Junior Takeover

6 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Not going to lie, if entering the junior cup was made mandatory it would be funny as f**k purely for the tantrums on here.

Not prayer of it actually happening and neither should there be.

We’re raffling off places in the team for a charity match, id have us do the same for the junior cup if it was made mandatory, there’d be some excellent tantrums from the folks giving us grief. 

Have no feelings either way about any of the cup competitions.

But, surely any new or existing league management should be focused on pushing the SFA to open up licensing, negotiating with the LL to sort out pro/rel for the benefit of all, and ensuring the current WOS league setup is working for all 80 clubs.

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

We’re raffling off places in the team for a charity match, id have us do the same for the junior cup if it was made mandatory, there’d be some excellent tantrums from the folks giving us grief. 

I'm more interested in why a complete pie in the sky notion like this is actually being discussed on n the first place when it's never ever going to happen. 

It's becoming harder to distinguish the tongue in cheek from the downright hysterical on this topic. 

On 05/04/2024 at 22:58, GIRUU said:

Couldn’t agree more. He has been disrespectful to many a club over the years and this just sounds like a hostile takeover in all but name. Position of power in both camps? Surely somebody would stop that? Especially if he’s said the things that’s been said on here.

Maybe Alex can come on here (as he’s been outed as being on) and let us all know what he brings to the job apart from having a conflict of interests with pushing his Cup competition.

8 hours ago, wow-wee said:

I've got to agree with you I don t think you could force teams to play in another associations cup as the wosfl operates in the pyramid system under the sfa so I think they would have a say if this was a rule and also they have licenced member clubs within the west. If Alex were to get voted in as chairman which he or any person has a right to be put forward I don t think this plan if true will be forceful. If the West club's voted to go back under the sjfa banner for the West leagues then in my opinion they would need to form a new breakaway league as the wosfl belongs to the sfa within the pyramid system  and any new West league under the sjfa would not be recognised by the sfa therefore it would not be part of the pyramid.

I also think if that did happen and a new West league was formed for the juniors, any of those clubs who do break away, and I'm fine with that, I think the SFA would just tell them, even if your licensed in the new breakaway league you wont be eligible to enter the main Scottish Cup as your not part of the SFA pyramid /  associations or any of the cup competitions within the Pyramid associations .  Think that would be fair.

Would this make the WOSFL weaker, yip but the new west junior league would be weaker as some clubs, quite a few would not leave but stay where they are, so as the saying goes - united we stand, divided we fall

On 07/04/2024 at 18:55, GIRUU said:

I don’t understand that either. Someone who has went power mad in the juniors, doesn’t like the wos, but now wants to join the board? Something doesn’t smell right and can’t be for the good of all clubs.

Cumnock representative voted on?

14 minutes ago, glensmad said:

A club cannot gain or retain its Scottish FA Licence if it is not playing in a pyramid league. Licensed clubs sign a declaration of commitment to the pyramid.

Yip but its more that the winners of the Junior cup are not allowed to enter the Scottish cup the following year, even better if the Amateur cup winners still allowed to enter

The Junior Cup is slowly dying. When all their clubs were walking, the SJFA should have floated the Junior Cup as a catch-all non-league national trophy but they didn't because they couldn't run a bath.

7 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

The Junior Cup is slowly dying. When all their clubs were walking, the SJFA should have floated the Junior Cup as a catch-all non-league national trophy but they didn't because they couldn't run a bath.

Great comment coming from a club that doesn't have a bath, or a shower or a pitch to call their own.

6 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Great comment coming from a club that doesn't have a bath, or a shower or a pitch to call their own.

I'm a supporter of said club, not the club itself, not that any of it is remotely relevant to the comment I made.

8 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

I think that is what the SJFA actually did, however the pyramid league clubs who are not SJFA members don't really seem interested in that idea.

If it ever got to the stage where the SJFA were boasting about a crowd of 627 at a Final, then I'd say it time to pack up.

But hey, that's what we're all supposed to aspire towards. 

Playing in the Lowland League Cup Final in front of 627, aye that get's the juices flowing.

15 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

If it ever got to the stage where the SJFA were boasting about a crowd of 627 at a Final, then I'd say it time to pack up.

Playing in the Lowland League Cup Final in front of 627, aye that get's the juices flowing.

No actually its not. Its a 16 team cup competition for teams that already play each other twice a season.

The SCC is right there to have digs at.

Read a lot about the SJFA only having  a cup competition to worry about.

Dont they have 2 leagues in the pyramid system; would have thought this would be the SJFA's no.1 priority, running these 2 leagues to the benefit of the clubs. The SJC should be a secondary consideration for the SJFA.

It appears at times to be their only consideration.

23 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Tbf plenty of LL fans bitch about their LC and its worth. 

Same goes for the myriad of cups we have down here in the South.

Maybe should just ditch all cup competitions, they just seem to cause heartache to all involved.

10 hours ago, glensmad said:

A club cannot gain or retain its Scottish FA Licence if it is not playing in a pyramid league. Licensed clubs sign a declaration of commitment to the pyramid.

Stop being the voice of reason. 😉

Some folk need their conspiracies to get through the day.

6 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Tbf plenty of LL fans bitch about their LC and its worth. 

Same goes for the myriad of cups we have down here in the South.

Maybe should just ditch all cup competitions, they just seem to cause heartache to all involved.

It only causes heartache for Bankies. So that's a good enough reason for keeping it.

10 hours ago, glensmad said:

Aren't the East and North Juniors still part of the pyramid ?