Junior Takeover

1 minute ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

What is the 60/40 split anyway? 

The semi final gates. The proceeds are - 40% to the home team and 60% to the SJFA. The explanation & justification for this being that they are allowing the participating clubs an extra game and that they'll make £5k from hospitality or they don't run their clubs professionally enough

2 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

The semi final gates. The proceeds are - 40% to the home team and 60% to the SJFA. The explanation & justification for this being that they are allowing the participating clubs an extra game and that they'll make £5k from hospitality or they don't run their clubs professionally enough

Thanks, explained at the A Gee Emm presumably? 

Edited by Broomhill Ultra

1 minute ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Thanks, explained at the A Gee Emm presumably? 

Assuming as much. Now over to Matt Bamford who will be doing his car share skit with Peter Kay ... Well it's all about the Social Medja and promoting the product innit ... Wonder if there will be fireworks 

5 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Surely that 60/40 issue leaves the SJFA massively open to suggestions that they stand to benefit directly from certain big teams getting to certain rounds of their competition? And operate at a loss if clubs with considerably smaller fan bases do. 

They'll say that the split is there to hedge against that. Could be a Gartcairn v St Cadocs semi for example

22 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Let's hope you don't shite any beds this weekend then or your season's looking pretty keech itself 

Too late, we already have. We deserve to be where we are and even making it to the Junior Cup final (which tbh I dont care about). Maybe a wrong and grumpy choice of words that I used but I am getting pretty sick with this view that only certain clubs in the West want promotion to the LL based upon fan comments and preconceived bias.

Just now, Arthurlie1981 said:

Too late, we already have. We deserve to be where we are and even making it to the Junior Cup final (which tbh I dont care about). Maybe a wrong and grumpy choice of words that I used but I am getting pretty sick with this view that only certain clubs in the West want promotion to the LL based upon fan comments and preconceived bias.

Well it was a bit ungracious tbh. I wish you all the best against the billionaires. 

4 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Well it was a bit ungracious tbh. I wish you all the best against the billionaires. 

Possibly, but wasn't aimed only at Bankies. Plenty of other clubs have done so this season either with very poor starts, poor middle of the seasons and poor end to a season like yourselves. 

ETA thanks for the best wishes.

Edited by Arthurlie1981

Just now, Arthurlie1981 said:

Possibly, but wasn't aimed only at Bankies. Plenty of other clubs have done so this season either with very poor starts, poor middle of the seasons and poor end to a season like yourselves. 

At end of day we lost by odd goal away to Beith, a late goal at home to Gartcairn who just spent £15k on a winger that morning and go's knows how much on his wages, a hugely disappointing- at the time - loss to Largs who have melted all in their path, and another late goal defeat away to Darvel who've still got a formidable squad. All results which taken individually are not hugely unexpected. We've come back with 1 loss in 4 but probably too late unless a few team actually DO shite the bed. 

13 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Surely that 60/40 issue leaves the SJFA massively open to suggestions that they stand to benefit directly from certain big teams getting to certain rounds of their competition? And operate at a loss if clubs with considerably smaller fan bases do. 

It's not much of an accusation unless you're implying that they are somehow manipulating the draw to ensure big teams get to the business end

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Who is the boy who runs this podcast? He looks like him off of Burnistoun and The Scotts.

Surprised he's not taken the Killiepio slot at Talbot. Making his way round the clubs - sellin the product 

33 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Who is the boy who runs this podcast? He looks like him off of Burnistoun and The Scotts.

boy paul adams social guy at drum, was at st cadocs last year 

33 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

McDowall is going to grow the crowds in the West but he can’t get anyone to go and watch Gartcairn despite spending ridiculous amounts of money on players?

Sounds like you're having a pop at a progressive and ambitious club who are just trying to do their best there or are Gartcairn now part of the Junior Illuminati as well?