Meh-tov and Sidib-meh versus Kilmarnock 13/4/24

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Mannus-Mitov-------Clownshoes.

I find Clark hard as when he was good he was very good, then you have that 18 month spell where he was awful.

It's old ground but the the Zander Clark we had between about this time 2021 and him leaving was very, very different to the guy in goals for the 18 months or so before that, where he reached Graeme Smith levels of ineptitude.

Mitov is right up there for me and the only reason he won't be spoken about in the long-term is because he'll only be here for a maximum of two seasons.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think I'd already have Mitov near Clarks level tbh, but I don't know if that's just recency bias. If anything Mitov might be better as he seems better at collecting crosses than Clark did and Clarks kicking was inconsistent too.

I think I'd still have Mannus over both, and not sure where I'd have Main as the two spells for him felt like different levels?

Well apart from his final season and finding some form ,Clark was average/shite. 

Mitov is much more promising. Especially if he can keep it up. 

24 minutes ago, Fide said:

Enjoy him while you can lads. Us rural teams aren't allowed good players for long. 

We might get lucky due to Football Manager making everyone think a 28yo (his age when his contract expires) is old, but I doubt it. 

I think when you are judging a player's spell at a club and somehow discounting, or mitigating, an 18 month spell of complete shiteness, because he was decent in some of the other seasons is madness. Clark is a competent keeper at this level, no more no less. Scotland keeper at a major tournament? If that somehow was to happen we're fucked, absolutely fucked.

Nice shiny floor in his living room though.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

I think when you are judging a player's spell at a club and somehow discounting, or mitigating, an 18 month spell of complete shiteness, because he was decent in some of the other seasons is madness. Clark is a competent keeper at this level, no more no less. Scotland keeper at a major tournament? If that somehow was to happen we're fucked, absolutely fucked.

Nice shiny floor in his living room though.

I think he was really, really, good either side of that spell though, so it's really ~4 years of thinking he was great and ~2 years of thinking he was awful. 

Mannus always felt consistently great which is why he's clear for me. Mitov just hasn't matched the longevity of good yet that has him equal-ish for me, it might all go to shit at some point (I don't think it will, hes had poor games this season and it wasnt even that bad).

On 11/04/2024 at 13:06, C4mmy31 said:

4 centre backs

Mitov to me has Manus-esqe qualities. Looks solid enough at crosses, great reaction shot-stopper, intense focus, acceptable beard.

Zander only ticked one of those boxes for me.

Anyway I'm just about drunk enough to be very confident about tomorrow.

0-0

11 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Mitov to me has Manus-esqe qualities. Looks solid enough at crosses, great reaction shot-stopper, intense focus, acceptable beard.

Zander only ticked one of those boxes for me.

Anyway I'm just about drunk enough to be very confident about tomorrow.

0-0

The only certainty about tomorrow is Mitov having a stinker.

Apparently there will be PATG for away fans tomorrow, but it will be cash only so no cards/contactless.

I managed to get a ticket for tomorrow. My first visit to McDiarmid, how is parking near the stadium? I don't mind walking the length of myself and I'm not the kind of person to block some poor buggers driveway.

46 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I managed to get a ticket for tomorrow. My first visit to McDiarmid, how is parking near the stadium? I don't mind walking the length of myself and I'm not the kind of person to block some poor buggers driveway.

Your best bet is to park on Strathtay Avenue or surrounding streets which is pretty much just over the road from the ground (cutting through either an old car garage or paths). Heading out, best route is to go back up Newhouse Road and head for broxden roundabout that way.

There is parking at McDiarmid itself for £5, but you'll still be trying to get out if the car park well after half an hour after the game is done. 

3 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Your best bet is to park on Strathtay Avenue or surrounding streets which is pretty much just over the road from the ground (cutting through either an old car garage or paths). Heading out, best route is to go back up Newhouse Road and head for broxden roundabout that way.

There is parking at McDiarmid itself for £5, but you'll still be trying to get out if the car park well after half an hour after the game is done. 

Cheers - my 8 year old didn't know where St Johnstone played, and I made the schoolboy error of telling him it was near the services we stopped at on the way to Pittodrie.

First thing he asked was 'Can we go to McDonalds for dinner?' 😂

Looking at the map your recommendation suits! I live near Rugby Park and they've just introduced match day restrictions so I wanted to make sure there was none of that.

2 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Cheers - my 8 year old didn't know where St Johnstone played, and I made the schoolboy error of telling him it was near the services we stopped at on the way to Pittodrie.

First thing he asked was 'Can we go to McDonalds for dinner?' 😂

Looking at the map your recommendation suits! I live near Rugby Park and they've just introduced match day restrictions so I wanted to make sure there was none of that.

No worries. Shouldn't be any restrictions as far as I know, although you could tell a white lie and say there is at the McDonalds! 🤣

Muirton suite under the main stand is child friendly and is for home and away fans pre match. 

Same referee as the one who took charge of our 2-1 win in the same game in November...

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think I'd already have Mitov near Clarks level tbh, but I don't know if that's just recency bias. If anything Mitov might be better as he seems better at collecting crosses than Clark did and Clarks kicking was inconsistent too.

I think I'd still have Mannus over both, and not sure where I'd have Main as the two spells for him felt like different levels?

Clark was good. 

Mitov is very good. 

Mannus was excellent. 

Main in his first spell is the best I've seen at Saints. 

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

Clark was good. 

Mitov is very good. 

Mannus was excellent. 

Main in his first spell is the best I've seen at Saints. 

Was that St Mirren game that they keep going on about in his first spell?

If so I agree, he was brilliant in his first spell.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Same referee as the one who took charge of our 2-1 win in the same game in November...

Most heads gone moment of mt season, last time we were away to St J.

Red card foul in front of me. Out my seat fucking screaming. Ref doesn't give it. Goes to VAR. I'm going bush that he needs var. Gives the red. I spend the next few minutes losing the plot at the guy that he needed var to give it. 

Cue my boy saying to me, "dad calm down - he sent him off!"

Caught myself at that moment and sat back down. 

I'm sure we all have those moments but I honestly lost it for a second 🤣

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is it the same linesman that flagged the never-at-any-point-in-the-play-was-he-offside-Nicky-Clark offside?

25 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Most heads gone moment of mt season, last time we were away to St J.

Red card foul in front of me. Out my seat fucking screaming. Ref doesn't give it. Goes to VAR. I'm going bush that he needs var. Gives the red. I spend the next few minutes losing the plot at the guy that he needed var to give it. 

Cue my boy saying to me, "dad calm down - he sent him off!"

Caught myself at that moment and sat back down. 

I'm sure we all have those moments but I honestly lost it for a second 🤣

Sounds like your boy is more calm than you are lol