Brother Beaton v Celtic: Apr 7th - 12:00

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d recommend listening to these games on the radio. Tremendous entertainment spoiled only by the idiots talking over the seethe from the stands. 

Ha, same, I was out so listening to it in the car, the noise of absolute glee Pat Bonner made when the Dessers goal was disallowed had me howling.

11 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

So you dont think the ref booking a player for a dive when he was fouled in the box isn't a clear an obvious error? 

And if thats not a clear an obvious error, what part of dessers goal is the foul (which was a good numbers of seconds before the ball hit the net) not being awarded "clear and obvious" yet you are not having an issue with that one

No because it was in my opinion a dive hence why he was falling before any contact 

And the number of seconds before the ball hit the net is an irrelevance since what starts the attacking phase of play is always looked and the big difference between AJ’s tackle and the one on Iwata is that AJ actually got the ball. Small differences but important ones

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

The ref thought the currant dived.  It was clear and obvious he didn't dive.

You think that challenge was enough to bring him down? And if so why start falling prior to it happening? 

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Struggling to find decent highlights of this game online. Thought Sky usually upload it fairly sharpish.

It involved both Rangers and Celtic, nothing decent about those two.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

You think that challenge was enough to bring him down? And if so why start falling prior to it happening? 

Yes.  Because he's a cheat.  

Still a clear foul and penalty though.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No because it was in my opinion a dive hence why he was falling before any contact 

And the number of seconds before the ball hit the net is an irrelevance since what starts the attacking phase of play is always looked and the big difference between AJ’s tackle and the one on Iwata is that AJ actually got the ball. Small differences but important ones

Getting the ball doesn't define if theres a foul or not, johnson nicks the ball then brings his foot up and catches silva on the knee

Does he make a meal of it, damn right, but is it a foul, yes it is, so for the ref to award a dive and a yellow for what was shown as contact and a foul in the box is a clear abd obvious error

Was it a clear and obvious error when the ref missed the foul in the build up to dessers goal? Yes or no? 

6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Getting the ball doesn't define if theres a foul or not, johnson nicks the ball then brings his foot up and catches silva on the knee

Does he make a meal of it, damn right, but is it a foul, yes it is, so for the ref to award a dive and a yellow for what was shown as contact and a foul in the box is a clear abd obvious error

Was it a clear and obvious error when the ref missed the foul in the build up to dessers goal? Yes or no? 

Pretty sure I just gave you my opinion, not sure why you need me to repeat it. 

Just because several incidents may be looked at as clear and obvious errors it doesn’t mean that mistakes still aren’t made does it? 

Edited by Jinky67

30 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Rui Manuel Costa, one of the finest midfield players ever to grace a football field.

Absolutely schooled Beckham and his pals from 0-2 down at Euro 2000.

No dives ever necessary in his toolkit.

Rui Costa was magnificent. Magnifico even.

Nearly every pass he played was forward. An elegant attacking midfielder who probably didn’t get the credit he deserved.

54 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That's what I thought. A bit like an Ayrshire Junior match. (Are there still Ayrshire Juniors?)

After last year's Scottish Cup debacle, you should know better than mention Ayrshire (ex) juniors...

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Pretty sure I just gave you my opinion, not sure why you need me to repeat it. 

Just because several incidents may be looked at as clear and obvious errors it doesn’t mean that mistakes still aren’t made does it? 

Simply wondering why one decision isnt clear and obvious while the other is, when both times the onfield ref never seen the foul

2 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Simply wondering why one decision isnt clear and obvious while the other is, when both times the onfield ref never seen the foul

Again it was in reply. You don’t agree and that’s fine but I did give you my opinion on it

Posted (edited)

Not an ideal result. Really needed a win to put a bit of daylight between us. Glad it’s still in our hands if we can go top on Wednesday but that is a big if depending on what side turns up. That first 45 was as bad as I can remember seeing us. Tav had an absolute shocker.

Definite improvement in the second half but I feel today will go down as a missed opportunity. Two rather poor teams.

Celtic had us dead and buried at 2-0 and bottled it, but they’ll be happier with the result.

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Is it just me or is jinky hurting? Have we found the “dog shit licker”?

Ye whit? As for hurting maybe a little, I never expected Man U to take points off Liverpool, fuckers. A decent coupon properly burst 

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Also felt Butland was suspect at Celtics third but would need to see it back. Sima a massive upgrade on Wright.

Very much so.