Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I noticed the already postponed Civil Service Strollers v's Gretna 2008 match was, yet again, postponed last night due to a waterlogged pitch. Does anyone know if Gretna 2008 released an irate STATEMENT prompting an investigation from the Lowland League?

Civil Service Strollers aren't a professional football club.

Not linking the article as it's the Sun, but Tannadice, McDiarmid Park, Gayfield & Hampden all discussed as possible venues for this game if Dens Park isn't playable.

No time to rearrange the dates due to the split so the SPFL want the game played somewhere.

Fir Park is free...

3 minutes ago, Handsome John said:

Why are they going to make a further statement today, if they are expecting Saturday to go ahead as planned? 

I might be reading too much into that wording, but it doesn’t say where they expect it to go ahead. 

There’s no outright denial that we’ve been discussing alternatives. 

1 minute ago, The Master said:

I might be reading too much into that wording, but it doesn’t say where they expect it to go ahead. 

Exactly...this part of the statement basically suggests that:

'The club are in regular discussions with the league but no decision to move the match away from the Scot Foam Stadium has been made'

There was - somewhat incredibly - a game on down the Riverside pitches last night about 6pm (and btw, absolutely f**k that in that rain last night) - maybe they could shift it down there?

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

There was - somewhat incredibly - a game on down the Riverside pitches last night about 6pm (and btw, absolutely f**k that in that rain last night) - maybe they could shift it down there?

There are games played 200yds down the road from Dens.

I've always said there is a constant dark cloud over Dens but this must literally be the case 

The 5 Wettest Places On Earth
  1. Dens Park Stadium Sandeman St Dundee - 11,871mm. The  perpetual monsoon never ends. ...
  2. Cherrapuni, India - 11,777mm. A spectacular waterfall in Cherrapunji, Meghalaya. ...
  3. Tutunendo, Colombia - 11,770mm. ...
  4. San Antonio De Ureca, Equatorial Guinea - 10,450mm. ...
  5. Debundscha, Cameroon - 10,299mm

Would genuinely be embarrassing if you had to get games moved stadium, and raises an absolutely monumental question about whether you'd be allowed to use Dens next season if you can't guarantee the issue would be fixed over the Summer (which based on Dundee fans claims, it can't be).

Homeless before your new stadium is even started would be a relative disaster wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, The Master said:

is expecting Saturday’s match to go ahead as planned.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would genuinely be embarrassing if you had to get games moved stadium, and raises an absolutely monumental question about whether you'd be allowed to use Dens next season if you can't guarantee the issue would be fixed over the Summer (which based on Dundee fans claims, it can't be).

Homeless before your new stadium is even started would be a relative disaster wouldn't it?

At least when you get relegated there's a chance Mcdiarmid might still see Premiership football next season...

In all seriousness, yes, it's embarrassing. It definitely can also be fixed, I can't remember seeing claims from Dundee fans to suggest otherwise, but that may be because I've just missed that. The issue was before that Nelms & co weren't prepared to spend the money to ensure it was fixed, their hand will be forced now by the looks of it. 

Is it a good look in the same week we announced considerable increases to our season ticket prices? No not at all. Dundee fans need to take this one on the chin and say to our club that they aren't doing right by us (and visiting fans for that matter) and to get it fixed.