foul mate, even clearer than the Boyle one we never got against celtc

What merits it being a card? It wasn't particularly aggressive, cynical or even late as he got the ball. For some reason people seem to think anything deemed a foul in the box is a card. Wait, the Boyle dive? Now your absolutely at it just about everyone on here said it was as well iirc.

35 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

That may objectively be the case, but so is the "old firm" status highlighted.

Business wise one club can't exist, as they do, without the other bumcheek.

That’s the origin of the nickname the “old firm”. They realised early doors that they were bigger and could bully their way to get what they wanted. They teamed up. It’s actually quite cute. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Penthouse-Pavement-Survive-Football-Mainstream-ebook/dp/B006OGCFUW

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

That’s the origin of the nickname the “old firm”. They realised early doors that they were bigger and could bully their way to get what they wanted. They teamed up. It’s actually quite cute. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Penthouse-Pavement-Survive-Football-Mainstream-ebook/dp/B006OGCFUW

Good 80s album that too to be fair.

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

Yup, there is the case of why Partick Thistle play in Maryhill. An interesting wee tale of power