Junior Takeover

17 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Was not from me.

Not my fault this loonball makes a fool of you many times over and thus you dislike me that much to try and put down whenever you can, especially when it goes against your narrative, that's your prerogative as you usually need your pals to lick your arse, opps i mean wounds for backing 😷

I said, the man in question said to me and others that, 'The pyramid is dead, The only real cup is the Junior cup and the SCC is weak/nonsense' and the reasoning behind it was false and trumpt up which I challenged him on it, in front of the others which he flapped.
I've no reason to make it up, all other accusations and proofs of other, similar things he has said is there for you to see from other posts on here and suppose it backs what I've said up but I don't need backed up as I was there listening to what he was saying to me and others.  I will say that he did not say to me or the others, 'I want teams to revert back to the juniors', there was no mention /  comments of any kind regarding that.  His comments were about the Pyramid, the Scottish junior cup and the Scottish Challenge Cup..  Sorry I never got a video to prove its fact but then again, i don't really care what you think 🤐

A lot of words wasted (some were even in English) if you don't care what I think. The loonball protesteth too much.

Edited by Shanner

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

If course it's not but the thread started off on a hysterical footing ("Junior Takeover" no less) and only got more absurd as it went on.

I'd be genuinely interested in facts but what we've had is a slew of made up quotes, fevered paranoid ramblings, and vague innuendo, all delivered with a liberal seasoning of petted lips and red dots.

There's no point in trying to have a good faith discussion when that's what you're faced with. 

I'm very much pro-pyramid but what this place has is a zealot fringe who just stamp their wee feet whenever there's any sort of deviation from their agenda. It's a debate that has long since died on its arse due to folk losing perspective of balance and reality due to their increasingly entrenched positions.

This place is a shitshow, no doubt about that, but the original point stands.  Junior takeover of the WoSFL? I guess only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

This place is a shitshow, no doubt about that, but the original point stands.  Junior takeover of the WoSFL? I guess only time will tell.

Show your workings then. Mon. 

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Common to feck Shanner,  that's a shit comeback, makes you look stupid, try something else 

Sorry for failing to live up to your expectations.😟

3 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Sorry for failing to live up to your expectations.😟

All you do is deflection, you know what deflection is, don't ya?

You never responded about the comments of the post expect for being personal again, thats all you do

Last time you said it was lies, because I said it, then others came out with posts from other posts, other apps  from comments he made but I'm the one making it up lolol

I said, the man in question said to me and others that, 'The pyramid is dead, The only real cup is the Junior cup and the SCC is weak/nonsense' and the reasoning behind it was false and trumpt up which I challenged him on it, in front of the others which he flapped.
I've no reason to make it up, all other accusations and proofs of other, similar things he has said is there for you to see from other posts on here and suppose it backs what I've said up but I don't need backed up as I was there listening to what he was saying to me and others.  I will say that he did not say to me or the others, 'I want teams to revert back to the juniors', there was no mention /  comments of any kind regarding that.  His comments were about the Pyramid, the Scottish junior cup and the Scottish Challenge Cup..  

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

All you do is deflection, you know what deflection is, don't ya?

You never responded about the comments of the post expect for being personal again, thats all you do

Last time you said it was lies, because I said it then others came out with posts from other posts, other apps  from comments he made but I'm the one making it up lolol

I've no reason to make it up, all other accusations and proofs of other, similar things he has said is there for you to see from other posts on here and suppose it backs what I've said up but I don't need backed up as I was there listening to what he was saying to me and others.  I will say that he did not say to me or the others, 'I want teams to revert back to the juniors', there was no mention /  comments of any kind regarding that.  His comments were about the Pyramid, the Scottish junior cup and the Scottish Challenge Cup..  

I think you've just wore me down. 

I also think you're a complete fantasist. 

14 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Show your workings then. Mon. 

CEO of the SJFA is nomintated for the role of Chairman of the WoSFL. Not only a conflict of interest but a very unusual move, undelined by the change in WoSFL rules to allow it to happen - ie board members can't be associated with any other association, apart from the SJFA.

Then there is talk of a proposal to make the SCC entry non-compulsory for WoS clubs with the Junior Cup taking precedence. Coincidence?

In light of that, it's reasonable to form an opinion that some people/clubs wouldn't be averse to rolling back the years in the west, and that this could be a first step.

Whether any of it happens remains to be seen of course, but it's all very......odd.

Have we even established whether he holds a position with a WoSFL club to even be a board member to begin with?

Edited by Burnieman

Just now, Shanner said:

I think you've just wore me down. 

I also think you're a complete fantasist. 

That's up to you, but if its fact, I'll say it is and I was there and challenged him on it.
I think making comments of  'return back to the juniors' is actually worse and more concerning, especially when this guy is added to the WOSFL committee than his comments to me and others about the pyramid, SJC and the SCC

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

CEO of the SJFA is nomintated for the role of Chairman of the WoSFL. Not only a conflict of interest but a very unusual move, undelined by the change in WoSFL rules to allow it to happen - ie board members can't be associated with any other association, apart from the SJFA.

Then there is talk of a proposal to make the SCC entry non-compulsory for WoS clubs with the Junior Cup taking precedence. Coincidence?

In light of that, it's reasonable to form an opinion that some people/clubs wouldn't be averse to rolling back the years in the west, and that this could be a first step.

Whether any of it happens remains to be seen of course, but it's all very......odd.

Have we even established whether he holds a position with a WoSFL club to even be a board member to begin with?

It sounds like ifs buts and mibbies are doing a lot of heavy lifting here but cheers for a normal reply. 

I think the guy should be chased if half the conjecture posted on this thread about him is true. 

We're only talking one guy here though so how much influence does he actually have? I have no clue how the power structure is set up but have presumed up to now that he's one blazer among many and probably something of an outlier in the grand scheme of things.

Just now, Shanner said:

It sounds like ifs buts and mibbies are doing a lot of heavy lifting here but cheers for a normal reply. 

I think the guy should be chased if half the conjecture posted on this thread about him is true. 

We're only talking one guy here though so how much influence does he actually have? I have no clue how the power structure is set up but have presumed up to now that he's one blazer among many and probably something of an outlier in the grand scheme of things.

Agree, he is only one blazer regardless of position.

However, why are clubs nominating him in the first place and why would clubs vote for him IF everyone is invested in making the Pyramid work first and foremost.

Why is he even on the WoSFL Board given the conflict of interest, and what club is he representing.

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

However, why are clubs nominating him in the first place and why would clubs vote for him IF everyone is invested in making the Pyramid work first and foremost.

Why is he even on the WoSFL Board given the conflict of interest, and what club is he representing.

He has ploughed quite a bit of money into Gartcairn and also the Junior FA.  I have been informed by a number of reliable sources

8 minutes ago, Shanner said:

We've seen a certain amount of board discretion used in the past in the way the 4th Division was set-up.

Plus, we know what happens when a delegate goes into working group representing conflicting interests. Its the whole reason the WoSFL exists. As the SJFA at the time wouldn't let the West Region enter the pyramid on its own while everything else was sorted out.

3 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

If I read that comment on Facebook, i'd probably take it as a tongue in cheek comment and not as the first marks of a dictatorship

The person concerned doesn’t make tongue in cheek comments, so it would have been genuine. There can only be one reason why someone would fight to get into wos committee, and then after 2 months in the door, then try and become head of wos as well. Ego or a desire to make the world better . . . . You decide!!

34 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I’m sure he had to remove himself from gartcairn as the boss man and the secretary couldn’t hold positions at clubs. They had to be independent of clubs.
But then he couldn’t be on the wos committee if that was the case. Unless he’s got the rules changed to suit him. Which seems to be a possibility from further up the thread. 
it would be good for wos and Sjfa to just stay separate with separate bosses or combine and do it together. This two shows and two bosses would not creates mischief and possibly two salaries. Doesn’t make sense. Maybe the sfa need to get involved?

7 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

I’m sure he had to remove himself from gartcairn as the boss man and the secretary couldn’t hold positions at clubs. They had to be independent of clubs.
But then he couldn’t be on the wos committee if that was the case. Unless he’s got the rules changed to suit him. Which seems to be a possibility from further up the thread. 
it would be good for wos and Sjfa to just stay separate with separate bosses or combine and do it together. This two shows and two bosses would not creates mischief and possibly two salaries. Doesn’t make sense. Maybe the sfa need to get involved?

He is still with Gartcairn

4 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

If I read that comment on Facebook, i'd probably take it as a tongue in cheek comment and not as the first marks of a dictatorship

Facebook! There's Talbot supporters to be assassinated for having a shite at Darvel because of Facebook. 

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

He has ploughed quite a bit of money into Gartcairn and also the Junior FA.  I have been informed by a number of reliable sources

That number being 0.