Livingston v Aberdeen - 06/04/24

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I'm sure the wind is contributing, but Livi finding it easier to keep possession than we are, as usual. The surface is so fast that any pass has to be directly to feet or the ball just sails away and out of play. No friction in this pitch whatsoever. 

Is that the same pitch that Celtic complained was "too sticky" and that the ball didn't move too well on it? Hmmm methinks nobody knows why they don't like the artificial surface

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Is that the same pitch that Celtic complained was "too sticky" and that the ball didn't move too well on it? Hmmm methinks nobody knows why they don't like the artificial surface

They need to have a meeting to decide what the problem with plastic pitches is.

Plastic pitch being the reason for heavy wind is a new one though, fair play. 

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

They need to have a meeting to decide what the problem with plastic pitches is.

Plastic pitch being the reason for heavy wind is a new one though, fair play. 

Your pitch is poor and won’t be missed,I will however miss my trips to Livi ☹️

13 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

It's absolutely not a good point. There's no good points about it.

Oh the system here is not good, no argument. But offside being accurate is a good point.

Thankfully another game closer to the end of this terrible season.

11 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I couldn’t care less what Celtic said last week, I watched the game today and, as I said, there was no friction in the pitch. If the ball wasn’t passed directly to feet, no player had a chance of getting the ball.

We were really poor today, which was epitomised by Duk, who should probably have been subbed about 10 minutes after coming on. Livi were able to pass the ball about and pick up second balls, without creating very much, which we were unable to do 90% of the time. Roos still can’t catch a cross. We had a very strong wind in our favour second half, and had one long range shot. I know it’s a bit simplistic, but at least have a few efforts from distance to test out the keeper. Disappointing yet again. It’s an awful feeling to look for Ross County to be losing today. 

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The pitch is shite ffs :lol: it’s not even a debate. Stop being so precious. 

Neither team deserved to win that though. 

It will be at a level it should be at soon.

How anyone can defend it is beyond me.

It’s an embarrassment.

But, it’s not 100% to blame for that shitshow of a game.

Thankfully we won’t be back any time soon. 

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

It will be at a level it should be at soon.

How anyone can defend it is beyond me.

It’s an embarrassment.

But, it’s not 100% to blame for that shitshow of a game.

Thankfully we won’t be back any time soon. 

It’s not a reason for why we didn’t win, but the pitch undoubtedly had a major influence on the match being pretty shit. That’s not even up for debate. I’m sure that there are decent artificial pitches out there, Rugby Park isn’t too bad, but Livi’s is really poor.

39 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

It's absolutely not a good point. There's no good points about it.

Worst thing to happen to the game in my lifetime. Thankfully we didn’t have much to play for today but it has taken all the enjoyment out of attending games for me. Decision not to go justified.

The last three games have confirmed to me that there isn't much at all between us and any team from about Motherwell downwards, even Livingston although they are obviously a bit adrift points-wise.

We are a very bad team, unbalanced and poorly coached, but thankfully have a little bit more individual quality that we have fleetingly been able to utilise at least the two games before today. Our laughable off-field incompetence and the ridiculous managerial circus obviously hasn't helped matters, but there can be no doubt at all now that the league position is a fair reflection of this group.

What a mess Dave is making of this. 

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It’s not a reason for why we didn’t win, but the pitch undoubtedly had a major influence on the match being pretty shit. That’s not even up for debate. I’m sure that there are decent artificial pitches out there, Rugby Park isn’t too bad, but Livi’s is really poor.

It looks like a pitch that’s about 10 years old & more suited to a boys club level. 

It’s a joke it’s in the top league.

Thankfully Livi & that pitch won’t be for in the Premiership for a while. 
They might actually “do an Accies” & get relegated again next year. 
Similar clubs. 

The 40mph gusts of wind were equally as culpable 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Livi commentary was brutal.

That is all.

Not as brutal as sitting watching it.

Maybe The weather means I'm being unfair but basically it looked like two teams without any premiership quality at all.

The difference is next season Aberdeen will have a new manager who will be building a new team; we will have Martindale.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Livi commentary was brutal.

That is all.

Try listening to RedTV. I listened to the Livi commentary today and it was fine.