Stirling V Alloa. No controversy here.

8 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm still of the opinion that this is a bit revisionist. Rice's Alloa team dismantled Stirling here last time aswell and if Wales had his shooting boots it would have been more than 2-0. I'm surprised Stirling were just as bad today.

Nah, I was saying it for pretty much the whole Rice reign! His mishandling of what he had at his disposal was obvious and it took Andy about 5 minutes to sort it. In fact I'd suggest the idea that the previous win against Stirling was something of a turning point is deeply flawed, picking out one good performance from weeks of absolute rubbish. The occasional half decent performance under Rice never led to anything consistently cohesive. Had he stayed on after that Stirling game I've no doubt he would have quickly enough started changing things around again. And it was pretty revealing that on leaving that he said it was a good move for all parties. Being a manager isn't his bag.

13 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm still of the opinion that this is a bit revisionist. Rice's Alloa team dismantled Stirling here last time aswell and if Wales had his shooting boots it would have been more than 2-0. I'm surprised Stirling were just as bad today.

As bad as Stirling were today I think we were less worse than last time. The 2 early goals killed with Stirling having to chase the game leaving huge gaps. Stirling had a few chances today that I can't remember having last time. We were/are woefully inconsistent.

I think we still would have been there or thereabouts with rice at the Helm , we will never know 

but still some fighting to do to make sure we are in the playoffs its all too tight still 

As for the game game today,  PJ  Roberts  Virtannen  Wales all good with the rest not far behind 

as for stirling some good play but finishing was poor ,.Spence still got it i see , Roberts equalizing the ex players scoring chart  .

Special shoutout to Dave Mckay came on and did a good job , he has improved as a player with us .

Edited by Vegetableman

Picked the perfect game to come back to Scotland for. That was a lot of fun. 

Not a bad mark on any player today, from PJ in goals with some big saves to the forwards showcasing some real quality, it was a joy to watch. I was a coin toss for man of the match between Roberts and Virtanen though. Controlled that game with their composure and energy. Hetherington back into that mix too is a great problem to have, the complete opposite problem, to what we had last season.

This Alloa team seem to be able to rise to the big occasions, something I hope we can say come May. Again, a brilliant travelling support matched with the effort on the pitch. The scenes after every goal and full-time were superb.

The man at the helm, Andy Graham, maintaining his coolness when I spoke to him after too. Said on the pod, you see no difference in message whether we win 5-1 or lose 2-0. The message is consistent, never too high, never too low. A brilliant leader. Today, a real showpiece for his short reign so far. 

31 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Glory Hunter ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Harsh..........

but

picture of the day 

Edited by Vegetableman

6 hours ago, Sixtyten said:

Stirling were a shambles today and we took full advantage.

Wales and Steven were back to their best, although they were given such a boost by the Albion's farcical defending.

I know most Alloa fans want Hetherington back in, but for me Virtanen should keep that centre midfield role.

Totally agree. He has been a revelation since moving in beside Roberts in the middle of the pitch. Both have been excellent since January 

11 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Picked the perfect game to come back to Scotland for. That was a lot of fun. 

Not a bad mark on any player today, from PJ in goals with some big saves to the forwards showcasing some real quality, it was a joy to watch. I was a coin toss for man of the match between Roberts and Virtanen though. Controlled that game with their composure and energy. Hetherington back into that mix too is a great problem to have, the complete opposite problem, to what we had last season.

This Alloa team seem to be able to rise to the big occasions, something I hope we can say come May. Again, a brilliant travelling support matched with the effort on the pitch. The scenes after every goal and full-time were superb.

The man at the helm, Andy Graham, maintaining his coolness when I spoke to him after too. Said on the pod, you see no difference in message whether we win 5-1 or lose 2-0. The message is consistent, never too high, never too low. A brilliant leader. Today, a real showpiece for his short reign so far. 

Going into the playoffs (hopefully but looking good), this is a key point IMO. The squad itself looks much stronger (#). Midfield illustrates this as much as anything. Kurtis and Miko are playing well, but we also have Stevie H, Scougs and Robbo to come in if and when required. So we are very well covered for injuries - which is what did for us last year. The bench is looking ten times stronger than this time last season generally.

# A squad which Brian Rice assembled, as I'm sure @Waspie will be first to acknowledge. Eh m8? 😉

Of course Andy has taken things to a new level and it's a good time to be an Alloa fan. As I've posted before (I think 🤔), we should cherish the likes of Bobby W and Taylor as much as we can just now. They'll be away in, hopefully, eight games.

Edited by printer

1 hour ago, printer said:

# A squad which Brian Rice assembled, as I'm sure @Waspie will be first to acknowledge. Eh m8? 😉

Of course Andy has taken things to a new level and it's a good time to be an Alloa fan. As I've posted before (I think 🤔), we should cherish the likes of Bobby W and Taylor as much as we can just now. They'll be away in, hopefully, eight games.

I always give him great credit for his squad building 😁. Couple of absolute crazy ones too but still makes for a very impressive ratio overall. 

Everyone seems very hopeful about the play-offs but still a fair bit of work to be done. Cove and Montrose both have easier fixtures on paper - albeit it didn't work out that way for us over the last couple of weeks. The next two games against Montrose and Cove absolutely huge. Fantastic to go into them on the back of a derby hammering and with (hopefully) the injury situation looking a bit better. 

Agreed on Wales and Steven, two class acts. Bobby did really well behind Sammo yesterday and while I like him at the top, his performance showed he is also a very good option in the middle of the three behind as well. 

I think the 5 point cushion (for now with Montrose probably getting 3 points over Edinburgh when they re-arrange) and as you say the next two are massive, the momentum from yesterday will have an impact hopefully and if we can get 4-6 points in the two games, I think we can be comfortable going into the games against Hamilton and Falkirk with the security and maybe even the confirmation of play-offs

Edited by LoganAAFC

Really enjoyed yesterday, my favourite Alloa game in years. Loved the way the players gave everything.

Agree with both Waspie and Printer, think Rice was a poor if not dreadful manager but his loan signings especially were excellent this season. Really struggle to get better than Wales and Steven next year,.

I worry for Albion on that showing yesterday. It's great having a proper derby game to look forward to playing against them but they are well short of quality at this juncture especially at the back. Annan carried much more threat than them and are probably my pick of the bunch of the relegation threatened teams 

12 minutes ago, Oweny said:

I worry for Albion on that showing yesterday. It's great having a proper derby game to look forward to playing against them but they are well short of quality at this juncture especially at the back. Annan carried much more threat than them and are probably my pick of the bunch of the relegation threatened teams 

With Stirling who's last four games of the season are teams around them in the league, Kelty - Queens - Edinburgh and final day clash with Annan which with results for either teams leading up to it could lead to the relegation and agree with you because Stirling didn't give an indication of a team that will be staying up next season, and with how Annan have played recently can see them getting out of 9th

Complete shambles yesterday. The two goalkeeping errors got us off to a horror start. A few half chances amounted to zero. Spence finished well. McPake deserved his motm award. A few comments about him slowing down play but it doesn't help when he has three men on him. Far too good a player for League 1. If he hasn't signed for St Johnstone, a Championship club or someone shit like QOTS will come in for him. 

Far too many players are not performing. I hope Banner, Cummins and Carrick are in the starting 11 next weekend. Would be an added bonus to see Cooper as well but he starts one game a year. 

On a positive note, the pie was delicious yesterday and the Ultras left after half an hour. Sorry to the Alloa fans for them throwing stones over the wall. I've zero idea why the club still allow them entry. 

Great highlights package posted by Alloa. It's a shame we have stopped posting highlights. 

3 hours ago, Magic Hat said:

One thing I think both sets of young fans need to cut out is throwing lemon and strawberry bon bon coloured smoke bombs, they add absolutely SFA.

Fully agree with that.  In addition an object was hurled at an Alloa player from the north end of the West Stand.  Surely someone will know who threw it?  Are all of our stewards blind?  What each club should be doing is requiring someone to own up/turn someone else in under fear of banning the whole group.

Further, why weren't the police outside to prevent the Stirling youths from hurling missiles into the Alloa fans inside the ground.  This is a repeat of what happened at the previous home game against Montrose whose fans were also targets, so it should have been anticipated. 

It is high time for the clubs to step up before someone suffers serious injury.  If they don't, will the SFA get off their backsides and cease to warm their haemorrhoids?