St Johnstone v Hibs 27/04/24

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of the worst St Johnstone performances I can ever remember seeing, when you add in the context of both clubs situations. Last home game on a Saturday for a relegation threatened side, against a half arsed outfit who's managers on the brink, and we play like that.

There's nothing about this squad in terms of fight or heart, and with the lack of confidence the quality goes out the window too. All that made worse by a set up that encourages a lack of tempo and lack of passing options.

We might scrape 10th but you'd still happily see virtually the entire squad, and manager, dumped.

Don't forget the current assistant, so called, coach, and the rest of the backroom staff. Been inept and invisible for the last 3 seasons.

Edited by indicator

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Wow.

Imagine being completely outfought in a vital relegation match by a team with absolutely nothing to play for who are a notorious shower of no-shows.

Imagine watching that first half and sticking the same 11 out after the break. “You’ve got 15 minutes to improve or your off..” aye cos the previous 45 minutes of shite weren’t enough Craig?!

Imagine keeping 3 centre backs on when you’re desperately chasing a match and you’re looking wide open to the counter anyway.

Imagine Matt Smith getting several international caps for a country that’s qualified for major tournaments.

We have to hope County lose every match.

That late goal might prove to matter if it comes down to GD so at least Stevie May appeared to give a f**k and kept at it.

Theres zero unity or cohesion left in the team.No playing for the jersey or playing for each other or the manager.This is a broken club that needs re built from the top to the bottom.

1 minute ago, saint in exile said:

Theres zero unity or cohesion left in the team.No playing for the jersey or playing for each other or the manager.This is a broken club that needs re built from the top to the bottom.

It’s ok. You play Aberdeen next match.

Interesting seeing the highlights back that all 3 goals have incidents of two players going for the same header and causing someone to be out of position. 

I was one of the mentalists who went up to this and my findings were as follows:

1) St Johnstone pies are genuinely good. My well padded pal had 2. 

2) St Johnstone - Mitov is an excellent keeper and the covering midfielder is good. The rest were awful which was probably a good thing given our defence.

3) Hibs weren't really any better than they have been in the last few weeks and Monty is still an absolute tadger but a few more shots went in. Thank you Paul Hanlon.

3 hours ago, AndyM said:

I was one of the mentalists who went up to this and my findings were as follows:

1) St Johnstone pies are genuinely good. My well padded pal had 2. 

2) St Johnstone - Mitov is an excellent keeper and the covering midfielder is good. The rest were awful which was probably a good thing given our defence.

3) Hibs weren't really any better than they have been in the last few weeks and Monty is still an absolute tadger but a few more shots went in. Thank you Paul Hanlon.

That's exactly as I saw it. Hibs PR will spin it as a turning point though. 

45 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

That's exactly as I saw it. Hibs PR will spin it as a turning point though. 

Hibs were alright Tommy, nothing more. Still too slack with our passing for my liking. The free kick was a thing of beauty but overall I thought Marcondes was poor as he kept giving the ball away. 

The St Johnstone pies however were tremendous, chicken curry and steak and chorizo on offer. 😀 

1 minute ago, AndyM said:

Hibs were alright Tommy, nothing more. Still too slack with our passing for my liking. The free kick was a thing of beauty but overall I thought Marcondes was poor as he kept giving the ball away. 

The St Johnstone pies however were tremendous, chicken curry and steak and chorizo on offer. 😀 

Marcondes highlight was running straight into Maolida on the byline. He's a way too casual showpony for me I'm afraid. I'm amazed he wasn't hooked earlier.

At least Boyle looked faster. 

I think having space and time, and no defensive responsibility, was perfect for Marcondes. You could tell he was quality and he looked good, but you could also tell he is a bit of a luxury who'd vanish when it got hard.

Maolida is unreal though. One of the best wingers I've ever seen play in Scotland.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maolida is unreal though. One of the best wingers I've ever seen play in Scotland.

He ran at us with absolute ease, whether through the middle, from side to side or down the wing. A stand out for me.