Ayr ⚫⚪ vs Morton 🔵⚪ - 09/04/24

A win here plus another for us would most likely see us safe. Would take a draw though provided we win on Saturday.

Clarke 

Stanger Sanders McGinty McAllister

Chalmers Dempsey Smith Murphy

Dowds Willoughby

If no one is back from injury for us we should hopefully put out something like this, although hopefully one of Syla and McHugh is OK.

McKenzie and Willoughby seemingly going into midfield on Saturday worries me if McGugh or Syla aren’t back. Smith the natural midfielder and Tomlinson who has played there previously never got a sniff to come and play there. Don’t want to rush either injured players back and aggravate any niggles. Would be happy enough with the 11 above, but don’t see both Bryden and McKenzie dropping out. 

The performance and result from yesterday along with the fact that Ayr seem to be sticking us in the stand may have an effect on our travelling support.

Play-offs all but gone, but we really need a win to avoid slipping down the table and instead leave us with a handful of dead rubbers.

Need to see some big changes here, there are players who simply can't keep their places after such a riot of a performance. O'Connor back in is essential, preferably for Broadfoot but I'd settle for French being the one to drop out, either way we can't have the two of them in the defence and get away with it. Gillespie in for Power is a no-brainer after the latter's recent form.

If Wilson's fit to start there's a decent argument for the midfield three being Gillespie, Blues & Wilson, but wouldn't be averse to Blues going back out wide although that would mean Crawford keeping his place despite not having had a good game in two months. Muirhead should be dropped as well, whether that's for Wilson with Blues going out wide or Garrity/Quitongo coming in.

Muirhead and Crawford will always play well against us regardless of form so I’d be quite happy if they were dropped. 

We really need to hope McHugh or Syla are able to play here. I’d be starting Willoughby as well in place of McKenzie. We’re at home and a win makes us pretty much safe so I’d be really going at them here. 

Should be a bit more interesting with Brown in charge now to see what he's got up his sleeve against this lot. Not that I'm expecting a win but I'm less confident of a defeat for this than I have been any of the other times we've played you this season.

Would love 3 points here to drag us away from any 9th place worry and then write this season off as another that showed quite a bit of promise then quickly turned into mid table mediocrity again. 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

This game surely to f**k marks the end of Fraser Bryden starting games out wide, it has largely been painful to watch. 

Logan Chalmers starts or we riot.

As this is just about home travel distance for me might hold getting a ticket until team lines are out and Broadfoot is confirmed as a sub.

Then again we have the ticket allocation, while in recent years I have happily sat in the stand will need to get there early to get a seat with a view.

Oh the dilemma of following the Ton.

In reality we need to accept getting 5th is a decent outcome so 3pts needed here. I don't get to pick the team but other than know it needs new legs so time to bench Broadfoot, Power and Crawford.

34 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

As this is just about home travel distance for me might hold getting a ticket until team lines are out and Broadfoot is confirmed as a sub.

Then again we have the ticket allocation, while in recent years I have happily sat in the stand will need to get there early to get a seat with a view.

Oh the dilemma of following the Ton.

In reality we need to accept getting 5th is a decent outcome so 3pts needed here. I don't get to pick the team but other than know it needs new legs so time to bench Broadfoot, Power and Crawford.

Please bench Broadfoot. Dowds always struggles against experienced centre halfs. 

Really not bothered about this. Not particularly annoyed, but I've come to accept we just don't have a playoff-level team this season which is OK as long we don't crash into 9th place somehow. Disappointing to let go of the big gap we had opened up but we are where we are and deservedly so. Bit of rain will probably be enough to convince me to stay in the house. Any shout of PPV?

3 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Really not bothered about this. Not particularly annoyed, but I've come to accept we just don't have a playoff-level team this season which is OK as long we don't crash into 9th place somehow. Disappointing to let go of the big gap we had opened up but we are where we are and deservedly so. Bit of rain will probably be enough to convince me to stay in the house. Any shout of PPV?

Most likely yes. Will probably be announced later today or tomorrow.

We still need another win to make sure we don't get sucked in the wrong direction; would be nice to get it here, but I'm not holding my breath.

Imrie picked the team most people would have gone with on Saturday (deciding which of Broadfoot or French not to drop is one for King Solomon), and we were woeful by all accounts. No idea what the right answer is here, but he surely can't keep picking the same guys in the same positions regardless of results and performances... O'Connor, Gillespie, and Quitongo, at least, must be worth a start.

It's been a massively frustrating season and watching Ayr go above us would just about top it off... for now, at least.

43 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

You’re a classy guy Dougie..

That is really embarrassing- should have kept his energy for his team on the park!- these are dangerous times-re our new hate crime legislation-he is lucky  the Police will be too busy with the ugly sisters game  yesterday -😂😂😂

Edited by Its not only a game