Stirling v Queens

5 minutes ago, bod said:

I'm with you on that with more than a few poor performances. 

Bartley's probably happy that they carried out his game play.

That could get football banned and it narks me to say I thought Lloyd had a decent game.

Thought the Ref was fair to both teams, gave fouls when there wasn't one and didn't give clear fouls when there was. 

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

... Crying out for that bit of creativity up front ... Connelly needed badly, and not in the last 10 minutes.

^^^ called it (sadly).

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He never got anywhere close to that sadly. He came on in the 90th minute. The guy is an utter fanny. 

^^^

Aye, for some strange reason I was too absorbed in what was happening to check my watch.  That second half was crying out for a player with at least half an ounce of talent, and to not bring him on until right at the death (and to hook Reilly in the process who at least has half a clue what he is doing) should be a sackable offence for Bartley in itself.  The obvious guy to hook was Ferguson who had totally disappeared all second half. I never, ever understand why managers wait until the final few minutes to bring on a talented player who might have the capability to change a game - surely they need at least 30 minutes on the park at least.  That game was crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball and play some fitba - Todd tried first half but was miles off it second half.  Huge opportunity missed today.  Fizzing with that woeful second half.

15 minutes ago, bod said:

I'm with you on that with more than a few poor performances. 

Bartley's probably happy that they carried out his game play.

That could get football banned and it narks me to say I thought Lloyd had a decent game.

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Thought the Ref was fair to both teams, gave fouls when there wasn't one and didn't give clear fouls when there was. 

Aye pretty much this. There was a lot of diving he bought and other times he never stood for it. Nowhere near the worst ref performance of the season tbf. Far better than I expected.

Apart from the woeful fare on view ... was my first visit to Forthbank, and that's a fine venue to watch a game of fitba.  I thought it was excellent.

18 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Gibson clearly has talent and to be fair to him he’s not a wing back but I thought he was awful today. 
The much maligned McKechnie offered more in his short period on. 
It was a dreadful game of football and it says it all for me that a player I absolutely don’t rate (McKay) was probably our best player. 

While I think McKechnie has been very poor all season and has had a very generous amount of game time Gibson has not delivered either. He unquestionably has more to offer than McKechnie but when he moves on to pastures new at end of season he will have to seriously up his game. I have been willing him to do well but he has had a season to forget.

Easy to blame Bartley for that but this is L1 and playing against part timers predominantly. If he is the prospect that many predict he is - he should have been capable of a lot more than he has shown.

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

It would have been nice to see us go all out for the win that we desperately needed but my sources tell me that it was yet another horrific display from us. Created virtually nothing and relied on the sad fact that Stirling are equally as piss poor as we are. Our Manager is incapable of rallying the troops even in a crisis of this scale.

i get the logical argument saying that we have possibly done enough to avoid ninth BUT I am certainly not counting Annan out of winning at Falkirk. We see crazy results every year at this time of the season and teams with nothing tangible to play suddenly become vulnerable. We have two chances of course to take care of business but it is way past the stage where I would ever pin my hopes on Bartley and his Bottlers. Falkirk may be our best bet but what a terrible admission.

We still have the invincible tag to achieve so we will be up for the Annan game . Especially due to the fact that they sucker punched us for a draw in the 94th minute the last time we played. Time to put things right

6 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Apart from the woeful fare on view ... was my first visit to Forthbank, and that's a fine venue to watch a game of fitba.  I thought it was excellent.

Today kind of reminded me of what going to the football used to be like, turn up with money to pay at the turnstiles and printed programmes on sale, no need to be a computer buff.  Don't think playing on the grass stuff will catch on though.

23 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

While I think McKechnie has been very poor all season and has had a very generous amount of game time Gibson has not delivered either. He unquestionably has more to offer than McKechnie but when he moves on to pastures new at end of season he will have to seriously up his game. I have been willing him to do well but he has had a season to forget.

Easy to blame Bartley for that but this is L1 and playing against part timers predominantly. If he is the prospect that many predict he is - he should have been capable of a lot more than he has shown.

Think this is extremely harsh on Gibson. Had a look through their comparative stats:- 

McKechnie - 19 starts, 1 assist, 2 goals. 

Gibson - 10 starts, 7 assists, 2 goals. 

I'll also add that Gibson has only had 3 starts in a row all season*. How on earth is an 18 year old supposed to get into a rhythm when he's barely given a run of games (yet shite like Ferguson continually start and don't improve at all...). Whatever way you want to look at it, Gibson is streets ahead of McKechnie with half the starts and should have been starting far more often than he has. Dress it up any way you want, the blame absolutely does lie at the feet of Bartley. Another useless piece of management from him. 

* In the league certainly, never checked the cup games. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think this is extremely harsh on Gibson. Had a look through their comparative stats:- 

I'll also add that Gibson has only had 3 starts in a row all season*. How on earth is an 18 year old supposed to get into a rhythm when he's barely given a run of games (yet shite like Ferguson continually start and don't improve at all...). Whatever way you want to look at it, Gibson is streets ahead of McKechnie with half the starts and should have been starting far more often than he has. Dress it up any way you want, the blame absolutely does lie at the feet of Bartley. Another useless piece of management from him. 

Yes totally agree Gibson is better than McKechnie but as I said I thought he was really poor today. Gibson should get more starts in my view although he’s never a wing back in a million years.

No question in my mind re Bartley. He’s an absolute charlatan. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yes totally agree Gibson is better than McKechnie but as I said I thought he was really poor today. Gibson should get more starts in my view although he’s never a wing back in a million years.

We can't expect Bartley to adapt his game plan to get the best out of his better players though. So Gibson can play in a position that hinders him and like it! 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

We can't expect Bartley to adapt his game plan to get the best out of his better players though. So Gibson can play in a position that hinders him and like it! 

Indeed. We shoehorn players into a system that doesn’t suit some of our better players rather than have a system that would get the best out of the players we have. 

10 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Indeed. We shoehorn players into a system that doesn’t suit some of our better players rather than have a system that would get the best out of the players we have. 

And of course then blame the players for the failure of the system...

1 hour ago, SA45 said:

Decent crowd from QOS but no rattlers. Very disappointing. 😂

Qos supporter told to take his drum back to the bus by a steward as the H & S manager had banned them - wtf. 

Rumour was that Connolly disciplined for dumping his healthy Qos packed lunch in favour of a KfC. Go Marv. 

Thought we played ok today albeit with no creativity. At least we stuck in. Ferguson anonymous, Doherty clueless, Todd a liability and Logan poor. Tbh Gibson didn’t beat his man all day and should have been subbed but not for Keiran, who did next to nothing as ever. 

Almost there and we can kiss goodbye to a truly awful season. 

I thought the back line and keeper were fairly sound, but our midfield lacks any creativity and we've zip up front. I felt really sorry for Reilly today, worked his socks off (as always) and had some clever touches especially first half ... if only he had some quality around him, he'd be fine at this level.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It is perhaps a bit harsh on Gibson but don't forget that Father Gibson also deployed him as a Wing Back when he was in charge. I could never understand the rationale behind that when it has been blatantly obvious that Lewis is a player that needs to be doing all his best work in opponents' final third.

I guess his stats are pretty decent when you put it that way and it does highlight just how poor Bartley's decision making has been throughout his tenure. McKechnie's stats confirm just how poor his contribution has been. Add to that he tends to shoot from anywhere even when at a terrible angle and on his very weak left peg. Ferguson's contribution needs no further elaboration - it has all been said.

2 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

For the record, what was the QOS support?

Do you mean at Forthbank? I would say about 200 although you would have to ask a Falkirk fan for the exact amount - they have many official crowd counters. Apart from FFC and Alloa no one brings more than 100 this season so that was a good turnout. Cove were the lowest - 26 and some of them were girlfriends/staff.

11 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Do you mean at Forthbank? I would say about 200 although you would have to ask a Falkirk fan for the exact amount - they have many official crowd counters. Apart from FFC and Alloa no one brings more than 100 this season so that was a good turnout. Cove were the lowest - 26 and some of them were girlfriends/staff.

There wasn't much goalmouth action but when Stirling had a wee smell in the second half I was surprised how noisy it got from the home end. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

There wasn't much goalmouth action but when Stirling had a wee smell in the second half I was surprised how noisy it got from the home end. 

Our U-12 Ultras were in good voice and sang and cheered the whole game rather than throwing flares and storming off at half-time looking for trouble.

12 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Our U-12 Ultras were in good voice and sang and cheered the whole game rather than throwing flares and storming off at half-time looking for trouble.

I can't lie, I didn't hear them very clearly, though I could see them bouncing :lol: I just meant when the whole crowd was getting behind the team I was surprised how such a stand could make such noise. 

I don't know if it was the same lot that were singing but there were 7/8 young lads looking for trouble after the game certainly. Shame why they need to do that if they're going to the effort to try and create a bit of atmosphere in the ground.