Euro 2024 Expectations

Euro 2024 Expectations  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What are your expectations ahead of the tournament

• No Expectations
    • We’ve already met my expectations by qualifying. Anything else is a bonus.
    • To perform well, be competitive and not embarrass ourselves having made the tournament.
    • To qualify from the group.
    • To reach the later stages of the Tournament.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/24 at 21:00

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

lol. Well that explains that then. I had thought it odd to have a few new posters having signed up in a short space of time and just assumed it was related to Scotland being at Euro 2024. Bans from the Tartan Army Message Board explains it though - to be fair you've got @Butters Scotch/Sand Dancer character spot on. Objectively speaking, he's been a poor addition over here and brings nothing of value.

Even for you Numberwang that is a new low, resorting to taking sides with some mentalist troll. Look at his previous posts ffs before his "hiatus". I'm not even a member of TAMB but give it a read every so often but he's basically regurgitating the same stuff he was posting there. It's clear that he is a troll. 

I don't think you can judge who brings value and who doesn't and one's character. I know certain people on here have put a block on seeing your posts for good reason so maybe look in the mirror a bit more Numberwang. 

24 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Even for you Numberwang that is a new low, resorting to taking sides with some mentalist troll. Look at his previous posts ffs before his "hiatus". I'm not even a member of TAMB but give it a read every so often but he's basically regurgitating the same stuff he was posting there. It's clear that he is a troll. 

I don't think you can judge who brings value and who doesn't and one's character. I know certain people on here have put a block on seeing your posts for good reason so maybe look in the mirror a bit more Numberwang. 

It's not personal mate. I'm just speaking objectively.

5 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

How can your opinion on something be objective? 

It's not my opinion. It's factual. Your question is more evidence for the collection. Have a great day!

28 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It's not my opinion. It's factual. Your question is more evidence for the collection. Have a great day!

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

So all your opinions are factual now, great can't wait to hear some more of you 'speaking objectively'

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, 2426255 said:

lol. Well that explains that then. I had thought it odd to have a few new posters having signed up in a short space of time and just assumed it was related to Scotland being at Euro 2024. Bans from the Tartan Army Message Board explains it though - to be fair you've got @Butters Scotch/Sand Dancer character spot on. Objectively speaking, he's been a poor addition over here and brings nothing of value.

Yeah, mate.

All he did was disagree with everyone (not just me). It's like he was paid to do it.

And he constantly insulted everyone he didn't agree with. That's twice now he's called me a "glue sniffer" (I've found that people using those types of insults are projecting)

He was literally following me around as I ignored his every insult directed at me. He was frustrated that he couldn't get any change out of me.

I'm no angel, I'm the first to admit that, but I show people respect if they do the same to me. That guy just launches in two footed into strangers that he hasn't even talked to. (Called me, a stranger who has never talked to on here, a glue sniffer)

As I said in my post in the other thread, time is precision. I'm not spending a second more of my time on that guy. He isn't worth it.

If he wants to talk to me he can take it to PM. But people like him can only act hard with an audience.

He's a total keyboard hard nut bully.

Watching him on TAMH fighting with everyone was like "Scotty2Hotty vs the world"

Oh. He thinks England are a "heavyweight" (with their solitary trophy) and the English Championship is the 5th best league in the world.

My guess? He's an English fan Trojan Horse. He would up everyone at the TAMB..Now he's doing the same here.

Edited by SlayerX

38 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Yeah, mate.

All he did was disagree with everyone (not just me). It's like he was paid to do it.

And he constantly insulted everyone he didn't agree with. That's twice now he's called me a "glue sniffer" (I've found that people using those types of insults are projecting)

He was literally following me around as I ignored his every insult directed at me. He was frustrated that he couldn't get any change out of me.

I'm no angel, but I show people respect if they do the same to me. That guy just launches in two footed into strangers that he hasn't even talked to.

As I said in my post in the other thread, time is precision. I'm not spending a second more of my time on that guy. He isn't worth it.

If he wants to talk to me he can take it to PM. But people like him can only act hard with an audience.

He's a total keyboard hard nut bully.

You've got the wrong person btw and I don't have any idea what you're rambling about apart from implying you are on the glue if you seriously expect us to win the euros.

Namaste.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

if the tournament came immediately after the Spain home game, when we were playing really well, had no major injuries to speak of, and were v much on an upward trajectory then yes, we would be going into the Euros with high expectations. However we have too many injuries just now, are in patchy form and just don't think the team will be able to have the same fluidity, tempo or confidence. I think our performance at the Germany game will give us a good idea as to whether we are looking to progress to the knock-out rounds and make a mark...

Yeah. A seasoned and cogent reply. I can't argue with any of that.

Thank you.

There's so many doom and gloom merchants who almost want Scotland to fail as it'll prove them right and give them a reason to moan.

I'm very optimistic. Why? No idea. I just am.

Yes, we may have lost the friendlies against the Dutch, Northern Ireland and France. But our performances encouraged me.

Who gets 48% possession against France and 523 passes? Not minnows.

Look at how the stars aligned for Greece in 2004 and Denmark in 1992.

Then Leicester in 2016.

Scotland are due a piece of luck in a finals tournament.

In a world where England are considered "heavyweight", anything is possible. (With their 1 trophy as their "rivals" are on multiples and some have double figures)

Never hurts to dream big. Greece, Denmark and Leicester did. Could actually put Aberdeen into the mix. Beating Bayern Munich and Real Madrid back-to-back wasn't in the script.

Edited by SlayerX

42 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Yeah. A seasoned and cogent reply. I can't argue with any of that.

Thank you.

There's so many doom and gloom merchants who almost want Scotland to fail as it'll prove them right and give them a reason to moan.

I'm very optimistic. Why? No idea. I just am.

Yes, we may have lost the friendlies against the Dutch, Northern Ireland and France. But our performances encouraged me.

Who gets 48% possession against France and 523 passes? Not minnows.

Look at how the stars aligned for Greece in 2004 and Denmark in 1992.

Then Leicester in 2016.

Scotland are due a piece of luck in a finals tournament.

In a world where England are considered "heavyweight", anything is possible. (With their 1 trophy as their "rivals" are on multiples and some have double figures)

Never hurts to dream big. Greece, Denmark and Leicester did. Could actually put Aberdeen into the mix. Beating Bayern Munich and Real Madrid back-to-back wasn't in the script.

Absolutely, why not? Dreaming big is all part of being a football fan. Miracles do happen like you've mentioned. That's the reason I'm not setting an expectation, positive or negative, for how we'll do at the tournament. I'm just going to take it as it comes rather than going down the route of 'we should be getting this far' or 'should have played him/picked them' and the rest of the success/failure chat. 

4 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Absolutely, why not? Dreaming big is all part of being a football fan. Miracles do happen like you've mentioned. That's the reason I'm not setting an expectation, positive or negative, for how we'll do at the tournament. I'm just going to take it as it comes rather than going down the route of 'we should be getting this far' or 'should have played him/picked them' and the rest of the success/failure chat. 

Delighted that "you two" agree with each other 

20 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Totally.

Nothing has ever been achieved or created without dreaming big. 

We can win Euro 24. This is my 5th tournament and I haven't felt so confident. No idea why. I just feel that we have so much bad luck in the bank, only a tournament win can offset it. 

Yeah. "Taking it as it comes" is a good and healthy philosophy. Certainly trumps the "We're just glad to be involved" brigade.

I'm fully expecting Agnes from Port Glasgow to take inspiration from the photo below, charge off to B&Q, spend £120 on 16l of silk emulsion to do the Scotland strip on her size 24 frame and post in to tiktok whilst singing the latest Taylor Shite no.1

IMG_1290.jpeg

Gun to my head I still think our lack of attacking quality will hold us back against Hungary and Switzerland. We obviously could beat both of them (or Germany) but I think going out with 1 or 2 points is the most likely scenario.