Airdrie v Dunfermline

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Well that was fucking delightful. Another dominant display, another team whose fans think they are better than us dispatched of. 

March on, March on, don't be afraid. ♦️

To be fair, they had our number last season and we have struggled against them this season. However, we are finding form at the right time and our current formation seems to suit us. You never know. Next week will give us an idea

Airdrie the much better team today and last time we played. Thoroughly deserved both victories and their playoff spot. Credit to McCabe for the job he’s done there in the last 2 years.

Regarding the Benedictus challenge, happened right in front of us and Bene got a solid foot onto the ball, was an absolutely fantastic challenge. But can see why it probably looked a pen from the other side.

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Airdrie the much better team today and last time we played. Thoroughly deserved both victories and their playoff spot. Credit to McCabe for the job he’s done there in the last 2 years.

Regarding the Benedictus challenge, happened right in front of us and Bene got a solid foot onto the ball, was an absolutely fantastic challenge. But can see why it probably looked a pen from the other side.

Looked like a pen on the stream but yous would have had a much better view of it as the camera angle wasn’t great.

There won’t be any gloating from me. Dunfermline fans could have slaughtered us after their domination last season but chose to slag Falkirk instead even though they finished above us.

That is something that I will always respect.

37 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Looked like a pen on the stream but yous would have had a much better view of it as the camera angle wasn’t great.

There won’t be any gloating from me. Dunfermline fans could have slaughtered us after their domination last season but chose to slag Falkirk instead even though they finished above us.

That is something that I will always respect.

TBF given the choice to do absolutely anything or slag off Falkirk, slagging off Falkirk is the only reasonable choice, it feels like cheating to take praise for that 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Felt we dominated the first half and deserved to get ahead. In some ways the corner kick being windy affected ,changed to a different yet successful chance

It was well rattled home by Dean McMaster for , I think, his first senior goal and birthday delight.

We'd loads of chances but I was relieved at going ahead. Felt that Chalmers did little in that half and was not surprised to see those changes. I'll credit the wind as well for that equaliser, rather than blame anyone. It might have been a concern but getting ahead again so quickly , let me relax a wee bit.

Be interesting to see the Benedictus challenge on highlights and I was howling for a penalty. Maybe the view from behind the goal was clearer but did any Pars fan think it was a foul or a wonderful Tom Forsyth type recovery? 

It could have been a draw but for our goalie making a good save, but being nine points clear should surely seal the play off spot. 

Now for a wee trip to Maryhill

After posting the clip of Deano's goal, that's another clip that @AirdrieFanTVmanaged to get and having been shown it at slo-mo can confirm that Benedictus did indeed manage to get his outstretched leg to the ball. Don't know why the f**k he was having a go at Lewis McGregor after it though as he did connect with him after the ball causing him to go down. As a result of him being such an arsehole I was happy to see that he'd fucked himself as a result  of the tackle and had to go off.

4 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Don't know why the f**k he was having a go at Lewis McGregor after it though as he did connect with him after the ball causing him to go down. 

Benedictus claim was mcgregor put studs into his Achilles, 

3 hours ago, North West said:

You seem like a pleasant sort. 

Tbh, good team, shite club and supporters. 

It’s another feather in McCabe’s cap how he’s managed to bridge the gap to the Pars from last season. 

Incredible run of form since the Ayr defeat and particularly beating Morton, Raith and Dunfermline within a week and being considerably the better team in each game.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Regarding the Benny challenge: it was a superb, last-ditch tackle  

The 2nd goal we conceded epitomises us. Too slow to react to everything

Yup, Benedictus' challenge was fantastic. It does appear he injured himself though, so hopefully not too badly (however should he need to sit out the last three games that wouldn't be the worst outcome).

Agree re the second goal. Their lad put their hand on the ball to take the free kick right away and they scored from that move. We were fucking snoozing. It was good awareness and play from them.

Edited by DA Baracus

Also, once more the Airdire fans here (and indeed in the town that me and my mates met after) are being far too sound.

Frankly, I'm suspicious.

Step Brothers Ryan GIF

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Agree re the second goal. Their lad put their hand on the ball to take the free kick right away and they scored from that move. We were fucking snoozing. 

It wasn’t just the quick free kick, it was being slow to get out to the initial pass, and a ridiculous reaction to McGill having a fantastic shooting opportunity, he needs players(especially mehmet, who I think often is overly criticised) flying out to him, we could have made that chance so much harder. 

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It wasn’t just the quick free kick, it was being slow to get out to the initial pass, and a ridiculous reaction to McGill having a fantastic shooting opportunity, he needs players(especially mehmet, who I think often is overly criticised) flying out to him, we could have made that chance so much harder. 

Yup, completely agree.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Benedictus claim was mcgregor put studs into his Achilles, 

Regardless of what he claims there's no way that any contact from McGregor would have been deliberate given that he was the one who stuck a leg out making the tackle on McGregor running at full pelt. His reaction to McGregor was way OTT.

Edited by Mybitchunderprotest
Predictive text error "contract" instead of "contact"

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Also, once more the Airdire fans here (and indeed in the town that me and my mates met after) are being far too sound.

Frankly, I'm suspicious.

Hide contents

Step Brothers Ryan GIF

ygg3k0mrpac41~2.jpg

2 hours ago, Parsman85 said:

Agree with Chalmers but MOH is useless 95% of the time. 

Aye I wish he wasn't on a 2 year deal right enough

51 minutes ago, North West said:

My experience is that Airdrie have some of the worst fans in the country, so let's be a bit cautious with this love in shitehouse behaviour. Sure, a lot are sound, same with any club, but many are not. 

It’s a joke mate. Calm it

1 hour ago, North West said:

My experience is that Airdrie have some of the worst fans in the country, so let's be a bit cautious with this love in shitehouse behaviour. Sure, a lot are sound, same with any club, but many are not. 

Screenshot_20240414-085807~2.png