Firstscotrail Whatever The Feck They're Called

Rugster

The barriers at Paisley usually have one person selling tickets and four checking them. :angry:

Yep - I hate the p***ks.

Same thing happened to me at Stirling when I was rushing for a train. Saw the barrier and three people manning it, who told me I needed to get a ticket and if I missed my train then "tough, you'll have to get the next one then eh". Queue was stretched a mile back from the one person serving at the counter and one other person serving at the side.

They are complete c'nts.

And another thing - why havent they managed to come up with the completely novel idea of a return that isnt limited to one day travel?

And why does it cost me only 40 p more to get a return than it does for a single fare?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep - I hate the p***ks.

Same thing happened to me at Stirling when I was rushing for a train. Saw the barrier and three people manning it, who told me I needed to get a ticket and if I missed my train then "tough, you'll have to get the next one then eh". Queue was stretched a mile back from the one person serving at the counter and one other person serving at the side.

They are complete c'nts.

And another thing - why havent they managed to come up with the completely novel idea of a return that isnt limited to one day travel?

And why does it cost me only 40 p more to get a return than it does for a single fare?

Also - peak time prices? It's about 15 quid for a return from Glasgow to Edinburgh as opposed to about 8 at off peak. 15 quid? I could go to Spain for that price!

I don't know what their timetable changes involve, but I have recently been getting a train a couple of times a week from Johnstone to Glasgow in the morning, and in my experience it is ALWAYS late. What the feck is the point of a timetable if the train is never on time? Why don't they just tell people a realistic service rather than promising something great and then failing to deliver?

You can get an open return - I got one a couple of years back to Aberdeen and it cost me about £30. I don't know how much a standard return is for comparison.

I hate using ScotRail. After more incompetence from them this time last year I wrote a ranty letter complaing about everything and anything, from the late trains to the fact that folk have to wait on the previous late train coming in for their journey, rather than just running one of the other trains that sits in the station doing sod all. There was also a mention of their overpriced KitKats along the way.

The best one was a few weeks ago when. I've started getting a lifts from uni at the weekends I'm going home, but because of the snow it took ages so the person dropped us at Easterhouse station. Fair enough. Went inside, no one at the ticket office, no problem I thought. Got to Queen Street, went to the wee guy at the barrier and was told I couldn't use my discount as I'd walked past a manned station :o

I couldn't be bothered pointing out to him that if it had been a manned station I would have been standing there buying a ticket from him :rolleyes:

You can definetly get them - I'm always asked when buying tickets at Queen Street if I'm "coming back today" - they've never understood why I say to them "no idea - I'm going to Dundee FFS" :P

I bought my ticket for £34.40 to go up to Aberdeen on a Saturday night, and she asked me when I was coming back, I said Monday, and she handed me my ticket.

Where's the problem there? I came back on Monday hassle free.

I bought my ticket for £34.40 to go up to Aberdeen on a Saturday night, and she asked me when I was coming back, I said Monday, and she handed me my ticket.

Where's the problem there? I came back on Monday hassle free.

I asked the boy at Falkirk for a return to somewhere and said I was coming back the next day - he said I was as well paying for two singles as it was the same price.

Maybe I just got a duffer.

Would just like to add that first scotrail suck c0ck!!

Last week trains were delayed due to the weather, it wasn’t even that cold!!!

Pathetic!

When i pass my driving license and get a motor (hopefully within the next 5-6 weeks), i'm going to be using the Park & Ride service at Ingliston.

Free parking and the bus only costs £1 each way into the city.

I f'cking hate FirstScotrail soooo much. I use them 5 days a week and the sooner i can stop lining their pockets the better.

I asked the boy at Falkirk for a return to somewhere and said I was coming back the next day - he said I was as well paying for two singles as it was the same price.

Maybe I just got a duffer.

Same happened to me the other week.

Surely with all the barriers etc, they must be raking it in as no-one can now dodge the train fare. (as I frequently did in my student days), if so, why can't they run a better service??? <_<

I wrote a letter of complaint to them once, because the train was about 2 hours late which meant I missed the last bus back to St Andrews and had to get a taxi that cost me about a tenner. So I wrote saying I wasn't best pleased etc etc please refund me the £10. I got a letter back saying....

Dear Mr Casey

I stopped reading it after that. Fucking fannies.

One in a miority again - I don;t think I have ever really had a mjor problem with Scotrail. Sure one or two wee things but nothing big. One a busy train back from sneck one conductor seemed more concerned with getting me to keep my stuff to myself and not spread my paper out across the seat instead of jarring the 5 kids who had bought tickets for Inverness to Nairn but were still on the train at Keith!

I wrote a letter of complaint to them once, because the train was about 2 hours late which meant I missed the last bus back to St Andrews and had to get a taxi that cost me about a tenner. So I wrote saying I wasn't best pleased etc etc please refund me the £10. I got a letter back saying....

I stopped reading it after that. Fucking fannies.

I don't think you did, you probably kept on reading it, but you're only saying that you didn't for the effect.

One in a miority again - I don;t think I have ever really had a mjor problem with Scotrail. Sure one or two wee things but nothing big. One a busy train back from sneck one conductor seemed more concerned with getting me to keep my stuff to myself and not spread my paper out across the seat instead of jarring the 5 kids who had bought tickets for Inverness to Nairn but were still on the train at Keith!

It's a lot better up North because there are less trains or buses about. You have the main line South and that's it. I've never been on a train North, other than getting blootered in Dingwall for derby games. Down South there is far more scope for misunderstanding and problems.

Another bus driver I once had spent ten minutes arguing with me that a return to S. Qferry is £3.80 when it's £3 only for him to press a button and go "oh aye, so it is ken. Three poond please" <_< Another driver noticed my Northern accent and told me he was from Alness and tried to strike up a bond of teauchter friendship between us :lol: He asked how long I'd been living down here for I said a few months he replied - "I've been here twenty years. And I've hated every minute of it." :huh::lol: What a tool.

Can you not just get drunk after the game? :wacko:

I won't have a car to get there even if I'm sober ya feckin looney! :lol:

Why are there SPL games on on a day where no trains running? Who the f'k makes these decisions? :huh:

Sums the SPL perfectly for me, clueless twats. :angry:

Ruggy, depending on circumstances I might be able to come through and pick you up and at least get you to Falkirk if that helps. Depends whether I am drinking on Christmas Day of course. I'll give you a shout nearer the time. ;)

Cheers, will keep you posted. ;)

Can someone tell me the point of having all these brown people in this country?

We're not allowed Christmas anymore because it might offend other religions.

It must offend them even more to be off their work around Xmas. They should be providing sevices and assistance for the Infidel to get smashed.

If there isn't enough of the Muslims, Hindus etc...... Atheists should be press ganged into action.

Archived