Queen's Park 🕷🕸 v 🔴🔵 The Caley

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I am emptying my bank account and putting it all on Cillian Sheridan scoring 

For Caley by all accounts Sheridan was as convincing a football player as a merkin is on a bald fanny.

Edited by SandyCromarty

7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

For Caley by all accounts Sheridan was as convincing a football player as a merkin is on a bald fanny.

He has been a revelation.  Three goals and three assists since he joined us. And in most games he didn't play 90mins. Cheers Dunc!

Edited by Stuntiethumper

8 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

49 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

He has been a revelation.  Three goals and three assists since he joined us. And in most games he didn't play 90mins. Cheers Dunc!

Sure this will have been covered before, so apologies... but why were Sheridan and Welsh allowed to leave? You surely don't allow anyone to go to a direct relegation rival, even if you think they're hopeless. It's so hard to get any players in January that you're taking a seemingly needless chance that you're going to help out another team that could relegate you. Sheridan has played at a higher level his whole career and Welsh is a good player, it wasn't that unlikely that they'd both do a good job for QP for a few months.

Obviously if ICT stay up Ferguson can claim it was the right thing to do, but just seemed strange.

15 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Sure this will have been covered before, so apologies... but why were Sheridan and Welsh allowed to leave? You surely don't allow anyone to go to a direct relegation rival, even if you think they're hopeless. It's so hard to get any players in January that you're taking a seemingly needless chance that you're going to help out another team that could relegate you. Sheridan has played at a higher level his whole career and Welsh is a good player, it wasn't that unlikely that they'd both do a good job for QP for a few months.

Obviously if ICT stay up Ferguson can claim it was the right thing to do, but just seemed strange.

Yes Welsh and Sheridan have pulled you out of the shit and now you sit at the top of the league, oh hold on, I got that very wrong another wee keek at the league shows you're one point ahead of us.

And you're right Sheridan has played at an extremely high level and at his 16 career teams he's played at the following;

Apoel

Omonia

Jagiellonia  Bialystok

Wellington Phoenix

Ironi Kiryat Shmona

23 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Yes Welsh and Sheridan have pulled you out of the shit and now you sit at the top of the league, oh hold on, I got that very wrong another wee keek at the league shows you're one point ahead of us.

You're replying to an Airdrie fan.

To be clear though, we'd be several points behind you without Welsh and Sheridan's contributions since they joined.

Edited by Zanetti

13 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

To be clear though, we'd be several points behind you without Sheridan's contributions since he joined.

How are we to keep up? 

Life is hard enough without confusing monikers like @Diamonds are Forever

7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

And you're right Sheridan has played at an extremely high level and at his 16 career teams he's played at the following;

Apoel

Omonia

Jagiellonia  Bialystok

Wellington Phoenix

Ironi Kiryat Shmona

Indeed, all these clubs play at a higher level than the Scottish Championship, with apart from WP have the possibility of European Competition and play in front of much bigger crowds. Probably even in leagues where the quality is better than all our top flight clubs bar Rangers and Celtic.

Sheridan is probably at the smallest club now in his career and at the lowest level. All clubs you mention are far bigger than Caley Th, so Caley second smallest.

I would guess that Sheridan would probably move onto another club in the summer, if he stays in Scotland I would think he would remain in the Glasgow or Cental area and play in the Championship.

Sheridan was on a short term deal and didn’t perform at all well at any point in his time with us, including games against Cowdenbeath. He was released at the end of his deal and was then picked up by QP where he seems to have picked up. We just didn’t really play to what I presume are his strengths. We play a pretty negative, possession based style.

Welsh was going to leave at the end of the season and the decision presumably was made to let him go early and save on wages. He was often injured but it’s clear that he was still a valuable player, particularly as we’ve since lost McAllister and Gilmour to injury and had Carson leave as well.

It's not unusual for a player to perform poorly at one club and then look like a world beater when they move somewhere else. We've seen that enough with players rocking up at ICT who have been jokers elsewhere and we've turned them into pretty decent performers.

It would not surprise me if Sheridan had been sold on coming to Inverness by Gardiner and Dodds and then realised he'd been done and 'wtf have I just walked into???'

At least with Queen's Park they are a less of shambles of a club and team spirit actually exists.

43 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

It would not surprise me if Sheridan had been sold on coming to Inverness by Gardiner and Dodds and then realised he'd been done and 'wtf have I just walked into???'

He signed over a month after Dodds had left 

5 hours ago, scottbamby said:

I’m contemplating pulling a sickie from work to come to this, purely to boo f**k out of Cillian Sheridan.

Superb effort. Please do come. It will spur him on no end.

5 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Superb effort. Please do come. It will spur him on no end.

He seems like quite a likeable bloke. His style of play was never going to suit Duncball, where we never actually put the ball into the box, so it’s not all his fault he was so bad for us.

Which just makes me want to boo him more

As the week goes on getting more and more nervous about this one, especially on the back of the two worst performances we’ve had since Callum Davidson was appointed.

Badly missing Dom Thomas and we seem to have gone back to the Veldman method of defending crosses.

Hoping it’s just my natural QP pessimism kicking in but seriously have the fear for this. The prospect of dropping below ICT in the table before hitting the road to Dunfermline, who seem on a good run, followed by an Arbroath side who will have no pressure on them as they’ll already be down, does not sit well with me.

Top that off with a final game against Airdrie who we NEVER beat.

For me Saturday is massive and a must win.

I agree. Despite the arithmetic Saturday is our season. If we have Dom available we have a decent chance. Get Thomson into midfield, play Turner further up if we play him at all and choose two of three CBs Fox and Wilson along with Robson. Paton and Sheridan to start up front. All that said if we don't have Thomas we are screwed.

If I was going to rank our last six fixtures in terms of being least likely to win, it’d have been the last two. We just can’t play Morton and United, despite their flaws, are the best team in the division.

We’ve beaten Inverness twice, Dunfermline twice and Arbroath three times. It’s in our hands and we need to go out and play with the intensity that we’ve shown for most of the games Davidson has been here for. Thomas has been a huge miss, so we’ll hopefully have him back. We know we’re good enough to get the results, so it’s time to step up and play with bravery and conviction. 

I do fancy the Championship side, whoever it is, to win the playoff. I’d prefer not to test that theory out on us, though. 

On 07/04/2024 at 23:15, Zanetti said:

To be clear though, we'd be several points behind you without Welsh and Sheridan's contributions since they joined.

Aye a wee mistake there but anyways you got the gist of my post, and though Sheridan was an utter failure up here I'm sure he'll be going all out to score against us but I'm hopeful of a good Caley win.