Scottish Cup final, Celtic v Rangers 2012, Hampden Park. 25th May

41 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Fair point. However, what if they do it because of the religious bigotry displayed by a fanbase and their apparent belief it's ok to destroy parts of the city after a victory?

You’re still making a judgement based solely on the team they follow though.

It would be like me assuming that every Rangers fan hates anything catholic or green and discriminating agains them because of it. It’s simply not true.

1 minute ago, stressball said:

It would be like me assuming that every Rangers fan hates anything catholic or green and discriminating agains them because of it. It’s simply not true.

Proof please. 😛

25 minutes ago, AJF said:

I tried to remove my comment cos I can’t be arsed with it, but what you originally claimed is not true. It is evidently clear that Hampden can be split 50/50. The issue with Aberdeen’s proposal was the points for segregation not allowing for them to sell section by section round the north stand.

ETA: the illustration on my ticket (I’m assuming) shows where the segregation points are. Anything beyond the segregation point between sections D and F would’ve resulted in opposition fans using the same entryways and kiosks which really isn’t feasible. The only other segregation point is at half way.

IMG_3986.jpeg

Those gaps delineate the stands.

There's no need to show segregation points on a ticket. 

11 minutes ago, stressball said:

Waiting on @bennettto post some negative Rangers fan videos.

Probably after the game if you're looking for a negative reaction. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

What planet are you on?

It’s on BBC One Scotland. 

Planet BBC Listings.

I googled it, and couldn't see it, but obviously my mistake.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Just now, Drooper said:

Planet BBC Listings.

I googled it, and couldn't see it, but obviously my mistake.

Now that we’ve established it’s on good Sir, who are you cheering for? Who’s your big team? 😜

Posted (edited)

Showpiece of the Scottish fitba’ season though. Biggest derby in the world. Greatest fans, just perfectly normal, rational behaviour, and clearly just excited about a cup final.

Nothing going on here that I never witnessed at the 2013 St Mirren v Hearts League Cup Final, or the 1987 St Mirren v Dundee United Scottish Cup Final.

No Siree, nothing to be concerned about here - today, and tonight… will be just fine in and around Glasgow.

Edited by pozbaird

18 minutes ago, The Master said:

Those gaps delineate the stands.

There's no need to show segregation points on a ticket. 

I think they also coincide with the segregation points though. You cant get any further along at similar points and at half way.

6 minutes ago, stressball said:

You’re still making a judgement based solely on the team they follow though.

True and I do dislike both teams because of what they stand for evidenced by what I have seen from some people I've known or come across (on both sides). What should be an amazing spectacle will be ruined by the inevitable religious bigotry that will be there for all to see. That in itself is embarrassing but the fact those individuals continually get away with it and both clubs do nothing to eradicate it from our game makes them complicit. I'm sure it's a minority of idiots however that means those fans not involved must also share some blame for it's continuance. 

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

5 pages for THE major domestic cup final in Scottish football?

It's no Dundee v **** 94 pager because of a bit of water.

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

A wee wummin sums this up perfectly in the first video

“what’s this all about?”

What a bunch of utter cnuts.

I'm sure their twitter will be saying they "smashed the Green Brigade" despite going absolutely nowhere near them.

They're both fucking morons, but they could at least have the decency to go blooter each other instead of regular human beings just wanting to watch a game of football.

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

A wee wummin sums this up perfectly in the first video

“what’s this all about?”

What a bunch of utter cnuts.

They tried to attack another pub yesterday evening but think Police were tipped off fortunately. Get this shite in the bin.