Dundee United vs Partick Thistle - 3rd of May 2024 - PARTY TIME

2 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Fans' organisations have issued a plea to fans to stay in the stands after the final whistle on Friday 

Said it before but IMO the biggest culprits will be people who rarely attend games.  Probably they won’t be members of the supporters’ groups.

Nonetheless a welcome development.

Edited by Granny Danger

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

What about a sole male streaker instead of a pitch invasion? Could tattoo Go  dwin in his arse.

I nominate @Zetterlund

I'll miss the game as ironically I'll also be in Lanzarote (poor excuse, I know).

@Granny Danger is giving me a tour of all the pubs he isn't banned from. Not sure what I'll do for the rest of the morning.

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I'll miss the game as ironically I'll also be in Lanzarote (poor excuse, I know).

@Granny Danger is giving me a tour of all the pubs he isn't banned from. Not sure what I'll do for the rest of the morning.

I’d happily meet up with you and buy you a drink.

Or at least I would if I weren’t a miserable b*****d…

The thought of a third pitch invasion for winning the Pola Cola League of Fun whilst having a monstrous budget compared to every other team should give everyone involved a full body minter.

One pitch invasion after clinching I can just about get my head round.

Two is cringe.

Three is ripping the absolute pish

24 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The thought of a third pitch invasion for winning the Pola Cola League of Fun whilst having a monstrous budget compared to every other team should give everyone involved a full body minter.

Two is cringe.

^^^ Will be leading the charge from the lower George Fox…

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Two is cringe.

And fourthly, having a Civic reception would be a crime against humanity.

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Two is cringe.

Just underlines that the league was won with games to spare. 

13 hours ago, adamntg said:

Just underlines that the league was won with games to spare. 

With the greatest respect to the rest of the league, it should have been won with games to spare.

It should have been won with even more games to spare if we're being honest. And yes, Raith have done well but the amount of times we fucked up ourselves is the reason it's taken this long to clinch it.

32 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

With the greatest respect to the rest of the league, it should have been won with games to spare.

It should have been won with even more games to spare if we're being honest. And yes, Raith have done well but the amount of times we fucked up ourselves is the reason it's taken this long to clinch it.

Dundee and Killie fans thought the same thing when they eventually won it.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

To be fair, Raith picked up over 20pts this season with 90+ minutes goals, they have done brilliant to amass the amount of points they have. The points they have would have given them the league last season 

2 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

To be fair, Raith picked up over 20pts this season with 90+ minutes goals, they have done brilliant to amass the amount of points they have. The points they have would have given them the league last season 

and the law of football means they will now miss out in the playoffs, i'd feel sorry for them but because of their smart arse twitter admin - f**k them

7 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Raith really only kept pace because they beat us twice. Change those results to draws and they lose 4 points and we gain 2. League would've been over even earlier.

Aye and if you’d won every other game as well it’d have been even earlier than that. 

Good one. I'm clearly talking about two head to head games decided by a single goal. Highlights that Raith did well when it mattered but not as great as folk saying they did across the season 

2 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Good one. I'm clearly talking about two head to head games decided by a single goal. Highlights that Raith did well when it mattered but not as great as folk saying they did across the season 

I dont think Raith are as good as folk were making out, saying their squad was better then ours etc

4 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Not sure how you can say that. Considering their resources, Raith did brilliantly this season across the whole campaign, this shouldn't even be in question.

Our season was hampered by Goodwin's tactics of trying to keep possession at the back too much, playing safe football and generally being indirect. This worked in a lot of the matches due to the quality of player we have compared to other teams but the football was attrocious to watch and our tactics were often sussed out which led to bad results at times. 

58 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Not sure how you can say that. Considering their resources, Raith did brilliantly this season across the whole campaign, this shouldn't even be in question.

Our season was hampered by Goodwin's tactics of trying to keep possession at the back too much, playing safe football and generally being indirect. This worked in a lot of the matches due to the quality of player we have compared to other teams but the football was attrocious to watch and our tactics were often sussed out which led to bad results at times. 

It was only when Holt and Gallagher picked up injuries and we had to revert to an untested central defensive pairing that Goodwin ditched the ‘10 passes in the the defensive third’ before getting the ball forward.  In the first four games after that we scored 12 and conceded 1 and picked up 12 points.  I cannot help think that if these injuries hadn’t occurred he would have stuck with the tactics you describe with the likelihood of far less impressive results.