Scottish Cup final, Celtic v Rangers 2012, Hampden Park. 25th May

3 hours ago, Booker-T said:

You still in the Sevco closet? 

It is amazing what a budget, some proper managers and a decent youth system can get you!

Piss off. Usual OF shite - if you don't support us you must be one of them.

You're both c***s.

59 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Superb effort once again from the Bhoys. Doing the job in placed in front of them. Crushing sevco into a finely ground powder.

A long and luxurious summer awaits with Rangers in an identity crisis, with nothing to shout about and doubts about every aspect of their organisation. 

“Not a Celtic fan, just a fan of players in the Scotland squad” 😂

Sat through this shit today so didn't see the FA Cup final. BBC Scotland are currently showing Scottish Cup Final hightlights follwed by FA Cup Final highlights. I can get BBC England so I am currently watching FA Cup Final highlights. They are not showing the Scottish Cup Final highlights later despite having the rights to do so.

Despite old firm fans claiming otherwise I think this proves that no one outside Scotland gives a f**k about them

Posted (edited)

Not even exaggerating - I'd rather have Brian Graham than Dessers up front for Thistle. Maybe its a confidence issue but he just looks like a player that knows he's on his way out for £500k at the end of the season to a club in, say, Cyprus.

Tavernier fairly poor throughout too but at least his excuse is its compounded by having Dessers to aim crosses toward when he got forward. Maeda rinsed him with no end product a handful of times in the first half - but tbf it was one of J-Tavz better defensive games; an odd one where he won a good few challenges/sliding tackles throughout but couldnt create much when he got forward, normal reputation is its the other way round.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

4 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Superb effort once again from the Bhoys. Doing the job in placed in front of them. Crushing sevco into a finely ground powder.

A long and luxurious summer awaits with Rangers in an identity crisis, with nothing to shout about and doubts about every aspect of their organisation. 

the best bit about that game was the buffering 

ron.jpg

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Not even exaggerating - I'd rather have Brian Graham than Dessers up front for Thistle. Maybe its a confidence issue but he just looks like a player that knows he's on his way out for £500k at the end of the season to a club in, say, Cyprus.

Tavernier fairly poor throughout too but at least his excuse is its compounded by having Dessers to aim crosses toward when he got forward. Maeda rinsed him with no end product a handful of times in the first half - but tbf it was one of J-Tavz better defensive games; an odd one where he won a good few challenges/sliding tackles throughout but couldnt create much when he got forward, normal reputation is its the other way round.

Never understood why Rangers havent at least tried Sterling at RB with Tavernier in the RW position in one of these games.

Maeda totally nullifies Tavernier's attacking threat in nearly every Old Firm game. Giving that job to Sterling and freeing Tavernier up is surely at least worth a go at some point.

6 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Never understood why Rangers havent at least tried Sterling at RB with Tavernier in the RW position in one of these games.

Maeda totally nullifies Tavernier's attacking threat in nearly every Old Firm game. Giving that job to Sterling and freeing Tavernier up is surely at least worth a go at some point.

I think the main issue is Tav’s legs have gone, so he really doesn’t have the burst of pace to go by a player and hit the byline anymore. So it’s probably best to just leave him at RB and try and utilise his good delivery from a deeper position if the RW can occupy the defenders.

Same story with the other old firm games this season when Rangers have plenty possession in the Celtic half but created f**k all. Whilst Dessers looks awful there is still very little going on around him to work off they just didn’t look threatening at all and it was like that in every other game this season. 

Celtic were awful, Brendan should have lambasted his team when being interviewed like Sir Alex in 1983.

Posted (edited)

What should be clear to every one now is that the OF are no longer box office. These games are played far too often, have poor quality for far too long and the results have become all too predictable.  

No one disputes that the **** are the second force in Scottish Football, or the Celtic are the biggest team in Scotland. But being big in a wee pond or being second in that pond is just not very interesting. Cups should have romance like when the Jonnies did an unheard of cup double, or when ICT won a cup after only being in existence for a few years. Even Gretna's cash powered run to the final was laced with romance. 

A predictable 1st v 2nd bore fest where one team tries to cancel out the other is dull dull dull. And for Celtic to win the cup is just all a bit Meh. even if it is against the second best team in the country. It means almost nothing to them. Compare the scenes after winning yesterday to this.  When there's no OF borefest, the Scottish Cup does throw up great moments.  IF the OF are really serious about their colts why not playing them in the cup like the top teams do/or did in England 

Edited by Insaintee

Even more baffled after seeing this back again how it can even be considered a foul never mind a yellow card. I don’t see any other way Sterling can make that tackle any “safer”. He doesn’t leave the ground, studs aren’t showing, sweeps the ball with his foot. Just a good, strong challenge.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Even more baffled after seeing this back again how it can even be considered a foul never mind a yellow card. I don’t see any other way Sterling can make that tackle any “safer”. He doesn’t leave the ground, studs aren’t showing, sweeps the ball with his foot. Just a good, strong challenge.

Cry harder. 

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

Same story with the other old firm games this season when Rangers have plenty possession in the Celtic half but created f**k all. Whilst Dessers looks awful there is still very little going on around him to work off they just didn’t look threatening at all and it was like that in every other game this season. 

Celtic were awful, Brendan should have lambasted his team when being interviewed like Sir Alex in 1983.

Aye, not enough in the final third. As much as Dessers gets a bad rep, I think having to replace him yesterday after his knock set us back. Sima isn’t a natural striker and whilst Dessers misses his fair share of chances, his movement is generally quite good and he usually gets a few sights of goal.

Again though, comes back to our mentality in these fixtures. I felt Raskin and Diomande were really good and won the midfield battle for large parts of the second half, but we had nobody really willing to take a risk in the final third either out of fear or lack of confidence.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Hadn't something else happened just before that. I recall saying at the time that's never a foul, but I think Walsh had lost it a bit and Rangers were generally a bit fired up around that time, threatening to lose the heads? Sterling fell victim to the ref shitting it from a full blooded tackle

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Hadn't something else happened just before that. I recall saying at the time that's never a foul, but I think Walsh had lost it a bit and Rangers were generally a bit fired up around that time, threatening to lose the heads? Sterling fell victim to the ref shitting it from a full blooded tackle

Aye, I think it was threatening to boil over a bit. Ref possibly trying to stamp a bit of authority to try and settle it but he chose the wrong tackle to do so. 

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, I think it was threatening to boil over a bit. Ref possibly trying to stamp a bit of authority to try and settle it but he chose the wrong tackle to do so. 

A symptom of the shrill demands of the likes of Kenny Miller et al to referee these games differently so as to avoid "ruining the spectacle" which is ironic given the shit show that was served up yestersay 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A symptom of the shrill demands of the likes of Kenny Miller et al to referee these games differently so as to avoid "ruining the spectacle" which is ironic given the shit show that was served up yestersay 

I think the opinion of Kenny Miller can safely be disregarded after his views on Lundstrams tackle in the last meeting between the sides.

You know he’s fucked it when the full pub of Rangers fans I was in turn to each other in bewilderment that someone was trying to say it wasn’t a red 😂

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think the opinion of Kenny Miller can safely be disregarded after his views on Lundstrams tackle in the last meeting between the sides.

You know he’s fucked it when the full pub of Rangers fans I was in turn to each other in bewilderment that someone was trying to say it wasn’t a red 😂

Yeah Miller is just a good illustration of idiocy these days but refs do seem keen to make a rod for the own back in these games by letting people away with stupid shit early on then suddenly find themselves in danger of losing control, and the subsequent scrutiny they rightly receive for waving cards about to try and put the lid back on. The same can happen in any game of course. Refs often go to the book when things start to simmer, but it's not often you such a notable shift from early allowances being made that are totally inconsistent with what you normally would expect

28 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, it was a good tackle, but there were (and always are) numerous bizarre decisions in a match. Is there really any point in an inquest after what was a dreadful match with abysmal performances all round?

It was going to take an error or slip-up to settle that match, and so it transpired. Could have been at either end.

My take away from that game was that it didn't matter enough to either team after the league had been settled. Worst cup final in many moons. So much for it being a showpiece to bring the curtain down on the season.