​​​​​​​ Greenock Morton v Dundee United  12/4/24 (on BBC Scotland)

Pathetic, and the most animated Dougie got was when Bearne didn't fully commit to a challenge. He clearly holds certain players to different standards.

O'Connor should be starting every game at CB. Waters can't complain about being dropped but Tyler French can't even play his own position never mind an unfamiliar one. Broadfoot is just a joke. 

Wilson shocking but we are used to that when is returning from injuries. Seems to take him longer than most to get back into his stride. Unfortunately we don't really have much time...

Power think he's actually in a retirement league.

Blues and Crawford might as well have stayed in the house tonight (and for the last few weeks).

Quitongo getting man of the match was presumably a joke?

Muirhead effort levels seemed to increase towards the end. The game started at 19:45, Robbie...

And ever since Dougie started going on about other managers commenting on the way we play... we've started playing exactly like it. We were mixing it up beforehand. Right now it's one dimensional.

Not watched any of the TV coverage but apparently he's said players were tired? If only we had guys like McGrattan Bearne and Garrity on the bench who should not be anywhere close to tired. If only we had 2 other CBs meaning we didn't have to rely on a garbage OAP playing tired. If only we had a left back who, whilst shit, should also not be tired as he's been back up til Strapp's recent injury.

Edited by #Gary

4 hours ago, Chicken Soup said:

Does anyone have any vicious maniacs they’re looking to offload for free?  

Erm,...I quite like the Baird guy.

I watch the Ayrshire juniors.

Wanna swap, mister ?

p.s. Joking.

7 hours ago, LargsTON said:

All I can really do to retaliate is mock Utd's woeful travelling support.  A big club in Scottish terms on the verge of a league title bringing around 800 fans is pretty embarrassing.  May have been more but I expected at least a couple of thousand. 

You're lucky you got 800 to pay stand in the pi$$ing rain in an uncovered stand on a Friday night when it's free on the telly.

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Was nice to catch all the goals on the telly before heading to work.

Broadfoot is a total thug and needs sent to the glue farm.

Hopefully a 3 match ban on the cards for the twat.

I think most of us Morton fans would be ok with that if it means we don't need to see him in a strip again.

10 hours ago, LargsTON said:

All I can really do to retaliate is mock Utd's woeful travelling support.  A big club in Scottish terms on the verge of a league title bringing around 800 fans is pretty embarrassing.  May have been more but I expected at least a couple of thousand. 

United fans have been travelling in good numbers all season (over 2000 at our last away game against QP) and still have the 6th highest average attendance in Scotland despite being in The Championship. Smaller numbers for this one was probably due to the idea of standing on an open terracing in the pouring rain when it was live on TV. 

8 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

United fans have been travelling in good numbers all season (over 2000 at our last away game against QP) and still have the 6th highest average attendance in Scotland despite being in The Championship. Smaller numbers for this one was probably due to the idea of standing on an open terracing in the pouring rain when it was live on TV. 

We've produced great numbers all season but there is also a lot of apathy towards the club and in particular Goodwin. If we were playing a better standard of football all season then the fans would be even more up for it but it's been a dire watch.

12 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Aye? A bottle and a half of Diablo in (so far) and I'm just absolutely fucking fine. I sincerely appreciate your heartfelt concern, though.

Hope you’re feeling ok. 

Are you actually old enough to remember when Morten last played in the top league?

If so might be a good time to cut back on your alcohol consumption. 

11 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Around 800 on a Friday evening live on BBC, very poor in comparison to the 35 fans Morton would’ve took to tannadice.

Well, that was exceptionally poor.

As clinical as United were, they didn't have the work especially hard for their goals. The defence was really awful at clearing their lines and marking in general. The less said about the 4th goal the better.

I appreciate that some players were running on empty, but why pick that team? This is entirely on the manager and the goodwill from that extended run we had has all but gone. I have a feeling that we may still be in with a chance of finishing 9th on the final day.

Have to assume that hospitality picking Jai for MotM was a dig at Imrie.

4 hours ago, rough diamond said:

You're lucky you got 800 to pay stand in the pi$$ing rain in an uncovered stand on a Friday night when it's free on the telly.

THis x100

When/why don't they let away fans go under part of the cowshed like they used to?

Just watched the goals this morning, ooft.

The first a cross shouldn't be coming back in so easily after a freekick hits the wall, they've not gotten into any kind of shape after that, but it's primarily dreadful defending from Crawford. It's as if he doesn't even know Docherty's there until he's jumped despite looking right at him the whole way, terribly weak.

The second, where to start. At least the player giving the ball away cheaply in our own half wasn't Power for once, dreadful from Quitongo, but once the ball gets there every single player in our box looks like an utter tit. O'Connor has the chance to put his laces through the ball and shits out of it, French especially really needs to be reacting far sooner when the ball breaks to Middleton, however that would involve him actually paying attention to a game which would have been a first. While everyone in the box was making a spectacle of themselves, at least they were all there: Broadfoot only appears on the edge of the box as the shot hits the net. I know the now 39 year old was never known for his pace, but where the f**k was he?

The third, Kirk Broadfoot letting the ball drop right over his head and bounce inside our own box when the simple act of bothering his arse to jump would have allowed him to easily head it away from danger. How blessed we are to have the experienced ex-international centre back who's played in European finals imparting his great experience, wisdom and professionalism to the rest of the defence. Glue factory for him in the summer, or preferably today. From there, everyone just loses the run of themselves and charges after the ball like primary school weans rather than maintaining any positional discipline, hence the ball then breaking to Moult with no one within about 6 yards of him.

Jack Baird, fucking hell. He's had a right cranial detachment this week, could have been sent off in all three games and caps it off by doing that for the fourth. Even before he played for us, I always thought Baird was heavily influenced by the defence around him. When he played against us for St Mirren and was beside Gregor Buchanan, he looked an even bigger shambles than Buchanan and gave goals away at a frightening rate. When he played against us for St Mirren with Harry Davis or Gary McKenzie beside him, he looked a class act. Never a player who's going to carry a defence himself but can easily get raised up or dragged down to the level of the players around him. So last season he was a genuine contender for our player of the season when he was between Grimshaw at right back, and either O'Connor or Ambrose as the other centre back. This season he's mostly had Tyler French and Kirk Broadfoot either side, and it's shown: right now he's managing to be even worse than those two clowns and you can't blame anyone else for whatever the f**k he's thinking there. The off the ball antics suggest that not only are the players around him rubbing off on his ability, but the influence of Broadfoot is extending to making him behave like a complete dickhead as well.

We're worse than we were in the first third of the season just now. We'd need to lose all three games to end up 9th from this position and even then it might not happen, but if we play like that we're Arbroath's best hope of a win. Scrape a result from somewhere and limp to the end of the season in 7th or 8th then get the obvious weak links in this squad launched to East Kilbride.

13 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

French LB?

Mental - Cammy Kerr is a better left back than French

Cammy Kerr is a player who came to be disliked by Dundee fans because his level is being a decent Championship right back while throughout his career Dundee's level has gone between good Championship team and decent to bad Premiership team, and so they could definitely have upgraded on him with a better player for pretty much all of his time getting games there.

I strongly suspect that the only reason any Dundee fan ever rated French was by virtue of him not being Cammy Kerr through desperation to have someone better, and getting a season ending injury in January allowed him to become better in everyone's collective imagination while you weren't actually having to suffer watching him every week. In reality Kerr is a better footballer than French in any position, as is everyone else in the Dundee squad, everyone else in the Morton squad which evidently includes some shite, and probably everyone who's posted in this thread.

I've spent much of this season saying yeah French is pish, but to be fair he's not the worst right back we've had this decade because he's not as bad as Darren Hynes who can't get a game for Clyde for a reason, however I am increasingly unsure of that lofty praise. Hynes was obviously never a Championship player and was lost defensively every time he played, but he's actually passed the ball to a teammate in his career which sets him apart from that clownshoe.

5 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Was nice to catch all the goals on the telly before heading to work.

Broadfoot is a total thug and needs sent to the glue farm.

Hopefully a 3 match ban on the cards for the twat.

Or the battery hen farm. He likes eggs.