Queen's Park 🕷🕸 v 🔴🔵 The Caley

15 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I agree. Despite the arithmetic Saturday is our season. If we have Dom available we have a decent chance. Get Thomson into midfield, play Turner further up if we play him at all and choose two of three CBs Fox and Wilson along with Robson. Paton and Sheridan to start up front. All that said if we don't have Thomas we are screwed.

I agree completly, but if he goes for Bannon he must play him on the right side of the back three and not the left.

10 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I agree completly, but if he goes for Bannon he must play him on the right side of the back three and not the left.

Just read the report on the game against Thistle in the Glasgow Cup and from what I read Williamson had a very good game. Time to bring him on Saturday when the big Irishmans legs go. 

Well, the QP supporter pessimism was reaching fever-stage last week, but now beginning to be quietly optimistic, however would dearly love to see less caution from Davidson and change his philosophy ever so slightly in order to get our best eleven, (and therefore chance of a win), on the pitch at the same time.

Despite having Danny Wilson as part of a back three, we seem, as others have mentioned, to be back into a period of being unable to defend crosses.  The last game showed how isolated one wide player could become with United doubling up on both Longridge, (who looked far more settled when moved back into the middle) and Scott.

The dilemma facing Davidson is how to get the best out of his attacking options in Paton, Sheridan, Turner and especially Thomas, whilst also playing his preferred three at the back, which imho doesn't suit either Thomas or indeed, Robson, who is still, arguably, our best (on paper) LB.  Turner gets better the further forward he is and Thomas (if fit), needs to be on the left.  McKinstry has surely played himself back to the bench as I cannot see him, however good he might be in training, being given yet another opportunity to show case missed placed passes and general lethargy.  Whatever happens, the time for caution has probably passed and with Dunfermline and Arbroath trips coming up and an inferior GD to ICT, we need a win.

Given all this I'd like to see CD ditching the back three and going back to a back four.  Thomas in front of Robson on the left, (it's worked before, several times) and Turner and Scott on the right.  Depending on fitness, it'd be good too see the effect playing with Danny Wilson would have on Fox, which would allow Thomson to return to midfield, beside/in front of Welsh and Paton and Sheridan up front.  

2 hours ago, Sonam said:

Is there any way to watch this match?

Currently sick, bored, it should have been on BBC Alba FFS!

Nach biodh e sgoinneil nam biodh e air!!!

Although as previously discussed, I would bet the croft on Sheridan coming back to haunt us....

The fixture back in December was probably the nadir of the season for me, (and given what went before and some that's come after, that's pretty impressive stuff).  Even big Dunc's red card and the fact that Veldman evidently had his suitcase in the dug out with him didn't make it any more enjoyable.  Wet and windy forecast again, hoping DT is back and we can reverse that previous result.....4-1 to QP, minimum of 7pts in the remaining fixtures and we can forget this season ever happened!

A bit of excitement and a bit of worry going in to this one. Hope Dom is fit as he adds a lot to the team. Welsh and Sheridan maybe have a point to p[rove hear but I hope they don't get over enthusiastic.  

Come ont he QP!

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

It’s got to be five at the back, as usual with the three centre backs starting. Duffy and Harper as wing backs and Kerr next to Anderson in the middle but as for the rest I don’t have a bloody clue what it’s going to look like.

Forgive me if I’m being an idiot, but we’ve only Devine and Boyes as centre halves? If Duffys a wing back

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Forgive me if I’m being an idiot, but we’ve only Devine and Boyes as centre halves? If Duffys a wing back

No, I’m being the idiot. We’ve only the two centre backs!

Ill guess 4–4-2. Duffy Devine Boyes and Harper at the back. Kerr Anderson Doran and Longstaff in the midfield with Samuel and Billy up top.

Edited by PB1994

5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

No, I’m being the idiot. We’ve only the two centre backs!

Ill guess 4–4-2. Duffy Devine Boyes and Harper at the back. Kerr Anderson Doran and Longstaff in the midfield with Samuel and Billy up top.

Fair, unless Kerr’s back to wing back and Duffy’s into centre back. 
A midfield 3 of Anderson, Longstaff and Doran

Once it’s kicked off, if someone at the game can confirm the formation that would be lovely