Rovers v Airdrie - Tuesday 09/04

5 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

We’re just so easy to defend against when we have two full backs who don’t get forward.

Add in a slow, ponderous build up, and a weird decision to retreat when Airdrie had possession rather than press, and it made for an absolutely disastrous first half. 

Once we abandoned that and pushed right up it made a world of difference, but ultimately we’ve scored two goals v Airdrie in five games this season, which is atrocious.

Anton Dowds has managed six against them on his own. 

I’ve liked James Brown since he’s came in but time to get McGill in at right back.

What a night what a season what a team!!! So many highlights this season, the Raith fans being ushered away on the street by the police after the 3rd went in is another one to add to the collection this season, hope they enjoy school tomorrow🤣

3 hours ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

You all hated my comment, looks like boss man agrees with me , I'll be back here later to give you all a wee tip of the hat when we win 😉 

Honestly wonder what some of you watch on a Saturday, cause it's certainly no what's been played in front of you. 

Said it all season, 5 man midfield with grit. This isn't a game for a playmaker, it's a game to stamp authority on and try and control. 

Vaughan isn't superman, he's a good player for sure but sometimes having your good players come off the bench is actually tactically better than starting them. 

You sure told them. 

I doth my hat to you. ♦️😎♦️

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

Didn’t have us down as taking all 3 points for this one so feel like a bit of a traitor to the lads! 😂

Well done Frizz for an outstanding double - the whole team deserve big plaudits.  Feel like we’re 90 mins away from pretty much securing playoff football.  If Raith do us a favour this weekend and we beat Dunfermline it will be game on for the following weekend against Plastic Whistle.  Absolutely loving this season, lots to play for in the last few weeks 

19 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Not seriously surprised at this result.They beat us last Saturday by the same score.

The difference here though is Raith were at home.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the them jump Partick.

Well it's over to you guys to try to keep the slim hopes we have, and the title race alive, by turning up and turning over United on Friday  🤞

14 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

What a night what a season what a team!!! So many highlights this season, the Raith fans being ushered away on the street by the police after the 3rd went in is another one to add to the collection this season, hope they enjoy school tomorrow🤣

It's the Easter holidays.... 😉

4 minutes ago, embow said:

Well it's over to you guys to try to keep the slim hopes we have, and the title race alive, by turning up and turning over United on Friday  🤞

You do realise we also have a home game against you guys as well right?

That was a good laugh, eh?

Apart from a wee 5 minute spell after Raith scored I didn’t really feel in danger. Seen it all before from Murray, chuck as many forwards on as he can and hope one of them does something. I guess that’s where our 3/5 at the back nullifies it ever so slightly.

Thought our full XI were all class tonight. Dictated the play really well, didn’t get flustered when Raith did decide to press.

Mental that Murray has done more for us this season than he ever did for us in League One.

I wish Murray would play his strongest 11 and stop chopping and changing the starting line up. Get Murray back in along side Watson and punt Brown back in the Midfield . Didn’t understand why he played Byrne and Mathews together too similar IMO would have been better having one of them with Turner playing along side also Hamilton stranded up top on his own again . Don’t get why Connolly is getting played on the right why not on the left ? Teams now know he has to turn back onto his left foot. Very disappointing 1st half which left us to much to do 2nd half hopefully tonight’s result doesn’t effect the team too much for the Partick game and get the 2nd spot wrapped up with a win 

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Aye but they'll skelp your dirty hoofball merchants. 

Mate... this is the Championship.

I wouldnt get too cocky if I were you.

39 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

You referred to me and another as "pitiful" fans for having a differing opinion than you. Are you alright in the napper?

I referred to you both as pitiful for your abusive (IMO) description of a player, not for a different opinion. 

15 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

You do realise we also have a home game against you guys as well right?

We'll tackle that when it comes along. Just get the job done on Friday and we'll see what happens next. 

Airdrie deserved the points despite our second half pressing the panic button. They play attractive football and McCabe clearly has Murray outclassed tactically. Just need to regroup, make sure of second and prepare for the play-offs. Not confident though as we are poor defensively and a few minutes of madness like tonight and it’s game over. Fucking Rovers eh.