Junior Takeover

With rumours of South Challenge Cup being optional perhaps the thinking is 18 team leagues. 2 more home games for clubs but make that Cup optional for teams like Talbot etc who already have enough games and cups they are involved in. Then opens up more spots for 4th Division for likes of Annbank to come back if they want.

Would need more midweek games at start of season and an earlier start date to league. But perhaps one of ideas to get more money to the clubs as I know the reason Cowdenbeath voted for B teams that 15 home league games wasn't enough and wanted 17/18 guaranteed home league games as they had in SPFL Two?

Just a thought?

Edited by Shannon

30 minutes ago, Shannon said:

With rumours of South Challenge Cup being optional perhaps the thinking is 18 team leagues. 2 more home games for clubs but make that Cup optional for teams like Talbot etc who already have enough games and cups they are involved in. Then opens up more spots for 4th Division for likes of Annbank to come back if they want.

Would need more midweek games at start of season and an earlier start date to league. But perhaps one of ideas to get more money to the clubs as I know the reason Cowdenbeath voted for B teams that 15 home league games wasn't enough and wanted 17/18 guaranteed home league games as they had in SPFL Two?

Just a thought?

If that was their main concern they could've voted to expand LL with more coming up the way and automatic promotion ( 2 or 3 spots ) and relegation. Re more league games to fit in ... there are currently at least 3 that haven't even been scheduled and we're less than a month from the supposed last day of the season. 

Wasn't 16 something imposed by SFA for all leagues feeding into Highland and Lowland league.

Given the extension given to Division 1, increasing numbers in leagues would make it more problematic even lower down.

10 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

If that was their main concern they could've voted to expand LL with more coming up the way and automatic promotion ( 2 or 3 spots ) and relegation.

They did try and expand the LL. The SFA weren't having it. While people can talk about expanding the leagues, the SFA have seemed to be fixated on 16 team leagues (unless Highland or adding B teams).

Interesting point in the Podcast I picked up was that Drumchapel lost money from South Challenge Cup despite winning it.

Scottish Junior Cup Finalists should earn at least £20,000 plus not including home games / hospitality etc. Sounds like may do 50/50 split next season for Junior Cup semi finals for SJFA / clubs if voted through.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Two Loadsa guys chewing the breeze 

A synopsis of this thread as there is absolutely no grounding for any of it. Nothing will change, nor should it.

The ONLY aspect which needs sorted is to promote all tier 6 champions. QED.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Having watched part of it i wouldnt wish that on anyone.

Ach it's fine. Personally I have mixed feelings about these sort of things as they can tend to be a bit self indulgent (me, me, me) but find it hard to knock the guys who take time to do them. If nothing else, this one was topical.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Anyone want to try and summarise the video?

£14,000 to £18,000 is a lot of money. £19,000 is even more money. 

More social media, less 80 year old volunteers. 

Edited by Broomhill Ultra
And they are both reading this thread in real time.

15 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Interesting point in the Podcast I picked up was that Drumchapel lost money from South Challenge Cup despite winning it.

Scottish Junior Cup Finalists should earn at least £20,000 plus not including home games / hospitality etc. Sounds like may do 50/50 split next season for Junior Cup semi finals for SJFA / clubs if voted through.

They lost 2v1 to Spartans did they not?

12 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Ach it's fine. Personally I have mixed feelings about these sort of things as they can tend to be a bit self indulgent (me, me, me) but find it hard to knock the guys who take time to do them. If nothing else, this one was topical.

That was definitely how it came across. PG and Dak had a good product that came across a lot better. The talking to a camera whilst driving on a motor way bothered me. Dont think the guy maybe gets that when Corden did it he wasnt actually driving?

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

That was definitely how it came across. PG and Dak had a good product that came across a lot better. The talking to a camera whilst driving on a motor way bothered me. Dont think the guy maybe gets that when Corden did it he wasnt actually driving?

Tbf he was only driving for the 1st wee bit

If the SJFA wanted to take a slice of the gates to pay towards there guarantees then the games should have been held at a neutral venue were it wouldn't be coming out of the pockets of the teams who made the semis.

But now teams have to host games on there grounds and all costs associated with that and pay out 60% instead of these games been an extra bonus for them 

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Sounds like you're having a pop at a progressive and ambitious club who are just trying to do their best there or are Gartcairn now part of the Junior Illuminati as well?

Fans at this level (especially those from Talbot by the way) are notorious for being critical of artificially funded clubs but Gartcairn seem to escape most of the attention. Compare the jibes directed towards Johnstone Burgh and Darvel (and previously Irvine Meadow, Hurlford, Kilwinning, Bathgate etc) to the relative silence towards Gartcairn. At least it was mostly clear who was funding those clubs whereas all we've been told about Gartcairn is that the funders are a bunch of like-minded businessman in some sort of jolly business venture, investing in a club with no fans, while Airdrie and multiple other pre-existing clubs are a short distance away, all of  whom would have welcomed the cash injection.  

They are warping the financial landscape at this level just as much as those other clubs but there is a curious lack of conversation here about it. Maybe the source of the finances is legitimate but it rings alarm bells for me.

44 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Take a day off! 

PG and Dak fell under the same category for me. I wasn't sure if I enjoyed it or not and I struggled not to be catty (steady Bill) about it on here at the time.

Edited by jimbaxters