Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

43 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Off you pop and concentrate on Cove, you fucking clown.

Pumped them. Easily. Thank you. 

Kind of glad I made the effort to get to that....

I'll get it out the way first - I'm a veteran of seeing my own team make an arse of it - but I'm struggling to think of a collapse like Dundee managed today. They went from looking comfortable to completely losing the plot almost instantly - it was bizarre. It looked like any ball through the middle was total danger and I can't really believe what I saw.

Secondly I'll say it as we benefitted from it - another fucking shocker of a penalty caused by the killer combo of The handball rule and VAR - no-one knew what was going on - it has to change.

On to the fun stuff - 3-2 from 2-0 is the most satisfying result in football for me - but to do it on a day that Hibs made an arse of it makes it all the more special. Next week could be good fun as long as Dundee don't do anything against Rangers but even forgetting that, I think we are now done with relegation and playoffs, which is the most important thing.

The pitch was shocking but the wind was the biggest factor in the game - so many balls straight out of play.

Anyway - best fun win of the season Ibrox aside - just hoping top 6 is still a live issue next weekend...

2 hours ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Perhaps slightly premature 😀

Nah it's 3 months too late. We've been through this with Alexander

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

Secondly I'll say it as we benefitted from it - another fucking shocker of a penalty caused by the killer combo of The handball rule and VAR - no-one knew what was going on - it has to change.

Even by the standards of VAR that was an absolute shocker. Obviously great at the time when you benefit but completely ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

To me it's more like Robinson. He continually fucked starting lineups then fixed it, and improved pretty steadily. 

Kettlewell never gives me the "what the f**k are we even doing?" that Alexander did regularly.

30 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

To me it's more like Robinson. He continually fucked starting lineups then fixed it, and improved pretty steadily. 

Kettlewell never gives me the "what the f**k are we even doing?" that Alexander did regularly.

This is it for me as well.

I think the noise around Kettlewell is very similar to the grief Robinson got: some folk have just decided they don't like him and that's that really.

See when you hear stuff like "I hope he proves me wrong"...generally people don't actually like being proved wrong.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

Never a penalty but it was given then we shit the bed ... fucking frustrating as f**k how many points we've thrown away this season 

Not sure what makes you think it wasn't a penalty. Clear handball.

I will say - the hefty big steward that was stopping the motherwell players and management getting near the fans at that the end whilst looking fucking raging was quite funny. I can totally respect it if he's a Dee (and I probably would have done the same thing) - if he's just following orders, a bit less so.... 

I am more than happy to be proved wrong but I still don't fancy him just now. Every time I think we're turning a corner He does something that sets me back.

18 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am more than happy to be proved wrong but I still don't fancy him just now. Every time I think we're turning a corner He does something that sets me back.

I understand that like, we are infuriating as a team, but similarly, I dunno, I just fucking like us as well? We're pretty decent to watch, we've got a squad that gives a f**k, and we (probably) go into the final game with a shot at top six. 

We've recruited fine, we're planning for 24/25 already by the looks of things, we've improved players, if we can somehow squeak into the top six, we probably solve some budgetary concerns. 

Even if we miss top six, we're a bawhair away from mathematical safety, and if we can get that sorted then we can give Elliot/Ebiye/Halliday/Nicholson a decent run to see what they've got/continue to bed them in for next season to hit the ground running. Always feel that Robinson was right in making a big deal about being good in the league cup group stages, so ideally, let's do that again.

59 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I get your point but surely playing Wilkinson in midfield and losing 3-0 to County fits in to this category?

Just now, camer0n_mcd said:

I get your point but surely playing Wilkinson in midfield and losing 3-0 to County fits in to this category?

Killie Away fits this category too.

There are definite Alexander vibes where we go behind a lot and players seem to dig their way out. But there is also non-Alexander vibes where we actually play some decent football.

Hopefully our squad issues of just buying guys for no reason will be over this Summer. They need to get that in check and concentrate on quality. Though we did sign that Callan guy who hasn't been near the team

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

You are hard to please Busta. Sorry mate. But you are the kind of fan that could find us winning the Champions League a negative.

Kettlewell is no saviour but he has worked miracles with the lowest budget we have had in years. 

Let it go and accept you are a negative ninny whatever the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Kind of glad I made the effort to get to that....

I'll get it out the way first - I'm a veteran of seeing my own team make an arse of it - but I'm struggling to think of a collapse like Dundee managed today. They went from looking comfortable to completely losing the plot almost instantly - it was bizarre. It looked like any ball through the middle was total danger and I can't really believe what I saw.

On to the fun stuff - 3-2 from 2-0 is the most satisfying result in football for me - but to do it on a day that Hibs made an arse of it makes it all the more special. Next week could be good fun as long as Dundee don't do anything against Rangers but even forgetting that, I think we are now done with relegation and playoffs, which is the most important thing.

The pitch was shocking but the wind was the biggest factor in the game - so many balls straight out of play.

Anyway - best fun win of the season Ibrox aside - just hoping top 6 is still a live issue next weekend...

I agree the wind was the biggest factor but, although the pitch looked shite I didn’t see 1 incident where it changed the game or bounced oddly. 

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It is a clear handball. Shaughnessy has his arm well away from his body and uses it to block the ball.

Whether or not it blocks the ball is irrelevant. His hand is in a natural position for his action, because he's off balance and is trying to clear it.

I also think encroachment is for wee guys and shouldn't even be a consideration for VAR, but in what world is Gent not in the box here? His head, arm, upper body and knee are all  over the line, and the rules simply say that players should be "outside the penalty area", nothing to do with it only applying to his feet.

Screenshot2024-04-06at21_27_21.thumb.png.6b219173baaa67c438b43f83868b7799.png

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

in what world is Gent not in the box here? His head, arm, upper body and knee are all  over the lineScreenshot2024-04-06at21_27_21.thumb.png.6b219173baaa67c438b43f83868b7799.png

You can see that the ball is already in motion there, just. Wind it back a fraction of a second and it might be a different story.