Livingston v Aberdeen - 06/04/24

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

The pitch is shite ffs :lol: it’s not even a debate. Stop being so precious. 

Neither team deserved to win that though. 

Even if it is, everyone needs to get over them, they've been in the top flight for years now and still the same moans about them.

Totally agree with Hooch though, better teams complain about it being sticky, and not conducive to good football, slick passing to feet, shite teams complain about it being too slick (after all the rain we've had) as they can't pass it quickly to feet. Basically just an excuse to moan really, instead of just playing the conditions and getting on with it. Plenty grass pitches are shite just now and will give problems to teams playing on them, but the plastic ones constantly get moaned about.

What i'd like is an actual study then a debate before a vote on them, so anyone making these claims can either be backed up or made to look full of shite. i'm betting there would be a decent percentage of the latter for most of the claims about them. Oh and also have a like for like study for grass pitches, because they're getting a free pass here, when some of them are a lot worse.

Then maybe we could just have the chat about the football game and not constantly have these tedious plastic pitch topics coming up on match threads.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

29 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Better than anything on show at the Tony Mac today.

Cannot disagree with you on that one. Trouble is, it has not just been confined to the Tony Mac. The smell has followed us around all season. 

52 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Even if it is, everyone needs to get over them, they've been in the top flight for years now and still the same moans about them.

Totally agree with Hooch though, better teams complain about it being sticky, and not conducive to good football, slick passing to feet, shite teams complain about it being too slick (after all the rain we've had) as they can't pass it quickly to feet. Basically just an excuse to moan really, instead of just playing the conditions and getting on with it. Plenty grass pitches are shite just now and will give problems to teams playing on them, but the plastic ones constantly get moaned about.

What i'd like is an actual study then a debate before a vote on them, so anyone making these claims can either be backed up or made to look full of shite. i'm betting there would be a decent percentage of the latter for most of the claims about them. Oh and also have a like for like study for grass pitches, because they're getting a free pass here, when some of them are a lot worse.

Then maybe we could just have the chat about the football game and not constantly have these tedious plastic pitch topics coming up on match threads.

As far as I can see, nobody on here is slating artificial pitches today, just Livi’s. Not making any excuses for our poor showing today, we were just poor, but the surface was/is shocking. As a matter of interest, how many years has the Livi surface been in place?

53 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Lucky for you I’m not interested in an extended debate on the pitch either. I don’t advocate a ban or having a vote. I believe livi or anyone else have the right to have the pitch they want. 

But let’s not pretend livi wouldn’t choose a grass pitch if they had resources to sustain one or that it doesn’t have an impact on the game of football. It quite simply does. If we can all be grown up about that then we can say no more about it. 

On the game, I thought livi have actually regressed from our season opener. They looked very solid on that first game, even though we were poor, but today I thought there were definitely weaknesses to exploit, we were just far too shit to do it.

We did some ‘ok’ stuff in midfield in brief moments but overall it was just so poor. The amount of terrible quality passes, balls run out of play, poor touches were just unforgivable. 

Leven deserves credit for 7 points from 3 games but no one is under any illusions. 

Christ,Dons fans going on about the pitch, again.The offside goal aside,over the 90 mins would have been an injustice had Livi taken nothing from this.Off day for the sheep possibly,but they were at times there for the taking.Better teams would have put them to the sword.Not us.🤷‍♂️.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Turn on BBC Alba just now and you’ll see what a good artificial surface looks like. 

Said on twitter about how good the falkirk pitch looks. The livi pitch always looks like it’s soaking wet on tv.

reminds me of the old pitches at goals. Pouring the black small balls out your boots at the end of the game 

10 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Said on twitter about how good the falkirk pitch looks. The livi pitch always looks like it’s soaking wet on tv.

reminds me of the old pitches at goals. Pouring the black small balls out your boots at the end of the game 

I’ve heard the new Falkirk pitch has green pellets instead of black which definitely makes it look more natural. 

Did VAR even draw the lines for the offside goal? Sportscene saying they requested the pictures and were refused. Pretty fucking shady that they won’t show it. MacDonald looked on to me from the pictures and the pundits agreed it should have been a goal. 

1 hour ago, STFU_Donny said:

Did VAR even draw the lines for the offside goal? Sportscene saying they requested the pictures and were refused. Pretty fucking shady that they won’t show it. MacDonald looked on to me from the pictures and the pundits agreed it should have been a goal. 

If it's indeed true that the SFA declined to reveal the lines, that's shameful. From my perspective, it appears to be onside as well.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As far as I can see, nobody on here is slating artificial pitches today, just Livi’s. Not making any excuses for our poor showing today, we were just poor, but the surface was/is shocking. As a matter of interest, how many years has the Livi surface been in place?

Gets boring seeing it mentioned in every match thread, we laid it during pre season after winning the Premiership play offs, so that's 6 years it's been down. And it still gets rolled out on every match thread. In a way it's something to have that really annoys everyone, which is always funny, but ffs, you'd think you'd all get bored going on about it.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Sticky/ slick is irrelevant. The pitch is completely different to the rest of the league and it’s shit. The bounce is mad, the style of play required is different. 
Even Killie are ripping theirs up for grass, well done to them. 
Adios Livi, not hasta luego. 
Team of cloggers that are just happy to kill the game, from the first minute til the last. 

PS No. 24 likes a cake after his dessert I presume? 

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It looks like a pitch that’s about 10 years old & more suited to a boys club level. 

It’s a joke it’s in the top league.

Thankfully Livi & that pitch won’t be for in the Premiership for a while. 
They might actually “do an Accies” & get relegated again next year. 
Similar clubs. 

The 40mph gusts of wind were equally as culpable 

Wise up. We'll be playing on a far superior astro tomorrow morning.

2 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Sticky/ slick is irrelevant. The pitch is completely different to the rest of the league and it’s shit. The bounce is mad, the style of play required is different. 
Even Killie are ripping theirs up for grass, well done to them. 
Adios Livi, not hasta luego. 
Team of cloggers that are just happy to kill the game, from the first minute til the last. 

PS No. 24 likes a cake after his dessert I presume? 

See this is where your argument falls apart. No pitch is the same as every other pitch, St Johnstone's isn't the same as every other pitch, neither is Dundee's, even Celtic's pitch was criticized by their own manager, not long after he criticized ours. It's just generic nonsense and based on how they think ours looks.

Afaik plastic pitches have to pass an inspection every season, and be of Uefa standard, which ours obviously has, but there is no such standard grass pitches are required to be, maybe should have that in place then your opening line might hold water.  

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I’ve heard the new Falkirk pitch has green pellets instead of black which definitely makes it look more natural. 

Think that's the mistake we made with ours, Accies, Raith's and Livi's were done with the same company, the same season, and both of theirs had the green pellets, but i think they'd run out by the time they did ours, so we did it with black ones, and they really showed up with every kick of the ball. Aesthetically Raith's looks a lot better than ours too, but it's basically the same pitch.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lucky for you I’m not interested in an extended debate on the pitch either. I don’t advocate a ban or having a vote. I believe livi or anyone else have the right to have the pitch they want. 

But let’s not pretend livi wouldn’t choose a grass pitch if they had resources to sustain one or that it doesn’t have an impact on the game of football. It quite simply does. If we can all be grown up about that then we can say no more about it. 

On the game, I thought livi have actually regressed from our season opener. They looked very solid on that first game, even though we were poor, but today I thought there were definitely weaknesses to exploit, we were just far too shit to do it.

We did some ‘ok’ stuff in midfield in brief moments but overall it was just so poor. The amount of terrible quality passes, balls run out of play, poor touches were just unforgivable. 

Leven deserves credit for 7 points from 3 games but no one is under any illusions. 

Thing is, we got promoted on a grass pitch that cut up like a tattie field by this time of the season, and affected the way the ball rolled a lot worse than our plastic pitch does. There are a few pitches in the top flight a total mess just now too, so if people want to set a certain kind of standard for plastic pitches, they should be doing the same with grass pitches. 

Anyway, this subject is like getting into a Meadowbank/Livi debate with Vincent, it has been done to death and we end up just going over and over the exact same arguments. I completely respect people not liking them, but a lot of their reasons for doing so don't stack up when looked at properly. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think that's the mistake we made with ours, Accies, Raith's and Livi's were done with the same company, the same season, and both of theirs had the green pellets, but i think they'd run out by the time they did ours, so we did it with black ones, and they really showed up with every kick of the ball. Aesthetically Raith's looks a lot better than ours too, but it's basically the same pitch.

No it’s definitely not! My boy has played on both pitches multiple times, and there is no way there can be a comparison, the Livvy pitch is definitely worse than East Fifes and I won’t start rating it against local council/ school pitches but it wouldn’t score highly