Todays scores 20/4

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

That’s the title today for Beith. Not going to lose 3 games between now and the end of the season and 58-60 points will be enough for them. 
Fair play on them going back to back league titles. A lot of clubs will definitely feel what could have been if it wasn’t for a few sticky patches in the season. But Beith didn’t really have that and that’s won them the title. 

Massive respect to Broxburn on getting the Lowland League place when it comes.

Edited by PossilYM

Hurlford 1 Beith 2.   Dunne and Docherty withe the Beith goals.    Tough game today against a Hurlford side that seemed content to sit and waste as much time as possible (until they went 2-1 down).  Deserved win for Beith and it should have been more.  As for the league it’s far from over and we have another tough game Wednesday night against st caddocs which is no gimme they are well capable of beating us.  

pics from todays game 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/swkphoto/uwdxv82DXU

Edited by beithboy

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Their brand of form-filling and stadium upgrading has really had fans of quick, exciting admin purring in appreciation all season. There's a lot of talk about wee Moira from the payroll department and a few others being on the radar of more illustrious sides. What a season it's been! 

You can't grudge them it; they've worked their lanyards off and fully deserve whatever reward comes their way.

People will moan that the West misses out, but what other criteria do you need to show you have what it takes to navigate a potentially tricky play-off and compete at Lowland League level than wee certificates to show that you have disabled toilets and some Elastoplast in the medical kit? Certainly not a game of football like some insane, backward-thinking people appear to be suggesting, that's for sure!

Heavy duty riddy's heading your way S.

They hung witches for less.

21 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Hurlford 1 Beith 2.   Dunne and Docherty withe the Beith goals.    Tough game today against a Hurlford side that seemed content to sit and waste as much time as possible (until they went 2-1 down).  Deserved win for Beith and it should have been more.  As for the league it’s far from over and we have another tough game Wednesday night against st caddocs which is no gimme they are well capable of beating us.  

pics from todays game 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/swkphoto/uwdxv82DXU

You might as well post that on the East of Scotland forum 😀

I knew before I had a look on here tonight there would be posts acclaiming Beith as champions, and let’s be honest it’s only said to create pressure on a club/team to get them to maybe believe the hype, unfortunately that won’t happen the league is far from over ,Beith are well aware they’ll need to fight for every point , a very good St Cadocs team to play at home on Wednesday not a gimme by any stretch of the imagination and only when teams start to complete their fixtures we can see what the winning points total will be 60 may win it but who knows 

11 minutes ago, the nearly man said:

I knew before I had a look on here tonight there would be posts acclaiming Beith as champions, and let’s be honest it’s only said to create pressure on a club/team to get them to maybe believe the hype, unfortunately that won’t happen the league is far from over ,Beith are well aware they’ll need to fight for every point , a very good St Cadocs team to play at home on Wednesday not a gimme by any stretch of the imagination and only when teams start to complete their fixtures we can see what the winning points total will be 60 may win it but who knows 

58 wins it from here, I reckon.

Maybe not quite over the line but it would take something massively unexpected to prevent Beith making it two titles on the spin IMO. 

46 minutes ago, the nearly man said:

If Beith don’t win the league from here it would be a collapse or bottle job. 
However Beith will win the league, regardless however you want to believe the difficulties of the remaining fixtures are for you. 

2 minutes ago, superpollok said:

However Beith will win the league, regardless however you want to believe the difficulties of the remaining fixtures are for you. 

Your total disrespect for the other teams in the league is astounding,  we have to play the team currently sitting in 3rd and the team sitting in 5th away from home.  Talbot have proved that they can go on a long run of winning games so I would not count them out.  

9 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Again keep peddling the same stuff, bottle jobs etc , every game in this league is difficult most people agree on this every week on here but all of a sudden Beith would have bottled it if they don’t win the league, definitely Beith are looking favourites but there’s a lot of football left to play yet.

3 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

You wanting a red dot. 🤪🤪🤪

I'll give you the benefit, that you have forgotten that they will have to beat the best we have here in the SOS. 😁😁😁

Was it 10 Tranent scored 2 seasons ago at a playoff down the Solway Coast?

10 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Your total disrespect for the other teams in the league is astounding,  we have to play the team currently sitting in 3rd and the team sitting in 5th away from home.  Talbot have proved that they can go on a long run of winning games so I would not count them out.  

It’s not disrespect. 

I have seen every team in the league. Beith are better than every team they have left to play. 
You can down play this all you want, but after today the league is done. 

Talbot will not win every game between now and the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Tranent 7 St Cuthberts 0 at Tranent 🙂

Edited by andy25

3 minutes ago, superpollok said:

It’s not disrespect. 

I have seen every team in the league. Beith are better than every team they have left to play. 

They probably wont but its a possibility.

Just now, PossilYM said:

Naw, it was only seven and it was at Forresters. Darvel only beat the Saint 3-1 at St.Mary's, I think. So there. 😛

No matter what I hope to be able to make the game probably at the Islecroft, can't see Star blowing it.

And I will be straight on here taking my medicine.

The pyramid needs sorting, it's becoming a mess.

Did Shanner take that post down only read it the once, did get the feeling he's a mite pissed off with the pyramid and all it's shite at the moment.

10 minutes ago, superpollok said:

It’s not disrespect. 

Every team is capable of beating any team in the league,  even if we are “better” than the teams we have left to play does not mean we will win those games. We should have beat glenafton last Wednesday but we didn’t. Largs are the form team in the league at the moment winning their last 5 or 6 games.  We could only draw with St Caddocs earlier in the season.  I’m not playing anything down,  but showing the teams we have to play the respect they deserve. 

45 minutes ago, superpollok said:

They've been falling over themselves to insist it's not Beith's to lose all season. Fair enough I suppose but it's hard to believe that they're not privately thinking it's as good as won.

16 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Naw, it was only seven and it was at Forresters. Darvel only beat the Saint 3-1 at St.Mary's, I think. So there. 😛

No matter what I hope to be able to make the game probably at the Islecroft, can't see Star blowing it.

And I will be straight on here taking my medicine.

The pyramid needs sorting, it's becoming a mess.

Did Shanner take that post down only read it the once, did get the feeling he's a mite pissed off with the pyramid and all it's shite at the moment.

I went to edit something and accidentally deleted it. (it wasn't anything controversial or remotely interesting for anyone caring). 

Edited by Shanner

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

Every team is capable of beating any team in the league,  even if we are “better” than the teams we have left to play does not mean we will win those games. We should have beat glenafton last Wednesday but we didn’t. Largs are the form team in the league at the moment winning their last 5 or 6 games.  We could only draw with St Caddocs earlier in the season.  I’m not playing anything down,  but showing the teams we have to play the respect they deserve. 

Glens will beat Beith next Saturday hopefully