Stirling V Alloa. No controversy here.

forecast is a bit stormy for Saturday afternoon (again). it was pretty windy last time out at Forthbank as well.

we will need to be a lot better than the first Alloa home game. we were absolutely rotten that day.  that was the beginning of the end for the south terracing as well. the wee 'ultras' dropping their firework and running away, apparently never to be seen inside the ground again. next game there were about 20 of us on it and then shortly after it was closed. 

really getting to crunch time now and we quite simply have to be taking points from our home games.

we haven't picked up loads of points but we're definitely in better form than we were then. it's time to start turning it into points. 

i'd happily take another 1-0 like 2 weeks ago. 

hopefully Carrick is fit again. 

i think Offord has done enough to justify another start as well. 

We're a bit lucky results have been kind to us and we're still in 3rd, played poorly the last 2/3 games.

Hopefully our players refind their form and we play like we did throughout February.

Think we'll edge the game 3-2.

Hoping Stirling stays in the league for next season, especially with Stenny coming up too. Good to have local derbies to look forward to!

Can't see past Alloa giving Stirling a nudge towards the relegation playoff although we've been generous lately.

Only team worse off than Stirling in terms of form are Edinburgh. Thought there was a fair bit of negativity despite us making more than enough chances to win the game against Annan, by law of averages we'll surely start converting some of those opportunities soon™

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Only team worse off than Stirling in terms of form are Edinburgh.

Not much in it last 6 games. (points) Alloa 7, Kelty 6, QOS 5, Stirling 5, EC 0.

Our final meeting with Alloa approaches us, Saturday 3pm can't come quick enough.

Firstly let's hope these wee pyro neds & balaclavas are nowhere near the ground, they are no representation of our club & we certainly don't want them. Football is why we come along & it's what we want to focus on.

Ok, so we lost 4-2 last week, with 2 freak own goals &  some basic errors.... yes the scoreline doesn't lie, I'm not disputing that... but our performance wasn't as bad as the scoreline showed... for large parts we were the better team..passed the ball well, quick & positive... so I'm encouraged about Saturday & IMO i can see a bino's victory 1-0 or 2-0 

We didn't do ourselves justice last time we played Alloa at Forthbank but Saturday will take care of that..

Any changes on Saturday i feel would be minimal Offord will 100% start that's nailed on.. it's wether Hilson replaces Spence upfront alongside him....DC hamstring injury is a major worry for us, especially the workload that he takes on 

So that would leave us with last weeks starting 4 in midfield McPake left... Banner right...with Crane holding & Leitch in front of him,,, I don't think Leitch has been good lately but we have no replacement for him, i don't think Cooper is DY's choice in this position 

Only change in the back 4 could be JoJo & Scouse coming in...not because his 2 freak OG'S i just felt his ball retention & distribution was poor at times.... but i think DY will stick with him & his partnership with our Leader & rock at the back Pab's 💪 he set's the tone & a great example 👏 

BC again i think will start, emotionally after last week I'd drop him but now it's mellowed slightly & i think he's still going to be in goals, sharper & switched on...

I haven't seen anything of Alloa other than when we play them, they are sitting in the playoffs just now, well done to them so far 👏 no arrogance & again IMO i just feel we will come out on top on Saturday..right from the 1st whistle & right at them...DY will have them ready in the dressing room & Pab's on the park 

Let's hope that we are talking about the football after it, no other distractions off the park 

Togetherness,, desire & spirit & a bino's victory 💪 🇵🇪  ⚽

C'mon the bino's 

Like the title of the thread, is that what you call understatement ?  Great ground for atmosphere and it usually doesn't disappoint.  Always see people at this fixture that I havn't seen for years - think the Alloa support seems to be bigger than turn up at the Recs.

We've become a bit jaded in the past few weeks. just going through the motions.  Need  something to stir us up and this noisy little encounter could do it. Think AG will tell them that there's a handful of games to go, you've got the talent so just go and enjoy it. Would love to have Stevie H back for the run-in, but think he's going to run out of time.  

Not going to be daft enough to predict a score, but if we recover our spark it will be enough. 

I can't see DY being as reactionary as this but in my personal tactics board have changed GK and CB. Much depends on DC9 fitness but Beepee will have up to date behind the scenes info nearer the time 👍. We need to dig deep, dispense with hair and grooming products, and fancy footwear and get in aboot it.

alloa.png

Edited by SA45

Big test for Andy G IMO.

We need to stop the rot and a win is important to keep us in pole with five games to go.

It's likely Cove will lose at Falkirk, but both Cove and Montrose have games against Edinburgh left; so, very tight and likely to remain so.

Stirling are struggling, in a fight to avoid ninth spot against Kelty, QotS and Annan - none of who look like they are going to fold. They will be 100% ready and up for it. 

Over to you Andy and the players. You need to deliver the three points on Saturday - we have the quality to do that IMO, but it will be tough.

1 hour ago, SA45 said:

I can't see DY being as reactionary as this but in my personal tactics board have changed GK and CB. Much depends on DC9 fitness but Beepee will have up to date behind the scenes info nearer the time 👍. We need to dig deep, dispense with hair and grooming products, and fancy footwear and get in aboot it.

alloa.png

@SA45 i totally get were you are coming from... On Monday or Tuesday going purely on the pain from Saturdays freak errors, like you I'd have said I'm changing GK for Big Mark Weir & dropping Jojo for Scouse.... but & here's the but.... I don't think DY will do that....he trusts BC as his No.1 & will keep faith just like he did after similar performance against Annan away... likewise i think he will do the same with Jojo... 

Unfortunately we won't see DC upfront for a few weeks....but we don't let the heads drop...we stay focused & dig deep & come together 

We have a young lad Kieran Offord upfront who's playing well & confident in a good way 

The one & only change i do invisage from Saturdays starting 11  at Cove is Hilson coming in for Spence 

We keep positive & led by Pab's we will get a result 💪 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪

Shame about Carrick.

Barring injury I'd be surprised to see a change to the back 5.

I don't see us folding either. Let's see the spirit of this time last season and we can drag ourselves over the line.

A bit of a hopeful one but it would be nice to see the home stand as full as it was this time last year.

Edited by WattersIsGod
typo

Anybody who would start an over weight Mark Weir, who has sat on the bench all season (and for most of last), over Blair Currie…just because of 1 or 2 mistakes, need there heads read. 

Will make a proper post tomorrow.

2 hours ago, SA45 said:

We need to dig deep, dispense with hair and grooming products, and fancy footwear and get in aboot it.

Couldn't agree more about the need to dig in but I think youll have a job convincing Milne or Leitch about the hair products..  

16 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Anybody who would start an over weight Mark Weir, who has sat on the bench all season (and for most of last), over Blair Currie…just because of 1 or 2 mistakes, need there heads read. 

Will make a proper post tomorrow.

It's just a bit of fun and I don't think for a minute DY will change GK. It's a worry though that BC's distribution and command of area hasn't improved - he's a great shot stopper though.

Last week's fourth goal at Cove was a clanger, but there's no way we should be dropping Blair. He's one of the best keepers in the league. I saw Terrace had him as the best L1 keeper this week). He's probably our best player, all things considered (keepers never get the credit that attacking players get). 

Edited by unitedbino

19 minutes ago, Dumb yatt said:

I normally don't do forecasting, but if Kathleen assists in a 60yd screamer i'll take it. 

can Kathleen take a corner that beats the first man?

2 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Last week's fourth goal at Cove was a clanger, but there's no way we should be dropping Blair. He's one of the best keepers in the league 9I saw Terrace had him as the best L1 keeper this week). He's probably our best player, all things considered (keepers never get the credit that attacking players get). 

Nobody is dropping BC..... btw he hardly covered himself in glory with the 3rd goal either... 

He's no doubt IMO probably the top shot stopper in the league, but the ball at his feet is flaky to say the least... i think that's easy to see,, if he was better in that department he'd be playing at a much higher level than us... I was thinking emotionally Mon/Tues I'd drop him (not calling for DY to drop him) but of course i  thought about it...I've seen all his performances this season & of course he's our Number 1... Mark Weir knows he's only as cover....I have no doubt that he BC will be in goals on Saturday.... every confidence in his abilities... just please use the ball better from the feet 🙏 ⚽️  Number 1 shot stopper 💪  🇵🇪