The Fife v The Rose (13 April)

Will we beat Bonnyrigg for The first time at home ? will Bonnyrigg fans greet about the admission price ? all will be revealed today at a breezy MGM Timber Bayview Stadium !

We need 3 points to keep the pressure on Spartans, anything less than that could spell the end of our play-off push.

Great news that Jack has signed for next season.

Edited by Beachcomber

Would expect the same lineup as the last few weeks, I don’t think there were any injuries last week and unless there is a surprise appearance from Fash we’ll go the same way as then!!!

I would class this as a “must win” for both sides, them to stay in the division and us to keep our chances of getting out of it alive!!!

eta

forgot Murdoch came off at half time last week!!!

Edited by King Kebab

F8FDF024-9C81-4EDF-961A-8B6DEE3CF5D6.jpeg.61d08b9a958e79d130904aeca4ecdfa6.jpeg

Docherty for Murdoch, but otherwise the same lineup as the last few weeks!!!

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Is this due to the wind, the manager of the month curse. Or both?

Bit of both, this wind is making a farce of our play but Bonnyrigg have had it to their advantage and are a team built for playing in conditions like this, we have it in the second half so we’ll see what we can do with it!!!

Fair play to  Bonnyrigg, they mastered the conditions kept it simple and deserved the victory.  

Certainly our worst  home performance of the season, can't really think of one player who gets credit. Defence was all over the shop, midfield second to everything, an afternoon to forget  !  

Nope, after waiting to see how we coped with the wind advantage in the second half, I think I can honestly say that we were just pish!!!

I thought that Bonnyrigg played the conditions just right in the first half and we’re deservedly ahead, we were outfought in every area of the pitch throughout the game, Blaney and Easton, who have both been outstanding during the unbeaten run were both unbelievably poor, Blaney’s two brainfarts in the first half out at the far corner flag were indicative of his general play and Easton was just not his usual commanding self and his continual long punts into the wind even brought the early arrival of Dick to the dug out, whenever we went wide with either Healy or Lyon we looked dangerous but it was rare that that avanue was used. Shepherd was his usual lively self but his and Trouten’s link up play was non existent. 

It was a very bad day at the office and surely further evidence that that the Manager of the Month award is curse that just keeps giving!!!

it’s not over until it’s mathematically over but I think that result probably has ended our season!!!

Also does anybody know why that coach came up to their keeper and told him to start punting the ball out the ground, they were 4-1 up, I think the game was won???

Terrible conditions but the game was won by attitude.Bonnyrigg’s was great ,East Fife deplorable.

Not one East Fife player got pass marks.Second to every ball.

Full credit to Bonnyrigg , worked their socks off and played the conditions.

4 - 1 flattered East Fife.

Worst team performance of the Campbell’s reign so far, too many players had an off day, it could have been more to Bonnyrigg but poor finishing and great saves by Fleming kept the score down 

48 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

Terrible conditions but the game was won by attitude.Bonnyrigg’s was great ,East Fife deplorable.

Not one East Fife player got pass marks.Second to every ball.

Full credit to Bonnyrigg , worked their socks off and played the conditions.

4 - 1 flattered East Fife.

Fully agree. The reliable partnership between Blaney and Easton from the last games was non-existent, panic stations every time Bonnyrigg attacked. It was like all EF players had been told beforehand that their contracts would not be extended for next season and couldn’t give a f@@k. Maybe I’m being disrespectful to The Rose as they got their tactics spot on  but still, EF were utter garbage this afternoon
Small example, look at how McGachie “legally” hampered Fleming with his kicking from hand against the wind in the first half. That must have been planned.

Let’s put that EF display down to a very bad day at the office and hope next season will be better.

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Awful performance, in awful conditions against an awful team. 

“Awful team” ….. harsh and unfair. Rose played really well, took the goals superbly and pretty much dominated the entire game. We hit the post, missed 3 decent one-on-ones so could have scored more. I’m not sure many teams will dominate East Fife like that, they’re a really good team, especially at Bayview. May have been a bad day at the office for East Fife but disappointing you can’t give credit where credit is due, a poor post. 

No, I stand by my post.

I will give credit that it could've been more today, Bonnyrigg adapted to the conditions, we didn't & your 18 very nearly scored a goal of the season candidate, leading to the 3rd goal. But are you seriously telling me you are a good team? What on earth is that number 9, he's not a footballer for sure! 

Just now, Life on Marrs? said:

No, I stand by my post.

I will give credit that it could've been more today, Bonnyrigg adapted to the conditions, we didn't & your 18 very nearly scored a goal of the season candidate, leading to the 3rd goal. But are you seriously telling me you are a good team? What on earth is that number 9, he's not a footballer for sure! 

We may not be Man City but we’re not an “awful team”. Rose will have one of the lowest wage budgets in the league, we could never afford to get Dick Campbell or afford to sign quality like Easton, Austin or Trouten. We’re battlers but we showed today we can play football, so it’s a pity you stand by the “awful team” comment. As for the #9 (McGachie), he certainly didn’t give a decent CB like Easton a moment’s peace, so he can’t be that bad! 

Just now, Broonaldo said:

We may not be Man City but we’re not an “awful team”. Rose will have one of the lowest wage budgets in the league, we could never afford to get Dick Campbell or afford to sign quality like Easton, Austin or Trouten. We’re battlers but we showed today we can play football, so it’s a pity you stand by the “awful team” comment. As for the #9 (McGachie), he certainly didn’t give a decent CB like Easton a moment’s peace, so he can’t be that bad! 

Well, you enjoy watching your McGachies, at your lovely ground, for what looks like another season of league 2 football.

7 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Will we beat Bonnyrigg for The first time at home ? will Bonnyrigg fans greet about the admission price ? all will be revealed today at a breezy MGM Timber Bayview Stadium !

We need 3 points to keep the pressure on Spartans, anything less than that could spell the end of our play-off push.

Great news that Jack has signed for next season.

Do you blame them for greeting about the price? £18 to watch League 2 football ? FFS 😬

3 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Fair play to  Bonnyrigg, they mastered the conditions kept it simple and deserved the victory.  

Certainly our worst  home performance of the season, can't really think of one player who gets credit. Defence was all over the shop, midfield second to everything, an afternoon to forget  !  

Was it worth the admission money 🤣🤣🤣🤣